Blaise Matuidi (11 Viewers)

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Haha people complained when we had Sturaro, Lemina and Rincon as options, now we get Matuidi for 20mil and some are still unhappy. Give him a chance at least. I know he relies mostly on his stamina and overall physicality but players don't suddenly turn to shit on their 30th birthday (unless they're Lichtsteiner).

Also keep in mind that in today's market someone paid close to 20mil for Lemina.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Why would it happen? We've signed players to clearly be used in a 4-2-3-1, the 4-3-3 doesn't work with the players we have.
Remember in 2015 how we used to "lol sub barzagli in 352 trow the key away" ?

In 2018, thats gonna be "lol sub matuidi in 433 trow away the key"

Which would be handy if you have Khedira beeing Khedira and Pjanic getting injured and your cm is getting ran over

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Seems like an ok deal, maybe not the real player we need but far better than Lemina and Rincon. Still don't know why we passed on Matic but I guess Matuidi will do

420blaiseit :baus:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Everyone seems to think we got one hell of a deal for this guy except tuzzers. Lmao.
So true it appears! Woke up to this ....

Hakim Fitri‏
@AHMADhakimfitri
So Matuidi to Juve for 18 million and Drinkwater will cost Chelsea 40 million. What the fork
11:54 PM - 16 Aug 2017

David @iChelseaRelated
Matuidi still has his game. Might be 30 but he still has 2-3 years left. A steal for £18m.
6:17 AM - Aug 17, 2017

Year Of O.R‏
@Lehlohonolo_13
I feel disrespected by Chelsea. Juventus is buying Matuidi for 20m & we want to buy Drinkwater for 40m? Drinkwater!!??? Someone must resign!
2:17 AM - 17 Aug 2017

Haven't been here long, so trusted majority opinion here that this MF wasn't the the best option. Probably isn't, but for the money looks like a good deal. Now if he gives Juve a Alves type year than it will be a great deal.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I don't know how this signing means we're going to 4-3-3. Matuidi doesn't have the legs to play LCM like he used to so it's natural to think he would welcome a more defensive duty. Plus you have the simple math of having 4 DMs for 2 positions which is the standard cover you need. Plus Bentancur.

If you played with 3 CMs, you'd need about 6 CMs, which is what we always had in the past with 3-5-2. We don't have anything close to that many CMs.

Then how do you make sense of Higuain/Dybala in a 4-3-3. If Dybala was going to play RW then he would have played it a long time ago when we actually had 3 CMs worth playing together.
He had the legs for lcm last season but he doesn't have them anymore few months later? Also, we do have 6 cms, you forgot about Sturaro. I'm not thinking we gonna switch permanently to a 3 man midfield but now it's a valid option and I'm sure we gonna use it from time to time during the season.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)