Best Hip-Hop group you've never heard of... (1 Viewer)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
never heard of the streets... surely everyones heard of the streets... havent they?

saw the streets live twice... entertaining show

OP
OP
KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
No they haven't Paul.

Maybe, just Maybe, if he has some skank ho's dancing in his videos and talks about his jewelry and walks around with a pimp-cup, then maybe he'll get some airplay in the States.

Kinda makes you wonder how a Yank like myself discovered them, eh??

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Oh yeah, maybe I should read these sober or thinking about getting glasses..
But then again, The Streets does not fit the header either.

OP
OP
KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, I'm looking at it from an American perspective. Sometimes I forget that this is a global community, so this is basically an invitation to my compatriots out there to check this guy out.

The amazing thing is that I discoverd The Streets while watching a video on a Canadian music channel.

OP
OP
KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
My favorite track on the album is definitely "Dry your Eyes"

The lyrics are some of the most heartfelt words I've heard in a long time, regardless of genre. He describes a situation that just about every guy who's had a relationship has gone through, and did it well.

Even my wife thinks the song doesn't suck. And that's a huge step for someone who thought that "Don't mug yourself" was created by the Devil :D

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
I dont even think that The streets is a Hip Hop band. It sounds more like pop with a british accent!

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
i dont think you can really catorgerise the streets into hip hop.. they are somehow different. Im not a massive fan of hip hop, i find alot of the bands very samey, but the streets for me are diff...

i mean, combining new sounding 'off-beat' rythm, with an english cockney voice and, making a story out of an album?? And best of all, he didnt cock it up:D

so what genre are the streets? who knows? :angel:

i hope skinner sells a makes a couple thousand grand from this record.

Its worth the buy people!!:cool:

dry your eyes is wicked by the way:)

and empty cans is just the best way to finish the album, its soooo orginal too..rewind and pick the different choice.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Josh is right, Outkast is the "shiznit" "yo".

D12 has some "good shite", but I can't wait for Em's new album. It should be "off da hook".

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
D12 blows IMO
and Outkast is awesome, well more like Dre is awesome, i dunno about Big Boi ...
anyone heard Rosa Parks by Outkast ?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vicky ] ++
D12 blows IMO
and Outkast is awesome, well more like Dre is awesome, i dunno about Big Boi ...
anyone heard Rosa Parks by Outkast ?
Yeah. That song is fvcking hilarious! Supposedly they were sued because of that song. :D

OP
OP
KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

Thread has been officially derailed. :D
i refuse to let this thread get de-railed.

Oh Jesus, look at me. The King of de-railing trying to go against my own carniverous instincts :D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)