Best concert you've been to (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
mine's is undoubtedly radiohead west palm beach show, 10-04-03

great great show

radiohead has been my fav band for 4-5 years now and my hopes were really high for this show. and they exceeded my expectations 10 times. from the first to the last minute. when i'll have more time i'll tell something more.
my sig is dedicated to that show

share your experiences.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
flieeeekke
Sep 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    I'll give you an answer December 4th.

metallica is coming? :)

there are rumours that metallica might actually play in lithuania some time in june. i'll go there as long as they won't play new songs

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    The Best Concert I've been to would probably be Prince in 1987 in Milan.

I was vacationing there for three months, and my cousin was able to get tickets.

This was during Prince's most productive period, 84-87, and it was an amazing 3 1/2 hour show.

The best concerts I've been to this year are:

Metallica
    Limp Bizkit
    Linkin Park
    Deftones (Summer Sanitarium Tour)

Steely Dan, Yes, Steely Dan in August

Dave matthews Band in September.

Going to See Dave Matthews again in December, no band this time, just him and a few guist musicians, such as Trey Anastacio from Phish and Emmylou Harris.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    For me it's....

Incubus! (woah, that's a real shock right ;) )

Metallica

Snoop Dogg, all though the actual concerts only took about 1 hour, cuz he was high when he got on stage, and after he smoked a couple of joints on stage, that show went straight to hell... but great anyway...

(p.s, I can't tell you when I went to these concerts, cuz I was to drunk/high to remember which day it was :embarass: )

OP
    flieeeekke
    Sep 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

Limp Bizkit
    Linkin Park

:rolleyes:

that's sick man

btw, one of my friends went to that summer sanitarium tour and said that fred durst was booed of the stage therefore they played only for 15 mins. funny ha ha

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

:rolleyes:

that's sick man

btw, one of my friends went to that summer sanitarium tour and said that fred durst was booed of the stage therefore they played only for 15 mins. funny ha ha

I went there mainly to see Metallica and Deftones for the most part.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    For me it must be when I saw Travis & Oasis in Toronto (2000). Two of my fav bands together, excellent shit, even though the Oasis concert in Rome (2002) was a better concert.

The Dandy Warhol concert would have been great if the girl in the band (Zia) took her top off. She usually does that in the encore, but during the cocnert I was in, she decided to sing us a song of her in the shower and a little flower tattoo or something like that. My and my mate were front row, just in front of her shouting for her to take her top off. She just smiled, kissed us and winked...bu nothing else...damn teaser !!

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Ozzfest 2001

It was awesome !

Ozzy performed Spellbound, MIB, War Pigs and couple of more black Sabbath songs.....Black Label Society (Zakk Wylde) performed a cover of No More Tears.

Marilyn Manson, Mudvayne and Slipknot were cool too :)

beer all over the place ....... man ! that was an awesome concert !.... Ozzy started splashing water on the audience.

guys started firing up a few joints (although i don't smoke, i caught a few drags). After that i went with my friends and got drunk - and woke up with the biggest hangover the next day.

I'll never forget that day.

On a softer note, the Dave Matthews Band concert earlier this year on June 27th, was pretty nice too.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    pearl jam earlier this year.

chili peppers back in 2000.

i'm seeing radiohead in april..cant wait...finally get to see my fav band!!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I always seem to miss out on Pearl Jam.

The problem is, they have a vendetta against Ticketmaster, so most of the time you have to get the tickets through non-conventional means.

And, despite their falling record sales, they STILL sell out no matter where they go.

BTW, I'm in the minority who feels that TEN was not their best album. I'd take Vs. or Yield anyday.

OP
    flieeeekke
    Sep 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

i'm seeing radiohead in april..cant wait...finally get to see my fav band!!
    lucky bastard
    i was hoping they would continue tour in europe in 2004 bu they are going to japan and australia. i dont have time to go to their show this year. tough luck... oh well, they'll probably rock here some time later

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    I was lucky to hear the world premiere of Kid A ;) Hmm well lucky is not the right word since they're becoming too weird since Kid A. On the other hand the bends and Ok Computer are brilliant.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I still can't figure out what the hell "Hail to the Theif"'s concept is.

It's not a bad album, though.

Favorite song is "Myxamatosis"

OP
    flieeeekke
    Sep 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    I was lucky to hear the world premiere of Kid A ;) Hmm well lucky is not the right word since they're becoming too weird since Kid A. On the other hand the bends and Ok Computer are brilliant.
    those two are trully brilliant. but hail to the thief is somehow more of old radiohead compaing to kid a and amnesiac. fewer digital songs and more of live instruments.

aaaa, anything they do is brilliant. now i'm really into their b-sides.

OP
    flieeeekke
    Sep 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    I still can't figure out what the hell "Hail to the Theif"'s concept is.

It's not a bad album, though.

Favorite song is "Myxamatosis"
    very good i'd say.

what the album is all about. from what i've read the thief in the title is george w. bush. "i will" is about war in afghanistan. sail to the moon is dedicated to thom's son. all this album was inspired by the birth of his child.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)