Best Players of the World Cup (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
mnementh said:
ok, the golden ball is going to Zidane . It's a done deal. Even Paolo Rossi said he deserves it. Even if france loses it doesn't matter, it's his. Nothing we can do about it.

Is there also silver/bronze... canna might get that.
Cannavaro to lift the world cup and to take the golden ball.That is the only thing I accept!:)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
if zidane wins that golden ball, i will be absolutly raging, hes been nothing like to the performance of cannavaro of zambrotta, but surprise me fifa, all u ever do is lick th eass of real madrid players.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
He already won it, I'm telling you... regardless of the final. one of the reasons being he didn't win it in 1998 so fifa will give it to him now.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
team of the tournament

goalkeepers:gigi,lehmann,ricardo

defenders:canna,thuram,zambro,lahm,ayala,miguel,ferdinand,grosso

midfielders:pirlo,gattuso,frings,kaka,ze roberto,zidane,mascherano,maxi rodriguez,figo,viera,riquelme

Forwards:Klose,Podolski,Ronaldo,torres

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
sateeh said:
team of the tournament

goalkeepers:gigi,lehmann,ricardo

defenders:canna,thuram,zambro,lahm,ayala,miguel,ferdinand,grosso

midfielders:pirlo,gattuso,frings,kaka,ze roberto,zidane,mascherano,maxi rodriguez,figo,viera,riquelme

Forwards:Klose,Podolski,Ronaldo,torres
I agree with most of your team or squad with some notable exceptions. I would not even start to think of Ronaldo if thats big ronnie and i thought kaka was poor. I would definitely consider Osorio and Marquez of Mexico, Ballack was good in most of the matches apart from Italy where he was clearly unfit. Cambiasso for that goal alone. Terry was good. Toni gave more than a lot of the strikers and Deco should be there.

May 25, 2006
LONDON (Reuters) - Midway through extra time in the soccer World Cup final Zinedine Zidane rose majestically to head the goal designed to claim the trophy for France.

French footballer Zinedine Zidane stands next to a plaque after the inauguration of a dining hall in a school in Sidi Daoud, some 80 km (50 miles) east of Algiers

Instead the consistently excellent Italian keeper Gianluigi Buffon arched high to tip the ball one-handed over the bar and preserve the 1-1 scoreline.

What subsequently passed through Zidane's mind in the dying moments of a career that had taken him from the backstreets of Marseille to the glamorous European club giants Juventus and Real Madrid?

Confounding the pessimists, he had gradually recaptured the form which propelled France to their 1998 World Cup triumph. But after Buffon's save he must have known his final chance of glory on the game's ultimate stage had all but vanished.

Certainly something snapped 10 minutes before the final whistle at the Berlin Olympic stadium. After a brief altercation the French captain suddenly head-butted Marco Materazzi in the chest and was sent from the field. His demoralised team then succumbed 5-3 in the penalty shootout.

Zidane's abrupt fall from grace mirrored the light and shade of a troubled sporting year.

Italy's path to their fourth World Cup took place against the backdrop of a match-fixing scandal unfolding in the Italian courts.

When the Italian season opened two weeks late, Juventus had been relegated to Serie B for the first time in their history on minus 17 points -- a penalty later reduced to minus nine.

Fiorentina, Lazio and Reggina were permitted to stay in the top division with heavy points penalties while AC Milan were docked eight points but allowed to remain in the Champions League.:shocked2:

Sport.scotsman.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)