Better Call Saul (25 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Those were really two nice episodes

Why did Gus leak Nacho's location to the Salamancas? Obviously the cartel was gonna try capture Nacho alive to investigate who was behind the attempted assassination of a high ranking cartel member? Salamancas would have found out about Gus.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018
Those were really two nice episodes

Why did Gus leak Nacho's location to the Salamancas? Obviously the cartel was gonna try capture Nacho alive to investigate who was behind the attempted assassination of a high ranking cartel member? Salamancas would have found out about Gus.
he was planning a shootout between both thats why he gave the gun to nacho and told him to shot to anyone that comes close, clearly it was a mistake by a younger Gus which is represented in the glass he broke in that scene with mike

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
he was planning a shootout between both thats why he gave the gun to nacho and told him to shot to anyone that comes close, clearly it was a mistake by a younger Gus which is represented in the glass he broke in that scene with mike
good catch :tup: yea it was a bad plan, just telling nacho 'just shoot whoever comes through that door'

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
That episode 10 was such a letdown of an episode. Seriously, just another episode of just having an episode to calm down the series.
I agree. Added very little to the story and it killed the momentum. Felt like the sort of episode you'd get as a bonus feature on a DVD.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
OK, I really liked episode 10. First of all, Carol Burnett is my all-time favorite female TV comedian. So it's awesome to see her in a role again before she dies.

I think the episode really worked on its own, and not just as transition filler. It showed that even in Omaha, you could not get the thrill of the con out of Saul ... just as happened with Walt when he got in deep.

So no letdown for me.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Latest episode was another let down imo

Completely lost the momentum from episode 9 and the story has just side tracked (future/ back whatever)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Latest episode was another let down imo

Completely lost the momentum from episode 9 and the story has just side tracked (future/ back whatever)
I dug the Michael Nesmith demo of "Tapioca Tundra", but that's Thomas Schnauz being a Monkees fanboy, which I respect.

But the plot of ep 11 took the focus of ep 10 and then shredded it with multiple storylines that added more distraction than cohesion. Two episodes now to set up Gene's Omaha fall, really.

I think that Better Call Saul already finished, this is kind of an “extra”.

I think that Kim will betray Saul and Saul will end in prison.
Nah.

I'm not seeing Kim betrayal at the end. If she did betray him, she probably was the one who informed the cops about his offshore accounts, laser tag, and all... which could be what made Gene flip out at the payphone.

Gene is angling to get caught in an Omaha hustle when his job was to lay low, unable to stay out of the game. Don't know if that kills him or not, but he ain't changing.

One thing I will give credit to the writers for though, and that's making fans regret their wishes. The Guardian covered this pretty well:
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...-saul-walter-white-jesse-pinkman-breaking-bad

Going back to see Jimmy become Saul, and seeing the reappearance of Walt and Jesse, is the kind of crap that movie "universe" fanboys mass-bate over. It's as if the writers are like, "Oh, so you want this nostalgia business? Here, in your face. How you like it now?" Fans of long-running series and movie sequels want the lamest things for irrational reasons. Be careful what you wish for.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Saul went from a lovable character to a pathetic loser who finds solace in fake material shit he considers glamorous.
Brilliant story telling. The more I've watched both BB and BCS the more it hits home that the most interesting and deepest character is Mike and the most self centered pitiful asshole is Walt followed by Saul.
It would be interesting to see Mike back in the day as a police officer and shit that went down before he came to the world of BCS.
Jon Bernthal would make a good young Mike.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)