Biggest disappointment of the World Cup? (1 Viewer)

Biggest disappointment of the World Cup?

• Argentina

• France

• Italy

• Spain

• Portugal

• England

• Uruguay

• Cameroon

• Nigeria

• Croatia

Results are only viewable after voting.

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
To be honest, out of the 32 teams ALL dissapointed except for:
Senegal - WoW
S. Korea - was it them or the refs ?
U.S.A. - Unforgettable performances.
Turkey - No Fear motto.
Brazil - where they really tested though?
Germany reaching the final tells it all !!
I nearly forgot Belgium - they had a good tournament overall.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
please can somebody explain to me how England in which nobody expected to win it, and which most so called experts thot wong get out of their grp, have about 12% of the vote. Imo they performed or got further than most ppl thought they would.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #26
    I agree with that opinion, denco. I never expected them to break out of the group even, so it's safe to see they surpassed my expectations. :)

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
    Personally, i didn't vote for England, but would understand why people would do so. eng didn't perform well against sweden, were lucky to get past arg who missed a lot of chances, played one of the most boring matches in the cup against nigeria, and didn't take advantage against brazil when they had to.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Anastacia ] ++
    Personally, i didn't vote for England, but would understand why people would do so. eng didn't perform well against sweden, were lucky to get past arg who missed a lot of chances, played one of the most boring matches in the cup against nigeria, and didn't take advantage against brazil when they had to.
    Be thats as it may, i think the thread was talking about who disappointed the most not who played the worst football. France as world champions and European champions, was by far more disappointing than England as they didnt even score a goal , even if they had the highest goal scorers in Epl, SerieA and france in Trez, Henry and Cisse, while argentina qualified with the most impressive record while even Cameroon were a bigger disappointment than England.
    England came out with a player like rio ferdinand with his reputation enhanced and only lost to the eventual winners in the quater finals and people are calling them the greatest disappointment. Whether they had the chance to win or not having got that far shouldn't matter, if it did then all the nations who qualified for the 1/4s should be given votes to

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

Be thats as it may, i think the thread was talking about who disappointed the most not who played the worst football.
    Exactly, so all those who voted for England are wrong.

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Anastacia ] ++
    a team that plays bad football could also be disapointing to its fans .
    No true England fans were dissapointed with England's performance in the world cup

Codino

The Rival
    Jul 21, 2002
    yeh.. very boring.. what are they doing with seaman still in goals?
    and where the hell was Cole!

and Fowler... was he even there! how could u not play that guy! he is a great player.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by RobyBaggio10 ] ++
    yeh.. very boring.. what are they doing with seaman still in goals?
    and where the hell was Cole!

and Fowler... was he even there! how could u not play that guy! he is a great player.
    The had Seaman in goals because their other options had just been religted or were too young.

Which Cole? Ashley was playing, Joe isn't ready to carry a team (c.f. West Ham, religated last year) and Andy kindly announced his international retirement about half an hour after Sven did it for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)