Best foreigner at the club since 1990 (17 Viewers)

The best foreigner since 1990

• Boksic

• Camoranesi

• Davids

• Deschamps

• Emerson

• Ibrahimovic :D

• Jugovic

• Kohler

• Moeller

• Montero

• Nedved

• Paulo Sousa

• Salas

• Thuram

• Trezeguet

• Tudor

• Zalayeta

• Zidane

• Jarni

• Esnaider

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Nedved wore it instead of Buffon today, when both were on the pitch. If I remember correctly though, a few games ago it was the other way around so it's probably pretty arbitrary.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Dominic said:
Nedved wore it instead of Buffon today, when both were on the pitch. If I remember correctly though, a few games ago it was the other way around so it's probably pretty arbitrary.
TBH I don't think Buffon ever wore Juve's captain armband.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Dominic said:
i think they just give it to who is closer when the original captain goes off! :p

Phillip II

Nov 30, 2006
Talent wise it's Zidane of course. I don't agree that he wasn't as good with us as he was in French NT. Yes, he had the syndrom of under performing against weaker oposition, but i remember many matches when his performances were on par with the performances he has given with France.

This is a tough question, and to give a good answer on it, we must have in mind the time period they spent with us, the titles they won with us, or CL finals or semifinals they played, how instrumental they were in title winnings, and for the midfielder and strikers how often did they score goals.

I think that the most serious candidates for the "prize" are : Nedved, Zidane, Montero, Davids, Trezeguet and Deschamps .

1. Zidane spent 5 seasons with us. He played on 191 matches and scored 28 goals ( according to some statistics he scored 31 goals). During his time, we won two Scudetti, but in his last 3 years we once finished in Intertoto Cup, once we lost the scudetto in last round, and we were second once more.
He has won Toyota Cup, European Super Cup, and Super Coppa Italia. We played 2 times in Champions league final and we lost it both times. Once we made it to CL semifinal where Man Utd eliminated us !
He was concidered our best player while he was in Juve, and we can say he was the leader of our team, especially when Del Piero was injured.

2. Nedved - this is his 6th season with us. He played more than 200 matches and he scored 48 goals so far ( and counting).
He won 4 scudetti ( yes 4 , i don't accept the official 2 scudetti), 2 super coppa Italia, and "played" in one CL final ( he didn't play in the final match, but he was the one who led us there).
He gets many points for staying with us in B, and we can say he was instrumental for our team in these 5 seasons.

3. Deschamps - he was with us for 5 seasons, played around 170 matches and scored 4 goals.
He won 3 scudetti , 1 Champion league, 1 coppa Italia, 2 Super Coppa Italia, 1 Toyota Cup, 1 european super Cup. He lost 2 CL finals and one UEFA Cup final .... impressive !
He was ireplacable in our starting 11.

4. Trezeguet - His 7th season with us. He scored 131 goals so far and is the best foreign striker Juventus ever had.
He won 4 scudetti ( officially only 2 ) , 2 super coppa Italia and played in one CL final . He deserves the epithet " Juve legend" for staying with us in serie B !

5. Montero - played 252 matches for Juve in 8 and a half seasons. He scored 6 goals.
He won 4 scudetti, 1 toyota cup, 1 european super cup , 3 super coppa Italia. He played and lost 3 Champions league finals :( !
Together with Ferrara he formed one of the best CD pairs in the world, but he had an awful last 1 1/2 year in Juventus.

6. Davids - played 178 matches for Juve and scored 9 goals. He was with us for 7 seasons and won 3 scudetti and 3 Super Coppa Italia. He played 2 CL finals but lost them. Like someone allready said, he was as worthy as 3 players. He was ireplacable at the midfield and had a big impact on those 3 scudetti we won during his time.

Hmmm, it makes it impossibile to chose one of them. They all won so much and brought so much joy to the fans.
I voted Zidane, but he was just as good and important as Nedved was.
But it's sure all 6 of them were great !

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
zidane was a superb player but my vote went with nedved he has been a tremendous player for us, a leader on the pitch and at his best the driving force in our team. needless to say his decision to stay with us when we were relegated cemented his legend status in my mind.

i also loved montero though, the man was class. forget his last season when he became a bit of a liability at times, on his day he was solid as a rock

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
Juventus Transfer DECISIONS (Politics) starting for example from Year 95 - Have been Outstanding!!!

Most Players that came were MEN!!! At first place; Great Personalities; Not WUSSIES:)) That distingueshed Juve from other teams; Juves Fighting Spirit was a Role Model for others;

Most Listed players were in fact greatest;

But Its about perceptions now, and hence I perceive Neddy as Best Foreigner:) He is the MAN!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)