Best Live Band in the World (5 Viewers)

OP
Boksic

Boksic

May 11, 2005
  • Thread Starter #81
    bigjesus said:
    I saw Oasis live at a festival last summer. I have to say they pretty sucked. They were halfhearted and didn't show any emotions. Boring, boring and boring.
    I don't know why you had so good experiences. Maybe the rock the show at real concert and give a damn about such festivals.
    Oasis dont really bother at festivals, such as glastunbury last yr, you should go and see them in their own concert. The bad thing about festivals is the mix in fans some love the band and some dont even know them, so the atmosphere can be crap

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Zambrotta said:
    Asians are really funny.

They must have some kind of "masspsychose-gene". It could be an iPod, a suicide mission or a miserable rockband - still you'll have hundreds of thousands of asians standing in line for it. :smoke:
    Asians cannot lose to the each other, let alone the world :D

But I can't agree with u regarding the music industry in Japan, there r many bands and many music/singing talents in Japan, so the industry is very competitive.

That rockband is 1 of the maddest in the world, with the vocalist "gaying around" with the members of the band and the bassist "challenging fights" with the other members

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    ZhiXin said:
    But I can't agree with u regarding the music industry in Japan, there r many bands and many music/singing talents in Japan, so the industry is very competitive.
    Yes, but as we can't understand the lyrics and don't know much about the culture we simply don't bother listening. Maybe unfair, but understandable.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    language does play an important part imo.some portugese singer might be good enough to be the greatest musician on the planet,but because he's not doing his music in english,his audience will be limited.listening to great music being played in the background,but being sung in a language that u dont understand doesnt make the song timeless on a personal level.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    axlrose85 said:
    language does play an important part imo.some portugese singer might be good enough to be the greatest musician on the planet,but because he's not doing his music in english,his audience will be limited.listening to great music being played in the background,but being sung in a language that u dont understand doesnt make the song timeless on a personal level.
    Agreed.

Though I must confess to being more of an elitist music snob myself. The festival-sized concerts may expose you to a lot of acts. However, you often need the Hubble Space Telescope to actually see anybody, the sound is complete crap because it is echoing off 247 large structures in the area, and getting in, out, and through a sea of sweaty humanity has never quite been my idea of fun.

I'll take a more obscure artist in a smaller club anyday -- where I can get up close to the stage and actually see the band members' faces, where I can hear better audio quality in a smaller space, and where I can drink a beer in front of them without getting spilled on and stepped on by 37 other people.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Mr. Gol said:
    Yes, but as we can't understand the lyrics and don't know much about the culture we simply don't bother listening. Maybe unfair, but understandable.
    Which is y I went to explore the Japanese music industry myself. And I already expected you to say that. I wouldn't try to force people into enjoying Japanese music, however I can say that it is almost the same as most American + British music.

But this topic is about the best live band in the world, which involves stage design, the performance of each member, and such, singing is just a primary part of the performance so definitely some Japanese bands are included , I'm not trying be biased or promote Japanese music, but I think that those bands deserve to be mentioned too. I even provided the videos for you guys to look at their live performance

axlrose85 said:
    I get your point, and no matter how hard the vocalist try to present the song through his emotions, language barrier also account for the audience.

I bolded ur last sentence as I find it debatable. Sure u may not understand the lyrics, but the way the vocalist sing and the long instrumental solos do leave something to be desired about. A minute long guitar + bass + drum solo is enough to get u working up. For the rest of my points, read my earlier post and you will get my understanding.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    i guess liking a song varies from person to person.i might listen to a song with the most ripping guitar solo ever,the most amazing drum setting,but not being able to understand the vocalist would turn me off.and no offence to any languages,but most of the time languages that i dont understand sound funny to me and id hate to find something funny being spoken over some amazing piece of musicmanship.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Honestly speaking, I prefer rock songs sang in a different language compared to metal vocalist which sings his songs in any language including English.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    ZhiXin said:
    But this topic is about the best live band in the world, which involves stage design, the performance of each member, and such, singing is just a primary part of the performance so definitely some Japanese bands are included , I'm not trying be biased or promote Japanese music, but I think that those bands deserve to be mentioned too. I even provided the videos for you guys to look at their live performance
    Yes, but of you name those bands, which we do not know, we are more likely to disagree. I will check out the videos, couldn't be arsed to do that before :)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Mr. Gol said:
    Yes, but of you name those bands, which we do not know, we are more likely to disagree. I will check out the videos, couldn't be arsed to do that before :)
    That is the reason y the videos r provided. Of course I will back up everything I said since u know that I'm around for 1 year ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)