Believe it or not! (3 Viewers)

OP
AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
  • Thread Starter #24
    WΏΏdy;3256239 said:
    Like swag said,the homo sapien finds a big huge dinosaur jaw fossil and the talk spreads with added information to make it look more attractive.

All that fire breathing crap is bull imo.
    There ya go good answer. Ok now here is this. There are many animals with control of electrical currents why not a reptile that can project it?

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Dragons? Bigfoot? Chupacabra? I put them all in the same bucket. The human imagination is great at filling voids with fantasy.
    In the case of dragons, thats veeeeeeeery true. The legend started out because in ancient times, people found the remains/fossils of huge creatures they couldnt phantom could have existed or which they havent seen in life, not just dinosaurs (but mainly them), but huge crocodiles, whales etc. And the legend formed from there, or added to it. Added glorified fantasy of putting together different aspects/parts of different fearsome animals, and voila, you have the legend of dragons that was common in every ancient culture of the world.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Is my premise or belief that far out to you guys. Do you guys not believe in anything outside our knowledge or understanding
    Yes and no. I believe there's plenty outside of our knowledge and understanding. Hell, I strongly believe in a lot of the principles Ray Kurzweil proposed as "the singularity". But then filling that void with made-up stuff with no supporting evidence is a whole other ball of wax.

Yes, you can tell me that we don't know if other intelligent life exists in the universe. But don't tell me that they all look like E.T.

OP
    AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
  • Thread Starter #28
    Yes and no. I believe there's plenty outside of our knowledge and understanding. Hell, I strongly believe in a lot of the principles Ray Kurzweil proposed as "the singularity". But then filling that void with made-up stuff with no supporting evidence is a whole other ball of wax.

Yes, you can tell me that we don't know if other intelligent life exists in the universe. But don't tell me that they all look like E.T.
    Respectful answer. At least your open to it

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    There ya go good answer. Ok now here is this. There are many animals with control of electrical currents why not a reptile that can project it?
    I won't say you are ridiculous to believe in that idea but i cannot believe the entire image of a dragon that we project. There is definitely a possibility of fire producing life forms but not as huge. Also something as huge as a "dragon" would struggle to fly.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I believe that concepts, brought about through labeling objects, such as a tree or a desk don't really exist. For example, two trees are not the same object, but individuals, so labeling them both as "trees" does not make sense.

OP
    AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
  • Thread Starter #38
    WΏΏdy;3256282 said:
    I cannot be bothered to edit the birds...but how much do you think he weighs? and if you are a dragon you are supposed to be much much bigger than that

Well yes but once again. It doesn't have to be the idealized version

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)