Benelux Thread (If you speak Dutch, if you speak French get out. Sorry, Luxemburg.) (4 Viewers)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Eℓvin;2011579 said:
Amsterdam airport.
Ah but then you heard Amsterdams, most likely. "Dutch" is a very decentralised language with loads of accents and dialects. Finding it nice or not is subjective, but the least one can say is that it's a rich language.

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #127
    Ah but then you heard Amsterdams, most likely. "Dutch" is a very decentralised language with loads of accents and dialects. Finding it nice or not is subjective, but the least one can say is that it's a rich language.
    There is an insane amount of dialects. I live in Antwerp and when I drive 20k, people will be able to tell I don't speak the same dialect. In the most extreme cases I don't even understand all the silly words other dialects use.

Zoals een zjat koffie.. of hoe ge dat ook schrijft.

JuvePower

Jan 2, 2006
    There is an insane amount of dialects. I live in Antwerp and when I drive 20k, people will be able to tell I don't speak the same dialect. In the most extreme cases I don't even understand all the silly words other dialects use.

zjat kafé zegge ze in deze streke :D

Jun 26, 2007

In my province (Limburg) it's even more insane. Even between neighbouring villages there is a significant difference between their vocabulary and pronunciation.

zjat kafé zegge ze in deze streke :D
    Bij ons een djats caffe. :D

Jun 26, 2007
    Voor de mensen die de humor in details kunnen appreciëren, breng ik u dit absurd meesterwerk uit eigen streek: :D

Let vooral op de retoriek en lichaamstaal van die 2 bompa's die komen reclameren. :D

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #133
    In my province (Limburg) it's even more insane. Even between neighbouring villages there is a significant difference between their vocabulary and pronunciation.

Bij ons een djats caffe. :D
    Een djats? Da klinkt gelijk iets dat ik ni moet hebben.

Spreken mensen in Vlaams-Brabant over het algemeen niet vrij fatsoenlijk? Meisjes die van Vlaams-Brabant komen hebben altijd een geil accent vind ik persoonlijk :D.

daquanqm

Apr 3, 2009
    Eℓvin;2011501 said:
    Dutch is an ugly language. No offence, just sounds awful to me.
    One of the great paradoxes of the human intellect. Here we have one of the most peaceful and tolerant people on Earth (the Dutch) and they are forced to communicate their ideals through a language that is among the most brutal and ugly of all tongues.

Poetic, one might argue.

Jun 26, 2007
    Een djats? Da klinkt gelijk iets dat ik ni moet hebben.

Spreken mensen in Vlaams-Brabant over het algemeen niet vrij fatsoenlijk? Meisjes die van Vlaams-Brabant komen hebben altijd een geil accent vind ik persoonlijk :D.
    Goh ja, ik vind da Brabants het meest neutraal klinkt (het meest op AN lijkt), dus ik hoor het ook het liefst. Maar eigenlijk maakt het mij nie zoveel uit, zolang het maar nie overdreven klinkt.

Overigens valt het mij als Limburger zijnde vaak op da sommige mensen extreem Limburgs klinken. Hoe erg moet da dan wel nie klinken voor niet-Limburgers. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)