Best Midfielders (5 Viewers)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Harte stank up the World Cup for us - he was substituted in every single game, and then missed a penalty against Spain.
Yea, I remember that and honestly I support Spain (Italy is my 1st) :)
But I think he's a very good leftback player, young and very talented ;)

Maybe he does need a move, but I can't see a big team going for him now. Arsenal have Cole, who's as young, and probably a little bit better anyway. Liverpool have Riise, who's one of their best players. Chelsea have Le Saux and Babyaroo, both of whom are very good. Only Man U could do with a left back, as Silvestre is stalling on a contract (he's asking for too much), and he's not great anyway. I suspect they won't go for someone as off-form as Harte though. They look nearly certain to get Escude next summer, and he plays left back, so that is probably that.

I guess Everton could do with a left-back - they're about the biggest team who do. I doubt we'll see Harte in Europe next year. Still, there's always the year after.
What about outside england? I mean in serie A , La Liga or Scotties League for example....He's very talented, he could leave EPL and move to another country. I know he'll need times to play in a new league but I bet he could learn fast cos he's still young too :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
What about outside england? I mean in serie A , La Liga or Scotties League for example....He's very talented, he could leave EPL and move to another country. I know he'll need times to play in a new league but I bet he could learn fast cos he's still young too :)
I don't think Leeds would be eager to sell their 7th international of the season. They're likely to be desperate to hang on to him, so any bid would have to be a very good one.

A move to Scotland would be a very backward one - only Celtic would be good enough (I doubt he'd play for Rangers - he'd get booed on international duty), and I don't think they'd have the money to bid for him.
I honestly can't see any big Serie A side comming in for him. Are any of them desperate for a left (wing-)back? Ditto for big Spanish sides. It would probably be a good move to go to one of those, but unless he was a free transfer, I don't see the interest being generated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)