Benedikt Höwedes (11 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's said that Hoewedes won't go back to Schalke. But because he hasn't made 25 appearences for us, we don't have to pay the 13m which were dealt. So we can (or have to) deal a new transfer fee. They say, Juve's ready to pay 4m.

To be continued.

German sources:

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/fussball/schalke/schalke-hoewedes-will-nicht-zurueck-55510834,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

https://www.transfermarkt.de/-bdquo-bild-ldquo-howedes-nicht-zuruck-zu-schalke-ndash-ablose-muss-neu-verhandelt-werden/view/news/306364

Hoewedes stays :tuttosport:
@lgorTudor @DAiDEViL
lets see, Caldara, Benatia, Chiellini, Rugani as CBs, De Sciglio, Spinazzola and probably AS as fullbacks (gonna buy another RB i guess). do we really need him? would make more sense to get someone cheaper to be a 5th CB/fullback, wage wise i mean

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
lets see, Caldara, Benatia, Chiellini, Rugani as CBs, De Sciglio, Spinazzola and probably AS as fullbacks (gonna buy another RB i guess). do we really need him? would make more sense to get someone cheaper to be a 5th CB/fullback, wage wise i mean
i guess everybody considers alex sandro gone.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
He is better than De sciglio.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i guess everybody considers alex sandro gone.
then we willget another LB in addition to Spinazzola, but the point remains. id rather him than Barza for that role to be clear, but how much will his wages be is important, and i doubt they let him go for 4M anyway

- - - Updated - - -

He is better than De sciglio.
as a fullback? dont think so

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juve likes eclectic players so I think we will keep him. He can play CB or RB so doesn't it make sense?

Also, depends if we go for Darmian.

- - - Updated - - -

He is better defensively but I think MDS offers more going forward.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Juve likes eclectic players so I think we will keep him. He can play CB or RB so doesn't it make sense?

it makes sense if hes cheap, so ill wait and see what we pay and what hes gonna earn

yes, i like my fullbacks playing both sides of the ball. no more "Barzaglis" please

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
then we willget another LB in addition to Spinazzola, but the point remains. id rather him than Barza for that role to be clear, but how much will his wages be is important, and i doubt they let him go for 4M anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. He has played fullback.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

MDS hasnt offered anything offensively.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If sandro goes, pay those 4 Ms ffs.

We will need quantity in that defense, assuming sandro, asa, Barza and licht are goners.... and for 4M , is worth seeing if he can pull a benatia and stay healthy next seaosn which we will need him the most.

Keep him, and bring Caldara, Spinazzola and Damian.

Spinazzola, Damian, Chiello, Benatia, Rugani, Caldara, Howie D and Dsiglio.

Lets full that shid with averages and use our bulk of money fixing the midfield. Maybe if we built a supreme world class midfield....the pressure on the defense will not be felt that much and they will deliver.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yes. He has played fullback.

- - - Updated - - -

MDS hasnt offered anything offensively.
i know that he played fullback before, but im asking is he better as a fullback than MDS? he has limited technique, has a good cross to him tho. but hes also another "backpass brother of Asamoah". good to have as depth option, but not a must imo

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
i know that he played fullback before, but im asking is he better as a fullback than MDS? he has limited technique, has a good cross to him tho. but hes also another "backpass brother of Asamoah". good to have as depth option, but not a must imo
What does MDS do other than crossing to row Z and be low profile?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If our midfield is strong as hell, and our wingers do their jop, maybe we will just need a RB that can keep his shid together and back up the guys in front of him. It can work.

Right now, it doesnt work because we are too dependand on creating from the back and our players are not fit for that. We need our midfield and winger to carry the bulk of the attack...having a fullback like alves is a plus but if we move our cards right will not even be needed.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Don't exaggerate
im not, rewatch the Napoli game and tell me a non panic move from Howedes when we were pressured

- - - Updated - - -

I was surprised to see how comfortable MDS is with the ball. Quite good with this feet.
he wasnt on Reals radar for nothing when he was just starting with Milan. just needs to stay healthy and regain his confidence, hes a very good player then

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
he wasnt on Reals radar for nothing when he was just starting with Milan. just needs to stay healthy and regain his confidence, hes a very good player then
His confidence is fine IMO...but he will only get better if he can stay injury free.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If our midfield is strong as hell, and our wingers do their jop, maybe we will just need a RB that can keep his shid together and back up the guys in front of him. It can work.

Right now, it doesnt work because we are too dependand on creating from the back and our players are not fit for that. We need our midfield and winger to carry the bulk of the attack...having a fullback like alves is a plus but if we move our cards right will not even be needed.
we always create from the back, since Conte days. it can work if the guy isnt a liabilty with the ball, which even Barzagli who Howie should replace wasnt. hes a fine CB, but thats where he should play if he stays. dont want to play a top team and being unable to break their press, so please no players with limited technique anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)