Blaise Matuidi (8 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
It's sad to see how low our expectations have come regarding midfielders, i have nothing more to say on this debate that i didnt point out already in my previous post, tho i agree it would be wiser to talk in a couple of months and see how he been doing overall and maybe by than he will justify his 30M pricetag aswell, but so far from what i seen, he contributed nothing more than what Sturaro could have offered us already in his position.

- - - Updated - - -

Had to update with some facts because some of you making me sound like i'm crazy for criticizing him, which is not the case.

This are his most relevant stats against Benevento.

- Grinta and defensively speaking he had 1 succesfull tackle , less than Bentancur that had 3 succesfull tackles in 10 minutes of play.
- Shots 3 of which 1 blocked and 2 off-target , they all mostly resulted in us losing possesion.
- He been dispossesed 3 times , lost the ball more than any other player along with Higuain.

So overall there been 6 situations against Benevento when Matuidi lost the ball/gave it away comparing to his 1 succesfull ball recovery/defensive tackle that he had and offensively he headed an assist to Higuain that was 90% for Higuain to convert it, dont call that offensive contribution, tbh even Chiellini or Sturaro could have provided that header if playing in his position.

Tell me again now, what energy what grinta what defensive/offensive contribution did he really bring, his stats are poor against one of the worst teams to ever play in Seria A. He has to step up his game and whoever thinks he been doing well so far are either just over-optimistic or didnt even bother to watch him play a full game, you just cant have this low of expectations from a CM of his experience that clearly has to help in transition aswell.

I am the last person to start criticising our players so early on but in this case the facts talk for theyrselfes and even tho i am dissappointed i still believe Matuidi can surely do better when used properly and i believe that eventually Allegri will find the right formula to integrate him in a way that he can show his true potential by being efficient at what he does best unlike what he been doing so far, where every one good thing he does is followed by other 3 bad things he is about to do in the same game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Attachments

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah he was mostly crap against Benevento. He's coming back from injury though. Also I don't think he's the best player in this kind of game where you have all possession and are looking to break down an opponent.

Apr 29, 2006
Yeah he was mostly crap against Benevento. He's coming back from injury though. Also I don't think he's the best player in this kind of game where you have all possession and are looking to break down an opponent.
Yet we knew this is the kind of game we would be playing long before we signed him. Hence some of the furstration here. Perhaps he was meant for those Barcelona-type games, where we wouldn't have the possession - but we did well against them last year and he didn't.

His price tag was high, but his wages are all right at least.

I honestly don't see him as anything more than a bench option or rotation at most. Wouldn't improve much either, perhaps a bit tactically. He would be almost useless against small teams parking the bus, perhaps he could help in games where we need to press them higher. :shifty:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Whenever he is on the pitch opponents can't threaten our goal at all. He presses them madly. Should be a starter.
Definitely, reads game so well and you wont see him jogging as some other players tend to.
He is clumsy in attack, thats true, but we have so many attackers that it doesnt really matter.
Would like to see this soon:
MDS Howedes Rugani AS
Marchisio Pjanic Matuidi
Dybala D. Costa
MAndzu/Higuain (if he starts playing)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Should have scored a couple of goals last night. I really like his direct play and late runs in the box. Looks awkward af though, very similar style to Sissoko :D He should be starting in a 3 man midfield.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So unlucky on that shot. Yes it turned into a Reina wonder save but there is also a lot of luck involved from that distance when the keeper can only fling an arm up and hope for the best. A few cms either way and it's unstoppable.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
So unlucky on that shot. Yes it turned into a Reina wonder save but there is also a lot of luck involved from that distance when the keeper can only fling an arm up and hope for the best. A few cms either way and it's unstoppable.
:agree:

Was a fluke save, especially after hitting the ground first.

He has had a few bad misses in recent games, but really glad to see him get int goal scoring positions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)