Benedikt Höwedes (9 Viewers)

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Probably no space for Howedes unless we make a sale. Hopefully we don't sell Rugani.
that's what worries me.
Without Barzagli retiring probably Rugain will ask to leave to a place where he is given more playing time...
Because with Benatia fit he is ahead of Rugani. And he isn't play at all.
But then again Barzagli is 36yrs old, Chiellini 33yrs old, Benatia almost 31years old.
The only young deferender we have is Rugani.
Even if we bring Caldara we'll have just two guys in their twenties.

Right now my cb line up would be Benatia-Chiellini-Caldara-Rugani.

No more than 4cbs.
So we can give a chance to the younger generation
If we always over fill the spots when will they ever have a chance to play? Just coppa Italia? that's it?

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
that's what worries me.
Without Barzagli retiring probably Rugain will ask to leave to a place where he is given more playing time...
Because with Benatia fit he is ahead of Rugani. And he isn't play at all.
But then again Barzagli is 36yrs old, Chiellini 33yrs old, Benatia almost 31years old.
The only young deferender we have is Rugani.
Even if we bring Caldara we'll have just two guys in their twenties.

Right now my cb line up would be Benatia-Chiellini-Caldara-Rugani.

No more than 4cbs.
So we can give a chance to the younger generation
If we always over fill the spots when will they ever have a chance to play? Just coppa Italia? that's it?
I think those 4 guys plus Barzagli emergency final spot is good

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
That reminds of Ferrara when he was supposed to be emergency backup in his final seasons. As I remember it he didn't play at all, our defence leaked on par with a Mihajlovic team, and then "emergency Ferrara" was called upon and he just owned everything that year. It was beautiful.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Tbh, if he plays less than 10 games this season, which seems likely at this point, we should either extend the loan or send him back. I don't see a point in wasting money on a terminally injured bench option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)