Best Hip-Hop group you've never heard of... (1 Viewer)

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Shynes album it 3/5. Promising rapper whos still serving time.
To reply to the thread title, Best Hip Hop Group are ATCQ forever.Roc N Roll has the Beatles, Rap-ATCQ. The youth of today are getting the same old rubbish and the streets is a breath of fresh air. To be honest Im not a fan,its not really hip hop but he does rhyme and has his own style.

Its simple If I want to listen to Hip Hop I simply bust out CDs from the early to mid 90s era. ATCQ-Low end Theory-1991, Midinight Marauders 1993. Two of the greatest albums ever, Nas-Illmatic, Black Moon-Enta Da Stage and the list goes on.

Sadly nowadays I aint feeling no one. Kayne has some pretty nice songs but I dont have his LP. The Streets and Dizzie Rascal, Andre you said hes on tour in the Us also go check it out. They're something new because of the London background and voice&lingo that hasnt been shared with the world and is very new. But what if they blow up then the copycats will come along.

Ok one hip hop band that I do strongly advise everyone to listen to, ill post about them later today. They are amazing. trust me. ez

OP
KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #25
    Here are, in my opinion the future leaders of where hip-hop is going, in a positive and creative sense.

The Roots- Need I say more? A true hip-hop band.

Kanye West- Brilliant producer, and damn good lyricist with a flow that most rap veterans would kill for.

Blackalicious- If you haven't heard Gift of Gab rhyme, then you aren't a true hip-hopper.

The Streets- obviously

Talib Kweli- the "other half" of Black Star, but also the better half, IMO

Common- eclectic, smooth, and does his own thing with style. I can respect that.

Dilated Peoples- Someday, this LA based group will hit it big, they deserve to. Hopefully, their track with Kanye "My Life" will propel them to the next level.

Jurassic 5- absolutely amazing group. 4 MC's, 2 DJ's, and some of the best track layering that you'll ever hear.

Not bad for an old fogey at the age of 35, eh??

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
    Here are, in my opinion the future leaders of where hip-hop is going, in a positive and creative sense.

Kanye West- Brilliant producer, and damn good lyricist with a flow that most rap veterans would kill for.

Blackalicious- If you haven't heard Gift of Gab rhyme, then you aren't a true hip-hopper.

The Streets- obviously

Common- eclectic, smooth, and does his own thing with style. I can respect that.

Dilated Peoples- Someday, this LA based group will hit it big, they deserve to. Hopefully, their track with Kanye "My Life" will propel them to the next level.

Jurassic 5- absolutely amazing group. 4 MC's, 2 DJ's, and some of the best track layering that you'll ever hear.

wow. through my heart ;)

: you dont look like you try too hard ;)

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    Should I be taking this as a complement??

You're just so deliciously vague.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++

The Streets- obviously

Kanye West is the man. Number 1 out of that group. His album is amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)