Benedikt Höwedes (8 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
His goodbye message:
I leave as a Player
But i remain as Fan.

Four weeks ago, if someone would have asked me if i was gonna leave this transfer period, I would have declared him to be crazy. Since today it is reality, and to be honest - I'm still a bit speechless.

Over the last years i could have joined other clubs. Each time, I decided to stay with my youth club and categorically excluded a transfer within the Bundesliga, with conviction. FC Schalke 04 was more than just a stop for me. Since 2001, the club has been an essential part of my life that I have unconditionally trusted, as a fan, a youth player and as a professional.

In recent weeks, this trust has been put to test several times. Being Captain is only a part of it. Travelers can be stopped, if you really want them to, but I am firmly convinced that the current solution helps us all: It helps the club to avoid discussion about my person week in week out, and it helps Myself to start a new, unstressed chapter in my life.

My biggest wish is that FC Schalke 04 will play a successful season and will be back in europe next season. If i find the time, I will be at the stadium as a fan and keep my fingers crossed for my old team mates. Just as i did against Mainz, just as every coworker, acquaintances and the club environment deserves it.

I leave as a player, but I remain as Fan.

once Schalker, always Schalker!
Top comment with 3000+ likes:
I'm speechless, just speechless. You don't deserve to go like that! You have given your all for our club and fought for it til death! Thank you for everything! No matter what happens, you will always be one of us! Good luck in Turin! Stay strong Bene!!!
:heart: @Bianconero_Aus

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Benedikt Höwedes made more interceptions (119) than any other defender in Europe's top 5 leagues last season.

Well, thats nice to read.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
This signing, like the Matuidi one, is getting Juventus plenty of kudos all over social media from fans of other clubs and various football journalists.
yeah, obviously a great signing. the start of the summer was a disaster with bringing in MDS, Costa, Sczcesny and Alves, Bonucci departing, at that point I was sure that even Allegri cannot fix this. but Beppe clearly stepped it up bringing Berna, Matuidi and Howedes while selling Lemina and Rincon for good fees, feel much calmer now. If only the first part of the summer never happened :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)