Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Im talking about the rationalizations here, this place is a psychoanalyst's wet dream, pun intended
:lol:

I readily admit to being rather silly and hyperbolic about this stuff, with my own rationalizations. It is called silly season, and hindsight being what it is and all.

As I said, my only problem with this management is the Vidal sale, which should not have happened if we had any idea we'd be selling Pogba this summer. That's the only move I will not defend Beppe on, and the related arrival of Hernanes as I definitely link those 2, even if not like for like.

The amusing part is that if we had kept Vidal and sold Pogba the apparent "age factor" would be the exact same as with bringing in Matuidi. Only we'd have a better player. But no difference with regards to age at all.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This signing smells like we have money burning a hole in our pocket and no one to use it on. We probably got rebuffed on numerous other targets including Isco.

Management doesn't want to hold resources in reserve when we can win the CL.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
This signing smells like we have money burning a hole in our pocket and no one to use it on. We probably got rebuffed on numerous other targets including Isco.

Management doesn't want to hold resources in reserve when we can win the CL.
Can't get Isco? BLAISE the monies instead :spliff:

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
It's all good.

When there is someone out of the blue with whom I very rarely interact with, comes out with a quote like that, I don't know whether to take it as a joke or not. If it is with someone that I have regular contact with, then yeah, I would have seen it as such. I apologize if I have caused any unnecessary drama
You haven't.. let's not exaggerate and be oversensitive..

It was just something that sounded very suitable on my head to the old people conversation.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You forgot Pjaca and Berardi. Not to mention we have some very promising youngster coming trough and I'm sure we want to get some of them through because of the new regulations. Guys like Kastanos, Cassata, Kean and others can make their mark in the future.
yeah, i was going with youngest player on each position, no idea why i forgot Pjaca. and all this is without even considering all the players we will sign in the next few mercatos, and we usually sign atleast 3-4 new ones each summer. age is nothing to worry about really

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. I feel like I'm going insane here reading that we are in grave danger about the age of our squad. our bench is very young, and we have replacements for all our 30+ starters except Buffon and Alves already in the squad.
and i havent even listed them all. ilbrutto mentioned some, but there are others, mostly italians like Cerri, Ganz or that new Berardi guy. we own a shitload of youngsters and ofcourse not all will make it, but if we assume that of the current loaned ones 2-3 make it + new players we are bound to sign + what we already have, then i dont understand the concern.

we will replace Buffon once he retires so at the moment we shouldnt even worry about him. about Alves, its the same deal we did with Evra. bought an experienced player until an opportunity arrives (or Lirola turns into a great player). Alves, Cuadrado and Licht if he stays can carry the right side out for a few seasons for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)