Best Striker in the World: Roy Makaay? (1 Viewer)

Eop05

Dec 13, 2002
Makaay, if not the best, one of them. I watch this guy a lot because I'm constantly watching depor games with my friend at the spanish bar.

Although Vieri's run is more impressive because of the 24 goals in 22 games.

Deportivo doesn't finish top 4 this year without Makaay. Not even close. And whoever said Tristan is better is totally mistaken. He doesn't even compare.

Also compared to Van Nistlerroij. I think Makaay is much better too. He's faster and just as good of a finisher. Van Nistlerooij is better in the air and that's it. I've watched many ManU games too. Makaay this year is hands down better.

I think people are blinded by the fact that Henry and Van Nistlerooij play on Arsenal and ManU and therefore get more publicity and attention to Makaay who plays for Depor. Henry slowed down significantly toward the end of the season.

My top 5 striker list THIS SEASON

1. Vieri
2. Makaay
3. Inzaghi
4. Van Nistelrooij
5. Henry

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
personally, i think that saying Makaay is better than Henry, Vieri, Ronaldo, and RVN is like saying that Dario Hubner is better than Mutu, Inzaghi, Del Piero, and C.Lopez. :p

My list for this season:
1. Henry
2. Vieri
3. RVN
4. Inzaghi
5. Ronaldo
6. Kovacevic
7. Raul
8. Del Piero
9. Elber
10. Ian ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
personally, i think that saying Makaay is better than Henry, Vieri, Ronaldo, and RVN is like saying that Dario Hubner is better than Mutu, Inzaghi, Del Piero, and C.Lopez. :p

My list for this season:
1. Henry
2. Vieri

3. RVN
4. Inzaghi
5. Ronaldo
6. Kovacevic
7. Raul
8. Del Piero
9. Elber
10. Ian ;)
The things Juve does for players....
damn we're good

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++
No i don't think so Vieri Has to be the best striker in the world now scoring 24 goals in the hardest league in the world (serie A) despite being injured all the time.

Not i'm saying that Makaay is bad or something as personally i think he is very good but he is more a forward(support striker) rather than a striker.
Couldn't have said it better myself. The stats speak for themselves, 24 goals in 22 games. If he hadn't been injured for the last part of the season, he would have scored even more goals.

In answer to the question....No IMO he is not the best striker in the world. I think Raul is the current best.
Raul is not a striker but a forward. Raul is the best forward in the world not the best striker.

Said all this, Makaay impressed me when he played against us (what a wonderful goal he scored). He said he wanted to change league, and I think Roma are after him.

In my eyes, the best striker-forward duo would be Vieri-Raul. RvN is great too. I used to see him as a poacher like Inzaghi, but watching him play and score this season, I realised how good he is. He shall take Vieri's crown in a year or two.

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

My list for this season:
    1. Henry
    2. Vieri
    3. RVN
    4. Inzaghi
    5. Ronaldo
    6. Kovacevic
    7. Raul
    8. Del Piero
    9. Elber
    10. Ian ;)
    Come on mate, I score 92 goals this seasons! I should win that!

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #34
    Sure mates, laugh it up! I did score 92 goals, on 180 starts, and I scored 31 penalties. I also had 42 assists!

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    Sure mates, laugh it up! I did score 92 goals, on 180 starts, and I scored 31 penalties. I also had 42 assists!
    thats not bad..even against kindergarten kids...:p ;)

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #38
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    not bad for a goalie :D
    Right well, I don't do that too much anymore, too hard on the knees.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    yesturday, i played 2 games and my team won both games 4-2.

out of the 8 goals my team scored, i scored 7 (1 PK) and my natural position is CB (but i played as a striker).

so, at that rate, in 180 games, i'd score 720 goals and i'd be on top of that list :rolleyes:

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)