Blaise Matuidi (9 Viewers)

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
80% of games is a really high standard, our player apps last season according to transfermarkt:

Higuain 55
Mandžukič 50
Dybala 48
Pjanič 47
Khedira 46
Cuadrado 45
Bonucci 45
A.Sandro 43
Buffon 43
Barzagli 39
Chiellini 33
D.Alves 33
Licht 30
Lemina 29
Marchisio 29
Sturaro 28
Asamoah 24
Benatia 21
Rugani 20
Pjaca 20
Rincon 19
Neto 14
Hernanes 13
Evra 13
Kean 4

We had 57 games total, so the 80% barrier is after 46 games, this means only five of our guys played >=80% of our games last season, I don't see why we can't limit Matuidi to just 45 or 44 apps :beppe:
PSG had
16/17: 57 games, Matuidi played 52 of them (91%, just Lucas played one game more)
15/16: 59 games, Matuidi played 48 of them (81%)
14/15: 59 games, Matuidi played 53 of them (90%, most of all players)
13/14: 55 games, Matuidi played 52 of them (95%)

impressive..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
PSG had
16/17: 57 games, Matuidi played 52 of them (91%, just Lucas played one game more)
15/16: 59 games, Matuidi played 48 of them (81%)
14/15: 59 games, Matuidi played 53 of them (90%, most of all players)
13/14: 55 games, Matuidi played 52 of them (95%)

impressive..
That's crazy. inb4 we injure him

---

Still not a bad deal. 20m for sure is gone and that extra 10m isn't gonna leave our bank account :beppe:

- - - Updated - - -

https://amp.calciomercato.com/news/amoyal-25421

Blaise Matuidi to Juventus- the most obvious reason why Juventus lost by a significant margin in Cardiff was the mismatch in the midfield- Toni Kroos and Luka Modric dominated Sami Khedira and Miralem Pjanic. While it’s probably not a good idea to plan your summer transfer window based on the outcome of one game (especially one lost against a team that won 3 out of the last 4 Champions Leagues) after losing Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba in back to back summer, the midfield went from being Juventus’ best attribute to their most glaring weakness.

So many expected Beppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici to make the midfield a priority- instead we saw them focus on improving on the wings by signing Douglas Costa and Federico Bernardeschi, replacing Dani Alves with Mattia De Sciglio and plan for life after Buffon by signing Wojciech Szczesny. Prior to last week, the only addition to the midfield was bringing in Rodrigo Bentancur on whom Juve had an option dating back to the Carlos Tevez deal.

While Blaise Matuidi’s arrival was made official last Friday, in previous months there were numerous midfielders who had come close to joining the bianconeri- many would argue they were better options. There was of course Axel Witsel, who was in Turin to take a medical at the end of the summer transfer window last year, the bianconeri were expected to sign him on a free transfer once his contract with Zenit expired- he instead then opted to accept a rich offer from China.

After the collapse of the Witsel deal, it seemed like just a matter of time until Juventus would sign Corentin Tolisso- who would have been a great long term option in the midfield while also having the ability to play at right back, arguably Juve’s biggest pain point at the moment. As you all know, Tolisso ended up joining Arturo Vidal at Bayern Munich creating all sorts of “what if?” scenarios for Juventus fans.

Once Tolisso was off the table, Juventus went back in for two familiar targets N’Zonzi and Chelsea’s Matic- but Marotta and Paratic weren’t able to convince Sevilla to lower their demands on the full 40 million exit clause despite allowing them to sign Fernando Llorente on a free transfer after rescinding his contract. Despite offering Chelsea the possibility of avoiding sending Matic to a direct rival, Juventus lost out in the race for Matic.

While Matuidi is now at the end of his prime, and isn’t an exciting a signing as Matic and Tolisso, he will at least bring energy to Juventus midfield (an attribute sorely lacking) as well as giving Max Allegri the option of using a variation of the 4-3-3 formation, he could be an intriguing option playing alongside Alex Sandro and Douglas Costa on the left side while allowing Miralem Pjanic more freedom. The cost of the Matuidi transfer could go all the way up to 30 million euro, but that would be only if he appears in 80% of the matches over the life of his three year contract- and if that is the case, it would almost certainly mean Matuidi was a success at Juventus.

- - - Updated - - -

our boy @dann10 :tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I am growing more positive about this transfer. He is like a far less impressive Pogba but doesn't make stupid decisions - he plays the percentages, puts in the hard work and doesn't make a lot of errors - keeps it simple when it doesn't need to be complicated. I remember how frustrated Allegri used to get with Pogba sometimes. Was reasonably impressed with his debut despite only training with the team for like a day.
What? He is hardworking water carrier with decent offensive instincts. But he has nothing in common with Pogba who can do it all on the pitch, for starters he doesn't even have a third of Pogbas talent.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
“This is a great club with a habit of going far in the Champions League, and winning the Scudetto,” Matuidi said in his official presentation.

“For me it was natural to come to this team and wear this shirt. There are many great players who have worn this shirt and for me it’s a great honour to be part of the Juventus family.

“I never had the slightest doubt and I’m very happy to be here.

“In my opinion every team is different, every team has its own culture. I’ve come to a new country so this is a new adventure for me.

“This is a particularly ambitious challenge, I’ve come to a big club. First things first I have to adapt, but my teammates have welcomed me really well and it’ll certainly be easier when he have an understanding on and off the pitch.

“Juve have a great history, this is such an important club and it’s a huge honour for me to be here.

“Last year? I don’t want to go back over what happened in the past, there were rumours that the club was interested in me but nothing came of it.

“Maybe PSG didn’t want to let me go, but better late than never. I’m glad to be here.

Didier Deschamps wore the number 14 at Juventus, and is also the France Coach, and Matuidi has also chosen that number.

I talked to Deschamps, who is my Coach with France and that was very important for me because I received a lot of information about the club.

“It’s very important for me to change clubs, evolve in a new context and then there’s the World Cup to think about.

“I asked for some information, even if I’d already decided and he spoke really highly of Juve to me.

“The number is the one I’ve had for many years, so I have to say it’s a coincidence it’s the one Deschamps had at Juve, but he did great things here.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)