Best Striker in the World: Roy Makaay? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
This year, Roy Makaay scored 27 goals, that's a full 9 more than his closest competitor in La Liga, Darko Kovacevic, 3 more than Christian Vieri, 6 more than Giovanni Elbe, more than Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Thierry Henry.

He scored three times as many goals as Diego Tristan, who was at one time a top three woorld striker. Makaay dominated the Spanish league, but is he the best stiker in the world?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    fine then, but I think that he is the best Striker in the world. He is very complete, even able to play in midfield, but obviously he is a very lethal finisher and he has a very complete game scoring off of the head, one touches, on the dribble, in and out of the box, he is the best.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Hate to admit it, but I think that Ronaldo is the current best striker .. I thought he'd never return, but he did well in his first year at Real .. scored more than Raul in La Liga and did well in the Champions League whenever he played .. he was only hindered by the continuous injuries ..

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    Hate to admit it, but I think that Ronaldo is the current best striker .. I thought he'd never return, but he did well in his first year at Real .. scored more than Raul in La Liga and did well in the Champions League whenever he played .. he was only hindered by the continuous injuries ..
    He was injured too much to be the topscorer in La Liga even this year? How can he be the best when he has yet to complete full season?

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    fine then, but I think that he is the best Striker in the world. He is very complete, even able to play in midfield, but obviously he is a very lethal finisher and he has a very complete game scoring off of the head, one touches, on the dribble, in and out of the box, he is the best.
    I think hes a great player as well, but i dont think hes the best striker...jmo
    havent got time to elaborate, theres jus a few who imo are better

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    No i don't think so Vieri Has to be the best striker in the world now scoring 24 goals in the hardest league in the world (serie A) despite being injured all the time.

Not i'm saying that Makaay is bad or something as personally i think he is very good but he is more a forward(support striker) rather than a striker.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
    Great player but the best striker? I don't think so. Vieri and Van Nistelroy are better. I also consider Tristan to be better than him, not this season though of course, he wasn't at his best.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Makaay is a great player. Probably not the best, but he's definitely up there with Vieri, Van Nistelrooy and co.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    He was injured too much to be the topscorer in La Liga even this year? How can he be the best when he has yet to complete full season?

When both Ronaldo and Makaay are fit, I think Ronaldo would be the better attacker .. That's my point .. I would also choose Henry or Nistelrooy over Makaay any day of the week ..

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    no doubt he is a good striker. i rate him highly.

but for me, these strikers when in form are better:

vieri, shevchenko, RVN, trezeguet to name a few.......

Note, i didnt mention Del Piero, Raul nor Henry because they are not strikers, they are forwards....(support strikers)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)