Benelux Thread (If you speak Dutch, if you speak French get out. Sorry, Luxemburg.) (2 Viewers)

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #172
    Ach, laat ze maar praten Ze, als jij een lul in je kont wilt, dan doe je dat toch gewoon!

Anyone care for a translation? :D

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #173
    How do they put up with you? :D

And what are 5? Talking about me in a different language :disagree:
    Obviously I don't talk to them the way I do on this forum. But generally I find them very rational. They are not anything like DelPieroForLife. They won't start a discussion, because they say it's not a rational thing. And that I do agree with.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Damn, written Dutch is pretty damn similar to Swedish.

Obviously I don't talk to them the way I do on this forum. But generally I find them very rational. They are not anything like DelPieroForLife. They won't start a discussion, because they say it's not a rational thing. And that I do agree with.
    Perhaps you should adopt the same attitude online.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #175
    Damn, written Dutch is pretty damn similar to Swedish.

Perhaps you should adopt the same attitude online.
    The problem is that most muslims on here aren't rational about it at all. Like I said, DelPieroForLife claimed he could prove something, then couldn't prove it and then proceeded to some name calling. And yes, I will react to that.

As for all the religion threads: one of the problems of religion is that people who believe think they hold all moral truth. And they have no evidence that they do. So Martin and I think that's rather arrogant.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    The problem is that most muslims on here aren't rational about it at all. Like I said, DelPieroForLife claimed he could prove something, then couldn't prove it and then proceeded to some name calling. And yes, I will react to that.

As for all the religion threads: one of the problems of religion is that people who believe think they hold all moral truth. And they have no evidence that they do. So Martin and I think that's rather arrogant.
    Seven, don't you think that even I realize all these things? I know some of the most cookoo people can be followers of religion. Do you think I like being told by a random bloke that if I don't accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour that I'm going to hell? Absolutely not. I just don't bunch everyone together. I certainly don't think all Christians are like that, I certainly don't think all Buddhists are the same, I certainly don't think all Atheists are the same. My point is that just because DelPieroForLife got under your skin with a personal attack, it doesn't give you the license to call Prophet Muhammad a "cock sucker" because that just upsets others who did absolutely nothing to you.

And I have my issues with Christianity and other sects of Islam which I would love to discuss in a civilized manner. For instance, I just saw Religulous yesterday and he brought up points on Christianity that I've known for a long time and I actually bring up these points when I have these types of discussions with people.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #179
    Seven, don't you think that even I realize all these things? I know some of the most cookoo people can be followers of religion. Do you think I like being told by a random bloke that if I don't accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour that I'm going to hell? Absolutely not. I just don't bunch everyone together. I certainly don't think all Christians are like that, I certainly don't think all Buddhists are the same, I certainly don't think all Atheists are the same. My point is that just because DelPieroForLife got under your skin with a personal attack, it doesn't give you the license to call Prophet Muhammad a "cock sucker" because that just upsets others who did absolutely nothing to you.

And I have my issues with Christianity and other sects of Islam which I would love to discuss in a civilized manner. For instance, I just saw Religulous yesterday and he brought up points on Christianity that I've known for a long time and I actually bring up these points when I have these types of discussions with people.
    The point is not that I think Muhammad is a cock sucker. I also don't think it's funny to call him a cock sucker. But my point is that you can't say people cannot make jokes of certain aspects of religion. It would be different in every situation, it would be different according to the people you're with. So you can't really hold that as a general rule. Furthermore making fun of things is what keeps it all safe. The minute one isn't able to joke about something, that something has gained a lot of power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)