Blaise Matuidi (11 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
let Beppe do the work.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=twitter;898570483989438464]https://twitter.com/OTM_tuZ/status/898570483989438464[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

3 year contract.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=twitter;898571169212887040]https://twitter.com/juventusfc/status/898571169212887040[/video]

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
let Beppe do the work.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=twitter;898570483989438464]https://twitter.com/OTM_tuZ/status/898570483989438464[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

3 year contract.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=twitter;898571169212887040]https://twitter.com/juventusfc/status/898571169212887040[/video]
LOL 30.5 ???? oh well, he is ours now, and i hope some of those bonuses are CL bonuses, cause I dont care how much we need to pay if we win CL!!
Welcome Blaise!!

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #275
    If he becomes a starter here enough to fulfil the bonus conditions it's pretty clear he's worth 30mil. If he doesn't he cost us 20 mil which is peanuts in this market, where players like Paulinho cost 40mil.
    He's not coming here to warm the bench. It's just a matter of time when we pay the extra 10mln. It might be next summer or in 2 years, but we're gonna pay for it.

20mln for a 30yo with 4mln/season is not peantus, let alone 30mln.

No need to mention how he was a PSG starter cause, well, PSG never really achieved anything.

I never liked Matuidi. However, I do think he's underrated here. I just hate the fact that our transfer moves this summer consist of D.Costa, Bernardeschi, De Sciglio and Matuidi. We were in the CL finals and these names don't even sound impressive enough to boost us to another level.

Also, I still believe Matuidi would be decent in a 3 man midfield, which we're not going to field obviously. I was reading news the other day and saw how we might sign Matuidi for 15 and it kinda made me happy. I was like 'what the hell, he's a good enough backup', but seeing how the number went double that, I can only be disappointed by the fact that we're willing to pay so much for a player who's not even impressive enough to make our midfield a lot better which we badly need.

If Roma, Milan or Inter managed to sign him I'd probably clap my hands because it would be a good move for them. Not that good for us, though.

Apr 19, 2007
    By the end of the season he will be a favorite here. Is what we need to be honest. Great motor and physically strong and athletic. Great experience on the international stage which is what we want and need. We saw how much that helps when you bring in CL experienced players. Im super happy with this and I think after the world cup Khedira probably will go to MLS or something and maybe we bring in a top dog next summer or the year after. Our midfield is definately improved with him in it if you ask me

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
    20 million plus 10.5 bonuses based on 3 season appearance for a guy whose game is based on his engine and he no longer has one. Not to forget Raiola's commissions, so disappointing .
    Now hoping for his performance to prove me wrong.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    He's not coming here to warm the bench. It's just a matter of time when we pay the extra 10mln. It might be next summer or in 2 years, but we're gonna pay for it.

20mln for a 30yo with 4mln/season is not peantus, let alone 30mln.

No need to mention how he was a PSG starter cause, well, PSG never really achieved anything.

I never liked Matuidi. However, I do think he's underrated here. I just hate the fact that our transfer moves this summer consist of D.Costa, Bernardeschi, De Sciglio and Matuidi. We were in the CL finals and these names don't even sound impressive enough to boost us to another level.

Also, I still believe Matuidi would be decent in a 3 man midfield, which we're not going to field obviously. I was reading news the other day and saw how we might sign Matuidi for 15 and it kinda made me happy. I was like 'what the hell, he's a good enough backup', but seeing how the number went double that, I can only be disappointed by the fact that we're willing to pay so much for a player who's not even impressive enough to make our midfield a lot better which we badly need.

If Roma, Milan or Inter managed to sign him I'd probably clap my hands because it would be a good move for them. Not that good for us, though.
    It's a fine move. We clearly don't want to spend a fortune on a mid.

This is the price for a good, solid 29-30 year old mid.

Matic at 29 is costing 45mil + bonus

Sevilla won't sell Nzonzi for less than his 40 mil release clause.

You can be disappointed by the calibre of the signing, I don't rate Matuidi super highly, but the price is perfectly fine for a guy of his level, age, experience. And it's not 30.5mil unless he actually becomes a very significant part of our starting XI. He's 20 mil right now until we see that. If he improves us significantly upon Khedira and allows us to use a 3 man midfield with far better balance he could end up being a fantastic signing. The 10.5 mil is also based upon appearances over the next 3 years, not just one year, so he has to hold don't a starting spot and be an important member of our team for 3 years. So no, it's not next summer or the one after, it's 3 years before we know if we will owe that entire 10.5 million.

Y'all need to stop being so whiny and petulant this summer. If the season goes poorly there's a reason for bitching, but right now people are just bitching based on speculation which is pathetic.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
    Quote from a random fan:

"Absolute steal. Amazes me how PSG sells to a top Champions League competitor for 30M but would probably have charged any English club 50M+

I understand clubs make EPL teams along with Real and Barca overpay, but still! It's Juve, they're in the same class as the other clubs that get overcharged !"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)