Big guns Get Set for Evra (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, but IMO he works better when he has someone in front of him. If we were playing with him as left back and a left wing, Like ROthan in Monaco, then I'd drive him to Turin myself, but if we're going to play with only wing backs and no real wings, than I'd rather have someone else, someone that is a winger first and a defender second.

May 4, 2004
evra is a player that would be great for juve, then we can push zambrotta op to be left midfielder (i know that many disagree, saying that he should play in the right of the midfield) but i think that we should let camoranesi stay, (if he plays good in the euro 2004..) if not then buy rothen or someone to be or left midfielder and push zambro to the right!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Zambro is a top-class left back, but him being a member of the back four is somewhat restricting as it doesn't allow him to go forward without having to get back. His love for attacking sometimes leads to us being caught out at the back, that wouldn't happen with him in midfield.

At the beginning of the now completed season Capello used a 3-4-1-2 tactic with attacking wing backs (Mancini and Lima) and I think he could use that system to good effect here as well. Zambro and Evra could be the widemen, with Thuram, Ferrari and Mexes forming the back three.

Buffon
Thuram - Mexes - Ferrari
Zambrotta - Emerson - Maresca - Evra
Nedved
Gilardino - Del Piero
I doubt Capello will play this "old" system. A 4-4-2 is more likely.
Mexes and Ferrari will never ever happen, and Gilardino......well, I see him at Roma!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
Sky Sport
Friday, 28 May 2004

by Patrick Haond

Manchester United and Juventus are understood to be ready to slug it out to acquire the services of Monaco full back Patrice Evra.

The France international has enjoyed a stunning campaign and played a major role in the club reaching the UEFA Champions League final.

Evra was also named Ligue 1's Young Player of the Year and his form has attracted admiring glances from the continent's biggest clubs.

Italian titans Juventus have been long-term suitors of the 23-year-old and are rumoured to have offered €8 million to Monaco several weeks ago.

The Red Devils are also reportedly keen on the left back and have been watching his progress this term with interest.

Evra is contracted to Monaco for a further three years but, after scaling such heights with the Principality side this term, may decide a move abroad will be beneficial to his career.

Meanwhile, Paris Saint Germain continue to be on the trail of Evra's team-mate Jerome Rothen, who is another to have revelled on the European stage this season.

Rothen has regularly stated it would fulfil a dream to play for PSG and Vahid Halilhodzic is expected to try to tempt the midfielder to Parc des Princes.

Monaco would be reluctant sellers but an offer in the region of €8 million may prove difficult to refuse, if PSG can raise sufficient funds.
Juventus AND Manchester Utd BIDDING for a player?....:howler:

we can put this into any of those link crap as i dont remember Juventus BID for a player with anyone... its either a quick quite deal without anyone expecting ala Buffon , Nedved or a flash snatch ala Legrotaglie..... WE DO NOT BID.;)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
evra is a player that would be great for juve, then we can push zambrotta op to be left midfielder (i know that many disagree, saying that he should play in the right of the midfield) but i think that we should let camoranesi stay, (if he plays good in the euro 2004..) if not then buy rothen or someone to be or left midfielder and push zambro to the right!

we have kapo as RM and we can get rothen too.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Zambro is a top-class left back, but him being a member of the back four is somewhat restricting as it doesn't allow him to go forward without having to get back. His love for attacking sometimes leads to us being caught out at the back, that wouldn't happen with him in midfield.
Agree , he is a top class Lb.
but his attacking sense is very strong.
I think we must let him attack much and dont think the defense.
bring him back to Rm and get replacement for him.

Maxwell.... I think he is great

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
1. we sign a player who can take the right wing.

2. we sign a player who can take the left wing. i.e.Evra.

under capello, you know he'll want players who can take the whole wing as he likes 3 at the back.

me personally, evra and zambro on the wings would be great. and maybe getting jankulovski in the team gives us cover for evra and in midfield.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
We could put Zambro at LM and Evra at LB, that way Evra has a winger in front of him like he does in Rothen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)