best of Radiohead (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Dear Discobamba, stay away from Radiohead. They are not good, not crap but not good either. The lists that will come here after my post will contain songs like: "Creep", "Paranoid android". I can imagine that you are going to like the song Creep at first, if you do listen to it a couple of times and you will realize that the entire song is only built on the refrain, the rest is just crap. Paranoid android is just extremely strange.
This is the bad part of Radiohead, they are a bit odd. That attracts people. People want to be special and Radiohead is different.

Anyhow, I could recommend "Fake plastic trees" and Karma Police"

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    i dont mind being special ;)

i just saw Street Spirit video, nice song, very freaky, but nice video :thumb:

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    i know ;) kinda freaky really, especially the small kid ;)

i also heard this song High and Dry..not bad :thumb:

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    Dear Discobamba, stay away from Radiohead. They are not good, not crap but not good either. The lists that will come here after my post will contain songs like: "Creep", "Paranoid android". I can imagine that you are going to like the song Creep at first, if you do listen to it a couple of times and you will realize that the entire song is only built on the refrain, the rest is just crap. Paranoid android is just extremely strange.
    This is the bad part of Radiohead, they are a bit odd. That attracts people. People want to be special and Radiohead is different.

Anyhow, I could recommend "Fake plastic trees" and Karma Police"
    why are you stuck on that man? get over it. if i listen to radiohead that is because i want to be special. fek off. so if listened to pop music my ideology would be "i want to be just like everyone else"?

yes, they are odd, but i don't see that as a problem. i you don't like that, that's ok, no one is forcing you to love them, but calling others some kind of wannabes just because they like different music is stupid. i remember you like pearl jam. ok, i bought their live cd couple of days ago, and some time ago i bought dave matthews band's live cd as well.. for my untutored ear they sounded very similar, sometimes even identical. so is that what makes them good?

please, explain me.

Sep 28, 2002
    dj, don't listen to him.

dunno about songs though, for me rahiohead is the kind of album band. yes, separate songs are very good but album as piece sounds much better. e.g. take "nice dream" from "the bends". ordinary song. but without it album would be incomplete.

anyway, here's my favs:
    idioteque (very strange song)
    paranoid androin
    just
    exit music
    i might be wrong
    street spirit, karma police
    lucky
    climbing up the walls
    2+2=5
    backdrifts
    a wolf at the door

that's not all just cant remember or exclude somth special
    really, just try down loading albums, might be better. or not, like in zambrotta's case.
    but you are special and different, you should like them. on the other hand you're like this without them. :undecide:

lol, just now i'm looking for tickets to radiohead show in ny on ebay :D

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    yes, they are odd, but i don't see that as a problem. i you don't like that, that's ok, no one is forcing you to love them, but calling others some kind of wannabes just because they like different music is stupid. i remember you like pearl jam. ok, i bought their live cd couple of days ago, and some time ago i bought dave matthews band's live cd as well.. for my untutored ear they sounded very similar, sometimes even identical. so is that what makes them good?

please, explain me.
    I am not calling you a wannabee, it is possible that you really like their music. I know a lot of people who listen to Radiohead mostly or only because they are odd, that is what bothers me.

I can admit that I from the beginning have had something against Radiohead, that might be what makes me not like 'em. But I honestly think there are a lot of better bands.

Are you gonna go all the way to America just to see Radiohead? :undecide:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    radiohead are my fav band, i cant get enough of them!

as for their best...well, its hard.

i love evrything they have done from Ok Computer to their current 'Hail to the thief'.

my suggestions are that you go to sites where you download albums and try to get the full albums. They are worth it...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
    there were bands like greenday, smashing+smtng what happened to them?they were same style like radiohead?right?
    hell no....smashing pumpkins were good, but greenday were not.

and they sound totally different to radiohead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)