best band from the 80's (1 Viewer)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

what's wrong with bon jovi? maybe you don't like them but they were one of the most important band in the 80's and they have some great songs to.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
dude they are a boy band with guitars, which is a shame as richey sambora is a excellent guitarist weighed down by poor quality songs and if he was let loose he could be a suoerstar

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

yeah they are a girlies band but they have some good songs. and sambora is a great guitarist, and he already is a superstar. just because you're not their targeted audience don't mean they suck. fact is they are one of the most succesful bands in the 80's and 90's.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
yeah my girlfriennd likes them, she also likes santana,ricky martin and eros so i am pretty gald i am not their target audience

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
leave my bone out of this:D

nah seriously whatever floats your boat,if thats your thing
i got ridiculed for listening to green day for last 13 years and no-one else seems to like the ramones except me and espectro so we will all argue like hell over this

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

well my boats definetly not bon jov, i just think your statement was way of, cuz they had a impact on rock music in the 80's, rock has evolved into numerous genres and styles over the years and pop rock is one of them, you liking it or not. i believe every genre has quality in it, every type of music. my "boat", as you put it, is 60's and 70's rock mainly, i even did my graduation essay on led zeppelin, my fav band ever, along with straits, floyd, purple... but i also like guns, nirvana, green day(though the mid 90's one, not this one) and lots of other stuff/bands.

and yes, i like the ramones, not a big fan, but they have some great song. 2 accords or less it's still good. ;)

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Metallica or Slayer, both had their greatest albums in the 80's (in Metallica's case their only good albums). Death should also be mentioned but Chuck had his finest works done in the 90's. Accept, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest etc. have all been left out on purpose as I nominated only the bands which started their career in the 80's.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
++ [ originally posted by vlatko ] ++
well my boats definetly not bon jov, i just think your statement was way of, cuz they had a impact on rock music in the 80's, rock has evolved into numerous genres and styles over the years and pop rock is one of them, you liking it or not. i believe every genre has quality in it, every type of music. my "boat", as you put it, is 60's and 70's rock mainly, i even did my graduation essay on led zeppelin, my fav band ever, along with straits, floyd, purple... but i also like guns, nirvana, green day(though the mid 90's one, not this one) and lots of other stuff/bands.

and yes, i like the ramones, not a big fan, but they have some great song. 2 accords or less it's still good. ;)
phew i thought i had upset a fan,yes green day were quality with dookie, insomniac(my personal favourite)i just hope they dont go the way of offspring who had a great album in crash but i cant stand them now, i grew up with 60's +70's music through my mum and dad and still love most of it

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

insomniac is a great album, but dookie is an absolute best for me. offspring had a great album in smash, not crash. ;) and yeah afterwards they just sucked.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
++ [ originally posted by vlatko ] ++
insomniac is a great album, but dookie is an absolute best for me. offspring had a great album in smash, not crash . ;) and yeah afterwards they just sucked.
damn shows how long it has been since i listened to it,i got it sitting there but every time i look at it it sickens me when i see what offspring do now,i loved both those green day albums but preffered insomniac with songs like stuck with me and stewart and the avenue though my favourite songs by them are longview,basket case and minority

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

++ [ originally posted by Bozi.78 ] ++

damn shows how long it has been since i listened to it,i got it sitting there but every time i look at it it sickens me when i see what offspring do now,i loved both those green day albums but preffered insomniac with songs like stuck with me and stewart and the avenue though my favourite songs by them are longview,basket case and minority
yeah i know what you mean, it's still a good album. my fav green day song is longview and basket case, from insomniac maybe 86 and brain stew.

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #19
    bon jovi were one of the most definitive bands from the 80's any way you look at it.they pretty much suck ass now,but they were great in the 80's-Early 90's.so i dont really agree with the notion that they are a crappy band.
    the were easily the biggest band out of the whole glam rock scene along with def leppard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)