Benedikt Höwedes (8 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, if the fitness problems are behind him I would really like him to stay. You can easily see he is a classy player and also his versatility is something that must be taken into account. Could be the new Barzagli if u mean the CB as RB option.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah only if our already questionable fitness staff give him the green light.

Despite being broken for a season I'd still trust him to consistently play RB over a heavily regressing Licht (Who somehow learned to cross recently) and MDS.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah only if our already questionable fitness staff give him the green light.

Despite being broken for a season I'd still trust him to consistently play RB over a heavily regressing Licht (Who somehow learned to cross recently) and MDS.
Same here. Versatile, classy and rock solid player who can easily slot in at RB and CB. I reckon we should try to see if we can get another loan + option to buy deal going with Schalke again.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
We have 5 centre backs and two full backs that can play on the right going into next season. Howedes is pointless. He lost a whole season injured, we don't need more of that.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We have 5 centre backs and two full backs that can play on the right going into next season. Howedes is pointless. He lost a whole season injured, we don't need more of that.
Non of them being as good as a fit Höwedes. He had a season to forget, but at least we should try to extend the loan and see if he can stay fit.

Khedira has been mocked for being made of glass too, but now is probably among the players with most minutes played over the last few years. Won't hurt to keep him and see how things go, especially since Barza and Chiello won't be here forever.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Both are much better than him as a fullback. Howedes offers too little going forward as a right back. He is a replacement for a Barzagli type of fullback which is a stretch. Plus the fact that we still have Barzagli. If Barzagli wasn't renewing it would be an ok move but that's not the case. Playing a centerback there gives us solidity we already have and takes away most of the threat of a wide player. Given that Barzagli hasn't retired and we have 6 other players in the positions Howedes plays, its unnecessary.

Our money is much better spent elsewhere.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Non of them being as good as a fit Höwedes. He had a season to forget, but at least we should try to extend the loan and see if he can stay fit.

Khedira has been mocked for being made of glass too, but now is probably among the players with most minutes played over the last few years. Won't hurt to keep him and see how things go, especially since Barza and Chiello won't be here forever.
I'm not sure Allegri agrees, from Max comments it seemed that Ben got to play because DS is injured and Licht tired. And Licht is a guy that's leaving for free in 3 months because he's not good enough anymore, I don't think Howedes has a future as RB starter at Juve. More likely as a CB backup and RB emergency if we're building for 3 at the back or Rugani or Barza are leaving.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Yeah but De Sciglio is shit. I think the only thing about Allegri I don't get is his crush on De Sciglio.
he'd be a good backup without getting injured 4-5 times per season. combo of Howedes and DS would be a horrible RB pairing, we'd need 2 more RBs to cover them when they're injured half the season.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
the club still offered him a new contract. as a squad player, he's fine for an other year. he'll still boss the destro's of the league.
Hes missed only 245 out of possible 900 minutes this season in the CL, only once he played RB in those games. Rugani has just 110 minutes for comparison. Hes gonna finish the season with ~2500 minutes and close to 40 games played most likely. Yeah, you can say hed be a nice squad player wholl get an odd game here and there when we rest our starters, but we all know he wont be that. He was supposed to be it last 2 seasons, look how that turned out.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
barza's chance was that dani alves left and ds+höwedes were always injured, plus licht was excluded of the cl squad for the first half of the season. we were quite unlucky (again...) with the injuries this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)