Best Midfield In Europe (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Barcelona surely warrant a mention as well, Van Bommel has reproduced his PSV form alongside Xavi(who IMO is prolly the most underrated midfielder in Europe and the world), Giuly is class and combines in tandem with the mercurial Ronaldinho on either side of the pitch (right and left respectively) brilliantly. And of course there's still "I-think-I'm-better-than-Zidane" Deco.

Not the most well rounded midfield maybe, but who cares with talent as good as this.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
I would go with Lyon on this one! Just because Juninho, Malouda, Diarra are playing for a french team, they are not getting enough spot light. Had they been playing for Chelsea, Man U, Barca, Real, Juve, or Milan we wouldve seen them headlining every major newspaper.

I think we should also mention Inter. But deffinatly not in the best catagory department. on the contrary they should be mentioned in the most incoherent midfield ever. Up to this day I cannot name their starting midfield. Will it be Pizzaro or Figo or Cambiasso or Veron or Stankovic or Solari or Zanetti blah blah blah...whats up with that???

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    Barcelona surely warrant a mention as well, Van Bommel has reproduced his PSV form alongside Xavi(who IMO is prolly the most underrated midfielder in Europe and the world), Giuly is class and combines in tandem with the mercurial Ronaldinho on either side of the pitch (right and left respectively) brilliantly. And of course there's still "I-think-I'm-better-than-Zidane" Deco.

Not the most well rounded midfield maybe, but who cares with talent as good as this.
    Barcelona has the most creative and exciting midfield in Europe, no doubt. I do not recall a side that posseses so many natural playmakers on one team list, and even have a player like van Bommel who is creative yet solid in all aspects of the game. I was thinking Mark would end his days sitting on the Barca bench, however its good to see him lining up with Xavi and Deco in midfield...I just wish Juventus could have signed the man because he certainly would have helped our cause. Deco continues to surprise me with his tackling ability and the movement and flair of Barcelona is just a joy to watch...no team in this world plays better natural footall.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    RochemBeck said:
    Barcelona has the most creative and exciting midfield in Europe, no doubt. I do not recall a side that posseses so many natural playmakers on one team list, and even have a player like van Bommel who is creative yet solid in all aspects of the game. I was thinking Mark would end his days sitting on the Barca bench, however its good to see him lining up with Xavi and Deco in midfield...I just wish Juventus could have signed the man because he certainly would have helped our cause. Deco continues to surprise me with his tackling ability and the movement and flair of Barcelona is just a joy to watch...no team in this world plays better natural footall.
    And we're still forgetting Lionel Messi. :cool:

saviola10

Nov 14, 2005
    juve have great defensive midfielders but they lack attacking players since nedved isnt the same player he was a while back he cant contribute alot.
    barca have a class midfielders with the likes of deco,xavi,messi,ronnie,van bommel but its to attacking.

overall the best midfield in my eyes is milan becuase they have a great balance with the likes of pirlo,gattuso,kaka,seedorf

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    Overall is Chelsea, the most fluent is Barca..I got to see them demolish Real on tape delay...what a pleasure! Messi really is something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)