Best futsal team. (1 Viewer)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
-----------Barthez---------
-----Canna-----Stam-----
---Ronaldinho---Kaka----
-----------Henry-----------

I dont see this team losing any games. As GK you need someone short with excellent reflexes and bravery. Barthez is da man.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
France '98 stars back futsal

Compared to Spain, Italy and Russia, France have tended to be among Europe's minnows in the small-sided game but that could all change after Sunday's RTL-Futsal meeting in at the famous Palais Omnisport de Paris-Bercy.

Stars from the late 1990s, when France was the world's No1 football power, have answered the call to put on a show in front of 15,000 fans with many more at home watching the five-hour televised event. Among the four competing teams is one representing the France '98 association, made up of 1998 FIFA World Cup and UEFA EURO 2000™ winners including Zinédine Zidane, Didier Deschamps, Laurent Blanc and Bixente Lizarazu, several of them playing futsal for the first time.

"I know that this sport is very popular in Italy," Juventus coach Deschamps said. "What we will do will be great for futsal, which deserves more coverage in my country." His team will be up against Paris Saint-Germain FC, whose squad includes some of their current players, and the French national futsal side under Pierre Jacky. "We'll are playing first of all for the show but also to give an idea of how good top-level futsal can be," Jacky said.

The final team in the all-play-all event is the Club des Internationaux Français, an organisation that includes all former French internationals and which will benefit from the afternoon's activities. "Years ago, international players were not paid as we were," said Blanc. "Some of them are now in financial and social difficulites and we must help them."

Henri Emile, France's team manager until 2004, is head of the French Football Federation 'alternative football' coaching section which is behind this event. "As soon I took the reins, I tried to set up an event like RTL-Futsal," the 63-year-old said. "It took us time to find the perfect format and to get into Bercy, a mythical place. I still have strong relationships with the 1998 team. Beyond sporting relationships. They immediately followed me for the RTL-Futsal." Fans did as well. Bercy was sold out a week before the event.

"What we want to do is really get this country used to futsal," Emile added. "To create an impetus which would lead to the creation of a spectacular professional league in France. The grassroots are already there. But difficulties come from professional sides and local councils reluctant to give facilities over to futsal. With their help we can really launch this thing."

uefa.com

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Anyone following the fifa futsal world cup 2008? I was just checking some youtube videos and came across it. I had no idea of it before now. Also suprised that there's no futsal thread here. Doesn't anybody follow futsal?

Anyways, yesterday Spain k/o Italy in the semifinal, with an italian scoring a brutal goal in his own net with less than a second left. What do you guys think of a goal scored with 0.3 seconds left? Well since I would have been supporting italy if I was watching, I am really pissed at the idea of a goal scored with less than a second left. (what's the smallest unit of time in football or futsal? I always thought it was a second. either it's one second left or none).And also with spain winning, they were always the almost guys and I am finding a bit difficult to accept this change of fortunes of them.

Here is a youtube link of the 'last second' goal.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqa-xZWMWKo

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Anyone following the fifa futsal world cup 2008? I was just checking some youtube videos and came across it. I had no idea of it before now. Also suprised that there's no futsal thread here. Doesn't anybody follow futsal?

Anyways, yesterday Spain k/o Italy in the semifinal, with an italian scoring a brutal goal in his own net with less than a second left. What do you guys think of a goal scored with 0.3 seconds left? Well since I would have been supporting italy if I was watching, I am really pissed at the idea of a goal scored with less than a second left. (what's the smallest unit of time in football or futsal? I always thought it was a second. either it's one second left or none).And also with spain winning, they were always the almost guys and I am finding a bit difficult to accept this change of fortunes of them.

Here is a youtube link of the 'last second' goal.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqa-xZWMWKo
I enjoy playing futsal and i love watching it. We play it a lot in Croatia.
I follow the WC (mostly because i enjoy watching Brasil and Spain).

What happened to Italy was tragic, indeed (btw, the smallest time unit in futsal is, just like in basketball, 0.1 sec.) but Spain aren't "an almost" guys in futsal. They are traditionally the best European futsal team. (they won the last two world cups and they won 4 of the last 6 euro cups).
I had the pleasure to watch live a bunch of normal Spanish guys from Andalusia play futsal. The football i saw from them should be called footart.
The Brasilians ( especially Falcao.... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R5E34XzxrAM ) are even better and it's a great joy watching them play futsal.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I enjoyed watching it till Italy got knocked the hell out.BTW the they shouldn't be called "Italians" but "Italiens".Every single player is Brazilian.They even changed their names,example:There's one who's called Folha,which they changed to Foglia to make them sound Italian.Morons.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Falcão is amazing :tup: It's funny, São Paolo signed him thinking that he'll be just as good but realized futsal players don't always make for good regular footy players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)