Blaise Matuidi (19 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
I think while he is not a world beater he will make the team extremely effective and more versatile. I love this signing. Whil epl is buyin lemina for 20 mil we bought a veteran experienced in cl and on the international stage that has played with and against the highest level players.

- - - Updated - - -

I think while he is not a world beater he will make the team extremely effective and more versatile. I love this signing. Whil epl is buyin lemina for 20 mil we bought a veteran experienced in cl and on the international stage that has played with and against the highest level players.

Apr 19, 2007
Why anyone thought he was a scrub is just ignorant. Hes a limited player in some areas but is a great player and what we needed. People hated him because we want to create some barca midfield that can have 70% possesion or something. All ball players but no teeth

May 26, 2016
I think he played great. He has been better than I expected...
The thing is, for some weird reason , he was massively underrated in this forum. Offcourse he is good, guy has been a regular at The national team. ( To put it into pperspective, We had freaking Lemina and Rincon at backup last season ffs)

This is a massive upgrade.

If i could choose i obviously would have taken verratti instead, but Blaise is a great investment, nevertheless!

He is a kind of a toolbox midfield player and does his job without a fuzz. Every succesfull team has one ( Casemiro, Kante) , so glad we got our very own.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
So, i dont understand one thing. Matuidi came on a Thursday, came on as a sub on Saturday. Costa has been with us for a month now, same as Bernandeschi and they have played like 40 minutes in total so far combined. Was the situation in that CM position so desperate that we had to play a player that came two days ago or is Matuidi some sort of a genius that managed to gel into the team in 24 hours and Costa and Berna are retards?

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #515
    So, i dont understand one thing. Matuidi came on a Thursday, came on as a sub on Saturday. Costa has been with us for a month now, same as Bernandeschi and they have played like 40 minutes in total so far combined. Was the situation in that CM position so desperate that we had to play a player that came two days ago or is Matuidi some sort of a genius that managed to gel into the team in 24 hours and Costa and Berna are retards?
    Berna played with young Italian NT so he didn't have a regular pre-season setup. He's still not in form as his trainings starter later than others.

As for Costa... I don't know.

But as for Matuidi, yes, he's actually better than Khedira so he can start right away.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
    Jun 2, 2007
    Matuidi is a player that I always thought was never too fancy but is so effective on a team. I mean PSG could have used so many tactical setup, same with the French NT, but he was always there to make the team more effective. I hope he can be just that way for us, effective, both in defense and offense. All I know is that he will not stop running, unlike Sami has been for us in 2017!

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    I think it's because of the right hand side, Khedira as RCM and Licht/MDS/Barzagli as RB's is a pretty fragile set-up and our opponents constantly try to use that. It's logical that Allegri doesn't want to throw in Costa/Berna instead of Cuads, because right side is under a lot of pressure defensively, not the best circumstances for a newbie to prove himself.

Putting Matuidi on actually helps to take some pressure off our defense, since the guy is a very good ball-winner. Once he's ready to start and rock that midfield, maybe Allegri will be ready to bench Cuads. He'll never bench Mandžukič though, he's been his favorite from day 1.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Absolutely he's in better physical shape but Matuidi was faster, more agile and more energetic to begin with. Khedira's strong suit is intelligence and technique but the role he plays next to Pjanic demands more than that.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I mean he is in better shape than Bernardeschi, in response to the guy who was wondering why he is not playing. We also have less choice in CM right now. The "back ups" are Matuidi and the kid Bentancur. Plus Khedira doesn't have 90 mins in himself at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)