Blaise Matuidi (7 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
how many victories are related to makélélé's name? who remembers deschamps or tardelli as a match winner player? dm's of great teams are often the most underappreciated players. they don't win the match, they help to avoid losing it.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Of course there are many victories related to those names, and you don't have to go to the past. There are also many victories attributed to Vidal and Kante. Madrid falls apart without Casemiro. Gabi became a legend for Atletico in their liga and CL runs. Often we see now victories to Wijnaldum's name and just last night one of many to Barella. Cagliari has had many matches won by Nainggolan. Workhorse midfielders are loved by fans.

It's not a problem of Matuidi's position that he is not appreciated, it's a problem with Matuidi's level.

Everyone here would take Tardelli or Deschamps over him and praise them in matches.

Matuidi plays mezzala in the style of Vidal, he is just terrible at it so people think more of his defensive contribution. But he still fails at that when compared to proper DMs.

Nov 3, 2019
Still the biggest wonder for me is: How we could turn a 0-2 against Atletico Madrid into a 3-0 with Matuidi on the pitch

- - - Updated - - -

Of course there are many victories related to those names, and you don't have to go to the past. There are also many victories attributed to Vidal and Kante. Madrid falls apart without Casemiro. Gabi became a legend for Atletico in their liga and CL runs. Often we see now victories to Wijnaldum's name and just last night one of many to Barella. Cagliari has had many matches won by Nainggolan. Workhorse midfielders are loved by fans.

It's not a problem of Matuidi's position that he is not appreciated, it's a problem with Matuidi's level.

Everyone here would take Tardelli or Deschamps over him and praise them in matches.

Matuidi plays mezzala in the style of Vidal, he is just terrible at it so people think more of his defensive contribution. But he still fails at that when compared to proper DMs.
Casemiro is looking like Zinedine Zidane next to Matuidi

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Of course there are many victories related to those names, and you don't have to go to the past. ...
i guess our resident troll suggested that matuidi wasn't a key player for those squads which he won titles with.

those players that you mentioned are mostly unsung heroes, neither of them was a typical key figure whom the average fans appreciated, vidal being a rare exception. for example, who are the players you associate with liverpool's recent winning cycle? salah, allison, mané, van dijk, firmino or alexander arnold are praised every single time over wijnaldum, right? same goes for casemiro, who's rated below kross and modric every single time. i'm not talking about his importance, i'm talking about the perception of his importance. football fans usually want to see flashy players in their team, and workrate is often underrated (see mandzukic for juve).

anyway, i'd rather bash paratici for not signing better mids than matuidi himself. matuidi is not a tier 1 workhorse anymore, maybe he never was, but gives his all usually, and that's what he's capable of. this hysteria about his contract renewal is something i don't really understand. a team can't replace all its midfielders in a summer window, but that is exactly what tuz suggests.

and calma, rabiot will bench matuidi once his match fitness allows it.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
i guess our resident troll suggested that matuidi wasn't a key player for those squads which he won titles with.

those players that you mentioned are mostly unsung heroes, neither of them was a typical key figure whom the average fans appreciated, vidal being a rare exception. for example, who are the players you associate with liverpool's recent winning cycle? salah, allison, mané, van dijk, firmino or alexander arnold are praised every single time over wijnaldum, right? same goes for casemiro, who's rated below kross and modric every single time. i'm not talking about his importance, i'm talking about the perception of his importance. football fans usually want to see flashy players in their team, and workrate is often underrated (see mandzukic for juve).

anyway, i'd rather bash paratici for not signing better mids than matuidi himself. matuidi is not a tier 1 workhorse anymore, maybe he never was, but gives his all usually, and that's what he's capable of. this hysteria about his contract renewal is something i don't really understand. a team can't replace all its midfielders in a summer window, but that is exactly what tuz suggests.

and calma, rabiot will bench matuidi once his match fitness allows it.
I don't think anyone here is so casual that they don't see the importance of workhorse midfielders to a team. That's not a argument to be made to a group of fans members of an online forum for years to discuss their club.

Matuidi may have been a key player in some of the titles he won, but that matters little now. What matters is what he gives Juve and he is certainly not one of our key players. No one says he isn't a nice guy or that he doesn't give it his all, but the same can be said of many player that sadly aren't good enough to be at Juve.

We don't need to replace all of our midfielders in one window, Pjanic, Bentancur, Rabiot, Ramsey, Bernardeschi can stay. We just need to move Khedira (who isn't a factor anymore), Can (who was never a factor), and Matuidi (who drags us down). It is pointless to stay married to Matuidi for longer. He is a high earner who is past his peak and is often the worst player we field. That leaves 5 midfielders, it wouldn't put us in any sort of emergency, simply make 1 good signing and that's it. Situation improved. Or if Bernardeschi is not considered a good enough midfielder by Sarri in the summer, then 2 signings.

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
The only problem i have is that Matuidi is no good with the ball on his feet.
and Sarri playing possession football so Matuidi is no good fit for it.

I think that both us and Sarri saw who is fit and who is not fit in Sarri's Juve since pre-season.
The only reason that Matuidi starts is that we don't have other options.

I am sure as season goes on if Rabiot stays injure free he will be the starter
But we need also Bentacur and Pjanic to stay injure free, apparently Matuidi is the 4th choice
I hope Ramsey and Berdadeschi to step up because they are better for that kind of football even as CM

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I know being shit is not his fault, but wtf are we supposed to do?
What other way do we have of making Juventus aware that the fans strongly oppose his extension?

- - - Updated - - -

lol
If we face PSG in CL later this year and get knocked out, with him having an awful performance, I’m sure Blaise will say he is happy for them, and that he is glad to help them out since they have never won CL before.

And you shall say this is understandable and people should move on.

:boh:

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
how many victories are related to makélélé's name? who remembers deschamps or tardelli as a match winner player? dm's of great teams are often the most underappreciated players. they don't win the match, they help to avoid losing it.
Rofl this post is so bad that it’s on Matuidi level. Makelele bossed tons of games for Chelsea during Mourinho era. Deschamps Tardelli etc were standout players during their time, equivalent to Edgar Davids and Vidal.

Please do not compare Matuidi to any of those names. Matuidi can only be compared to Fabio Tarodialo, who doesn’t even exist because no player on planet can be as shiet as Matuidi.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I must have no clue on this stuff. The guy is all but gone in the summer and now we want to extend him? Like another team is going to snatch him away from Juve? Same way teams were knocking down the door for Sami and Mario. Be only fitting if management gives him more than they gave Sami.

I see what Blaise brings to the table but I just can't endure one more time watching CR7 with Blaise working the 2 man game deep down the left side attempting to score.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)