Best Midfield In Europe (5 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Many people say Juventus has the best midfield in Europe, but do we? We certainly are blessed with perhaps the strongest central midfield pairing in the game with Emerson and Vieira, however an off form Nedved brings us down a little and our lack of creativity certainly does not help. Lets leave our boys out for a while...

Chelsea might have the most versatile midfield in the game with Makelele in the holding role, Essien doing multiple tasks, and Lampard being the scoring threat and distributor through the middle of the park. They certainly have more options to choose from, however I might question the balance of the side in some situations...it hasn't really hurt them thus far though.

Lyon really can move the ball very quickly through midfield with Juninho in control of the proceedings, and they certainly have an abundance of speed and skill with Govou and Malouda causing problems on the wings. People tend to disregard Lyon because of their underrated players, however Real has already witnessed first hand how the French midfield can absolutely destroy opposition teams.

Milan might have the most creative midfield in the game with Pirlo and Kaka through the middle, however thus far this season I would have to say Lyon has been the more cohesive unit in midfield. Never count out the Milanisti though...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 12, 2004
Well, Chelsea could actually take it because they have the ability to slot different players in different places and be able to be defensive and attacking or be able to be defensive with a counter attack.

So actually maybe Chelski.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    I really do not think Milan has the best midfield in Europe at the moment...they certainly had a case for it last year but thus far this season they have struggled a bit and not looked on the same page. Chelsea's midfield has looked great throughout most of the season thus far and what strikes me about them is even though they are sort of imbalanced they still do not let much past through the center of the pitch...they even have a lot of movement with Lampard and Essien having some freedom to roam.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++
    it's really hard to match these 4 players:

Pirlo Kaka Gatt Seedorf
    Yes I know it's very hard to match those four players, however you also have to take into account how they play together in their respective system and which midfield is in the best form at the moment...the whole purpose of this discussion. Milan's midfield is not really in the best shape at the moment.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

i'd say definetly chelsea, mainly because of the depth. they have 2 class player for every position, something which others don't. that's the main difference. and in modern football depth is maybe even the most important thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)