Better Call Saul (23 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Saul went from a lovable character to a pathetic loser who finds solace in fake material shit he considers glamorous.
We've learned that the Saul persona is a self-destructive coping mechanism, sort of an overlay over Jimmy, rather than an actual character transition from Jimmy into Saul. Underneath he hasn't found any solace, he goes to bed as Jimmy and wakes up as Jimmy and is disgusted by the idea of having to put on the Saul mask.

Gene Tacovic is also all Jimmy and the second he gets rejected by Kim on the phone he immediately falls off the wagon and goes back to crime

Kim said they were bad together but together they were the best versions of themselves

*sad flute*

- - - Updated - - -

not in the states
Eps are mostly black and white, they figured americans wouldn't watch it anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Jeese is nothing but cringe :boh:
EY YOOOOOOOOOO MISTUH WHITE YO

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
i just don’t have the time and patience to go through that, just gonna wait for it to come out
Spoken like a first-time gloryhole customer on four-hour erection pills.

We've learned that the Saul persona is a self-destructive coping mechanism, sort of an overlay over Jimmy, rather than an actual character transition from Jimmy into Saul. Underneath he hasn't found any solace, he goes to bed as Jimmy and wakes up as Jimmy and is disgusted by the idea of having to put on the Saul mask.

Gene Tacovic is also all Jimmy and the second he gets rejected by Kim on the phone he immediately falls off the wagon and goes back to crime

Kim said they were bad together but together they were the best versions of themselves

*sad flute*

- - - Updated - - -

Eps are mostly black and white, they figured americans wouldn't watch it anyway

- - - Updated - - -

EY YOOOOOOOOOO MISTUH WHITE YO
Well, the black and white signifies post-BB timelines. It's a reverse of the norm where usually the past is black & white and modern/current times are in color.

That said...
I'm still struggling with the credibility of the whole Kim-Jimmy breakup. Kim breaking bad herself was a bit of a surprise a season ago. But that whole end to their marriage seemed really abrupt and too clean and immediate, unlike the messiness of real life.

Sure, seeing your mentor get his head blown off at random will make you question your life choices. But I still am not buying what the Kim character has been selling since everything turned black & white. Seems forced by the writers and not terribly plausible.

Right now, everyone has to presume the only outcomes in the last episode will be Jimmy in jail or dead. If the writers are still as good as they were for years before the past few episodes, this could be a complete setup to fool us into believing that while delivering an unexpected surprise outcome. I am still hoping for that. Otherwise I won't feel the past few episodes have been worth what they've been building up to.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Am I the only one who liked BCS more than BB?

Sure, BB might have better heights throughout the seasons, especially the last 2-3 episodes of BB was really really good. But overall I think BCS simply outclasses it, especially because of the humor and the fact that Saul is way easier to relate to than Walt.

I never found Walt interesting, Saul on the other hand. Not to forget Kim is way better than Skyler. To make it short, just better storytelling in BCS.

Both series are great, but Saul slightly better imo. Now lets see what the final episode will bring us.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Am I the only one who liked BCS more than BB?

Sure, BB might have better heights throughout the seasons, especially the last 2-3 episodes of BB was really really good. But overall I think BCS simply outclasses it, especially because of the humor and the fact that Saul is way easier to relate to than Walt.

I never found Walt interesting, Saul on the other hand. Not to forget Kim is way better than Skyler. To make it short, just better storytelling in BCS.

Both series are great, but Saul slightly better imo. Now lets see what the final episode will bring us.
No, BCS > BB. The latter started really slow and only got really good after 2-3 seasons. It didn't have its rhythm at first.

BCS roared from the start. The writers knew what they were doing out of the gate after 5 years of BB practice.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I prefer BCS but not sure how much of it is because it has been so long since I watched BB and forgotten how good it was.

I quite liked the slow start and when I think of BB I really liked it but remember being underwhelmed by the ending and....

if they ended it a few seasons earlier at the point where Gus died it would have been even better.

Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I prefer BCS but not sure how much of it is because it has been so long since I watched BB and forgotten how good it was.

I quite liked the slow start and when I think of BB I really liked it but remember being underwhelmed by the ending and....

if they ended it a few seasons earlier at the point where Gus died it would have been even better.
Better Call Saul has better, more well-rounded characters imo.
BB also is a much darker show, but BCS has been pretty dark in the last couple of seasons too.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Hank in BB >>> Hank in BCS

I think BCS is more cerebral and more of a slow burn but on the overall watchability enjoyment scale, I put BB over it. The twists, turns, unpredictable shitshows and storyline overall were much better.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I remember watching BB from the beginning. It was a curious show. But it had lots of long stretches that kind of lulled you into a mild coma. What saved it for me, and what kept me watching it, is the writers were excellent at setting the audience up for a scenario where you thought there was no way out than 1-2 expected outcomes. Then something would totally surprise you in the script and made you go, "WHAAAAAA?"

That was the hook that kept me going at first. Because Walt and the crew as characters took a good two seasons to finally develop.

Which is why it dawned on me that the only real salvageable ending to this past slog of black & white episodes in BCS is going to be something nutter ... like Saul and Kim getting back together. (Which allegedly they did not film scenes for.) Or at least getting back together to drive off a cliff like gangstas, Thelma & Louise style.

Or space aliens come and beam up Saul and Kim back to planet Zolton.

Anything less would kind of be a disappointment, really.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Hank was nothing out of the ordinary. Character wise the only one that impressed me is Walt's progression and Cranston's acting. There's no way around it, that's what made the show.

I didn't even start BCS :snoop:
yeah, people got too used to how good Walt was. The dude carried that show

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I will say this much...

I will anally rape with a baseball bat anybody who calls this show part of the "Breaking Bad Cinematic Universe".

All in the Family may have spun off Maude, Good Times, and The Jeffersons. But that doesn’t make it the Archie Bunker Cinematic Universe. Enough with the childish comic book movie franchise jargon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)