Bible bashing (1 Viewer)

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
-- I Corinthians 14:34-35

The next day..., Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again." ... In the morning..., they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. Peter ... said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree ... has withered!"
-- Mark 11:12-14, 20-21

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son ... Then shall his father and his mother ... bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die.
-- Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Some small boys came out of the city and jeered at [the prophet Elisha], saying, "Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!" And ... he cursed them in the name of the Lord. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys.
-- II Kings 2:23-24

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
-- Ezekiel 23:20

Interesting no? :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by jaecole ] ++
Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
-- I Corinthians 14:34-35
Wow... I like that

If we could only extend this to the workplace, and home as well, especially on Wednesday night when there is football and a "nice" movie at the same time :D

OP
jaecole

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Just wondering if you were being serious about this or if you just wanted some cheap bashing to spend a boring evening.
    Actually yes, ideally I'd like christians to address them and reason them more than putting it down to misinterpretation. But realisitically, this is a forum were we all just laugh at the horse having a big cock :D

OP
    jaecole

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    Have you ever read the bible jae ?
    Yes. Aswell as material from Jehovas and Mormons. I read whatever religious documents I can find for some reason. Though I never noticed these quotes, I read the king james version so I guess they aren't as apparant in it.

OP
    jaecole

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    Considering your other thread tonight Jae, I don't expect better from you. This is pathetic.
    What's pathetic about it? Go away from this thread if you have nothing to say but tell me how it isn't right. Show me why it's pathetic. Is it pathetic that christians can force reference to you, in the media, on the calendar and on your street? Yet it's pathetic to post a thread to ignite discussion?

Did I ask members to come in and beat the shit out of religion? No. Go out of this thread. And even so, should they want to, can't they? You always have an something to say yet never say anything. That's a real problem.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Actually yes, ideally I'd like christians to address them and reason them more than putting it down to misinterpretation. But realisitically, this is a forum were we all just laugh at the horse having a big cock :D
    On defending the Bible and the Christian religion (pay attention, you won't see me do this often): many Christians I've spoken to in this country will verify to you that their religion is based on a set of values (of which the ten commandments [spelling] are only a part) and that the Bible (as valuable as a book it is) was written by human hands despite being the word of God transferred onto paper via prophets. These prophets were, as all writers and people, marked by the era they lived in and upon translating God's word into human languages, they took the liberty of adding advices and theories drawn from their own wisdom. This has created a book consisting of many different books marked by their writers who were marked by their times. It is then unfair to draw out a small selection of quotes who are quite obviously products of the above process and insinuate an image of ridicule to the Bible.

I would imagine a literature student would be well aware of the influences of time and situation on writers and their works which leaves me puzzled on the motives of you posting this thread.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Why are you asking me questions and wanting me to answer and at the same time you don't want me to reply in this thread.

Apparently after you got bashed yourself, you wanted the thread to be about discussion, but that was not your intention in the first place.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

What's pathetic about it? Go away from this thread if you have nothing to say but tell me how it isn't right. Show me why it's pathetic. Is it pathetic that christians can force reference to you, in the media, on the calendar and on your street? Yet it's pathetic to post a thread to ignite discussion?

Did I ask members to come in and beat the shit out of religion? No. Go out of this thread. And even so, should they want to, can't they? You always have an something to say yet never say anything. That's a real problem.
    take this pill, my treat ;)

OP
    jaecole

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

On defending the Bible and the Christian religion (pay attention, you won't see me do this often): many Christians I've spoken to in this country will verify to you that their religion is based on a set of values (of which the ten commandments [spelling] are only a part) and that the Bible (as valuable as a book it is) was written by human hands despite being the word of God transferred onto paper via prophets. These prophets were, as all writers and people, marked by the era they lived in and upon translating God's word into human languages, they took the liberty of adding advices and theories drawn from their own wisdom. This has created a book consisting of many different books marked by their writers who were marked by their times. It is then unfair to draw out a small selection of quotes who are quite obviously products of the above process and insinuate an image of ridicule to the Bible.

I would imagine a literature student would be well aware of the influences of time and situation on writers and their works which leaves me puzzled on the motives of you posting this thread.
    Yes ofcourse. But that covers at most, 2 out of 5. The rest simply can't be put to miscommunication. Time is relevent, but when talking of the word of god can it really be a excuse?. Human hands of course will error, but on fundamental points it's not so believable.

Though sure yes Jeeks, this is a humour thread. But it's pretty obvious topic will come out of it and starting a thread this way just kicks it off, as you can see.

OP
    jaecole

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #20
    Also. Can anyone name me some religious documents on feature the 'last days'. I've read the doctrine and covenants and it was fascinating. I'm not sure other religious are so damning though :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)