Belgium bombings 22-Mar-2016 (2 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Getting financial and military support from the US during the cold war gave it a boost without a doubt but it did not invent these idea. Sayyid Qotb was one of the heads of the Muslim Brotherhood during the 50s (before the US support) and the brotherhood itself has been around for over 80 years now so again before the cold war. Wahhabism as the guy in the video rightly notes was from the previous decade and is very healthy in Saudi Arabia today.

Usually fundamentalism becomes popular in time of great peril. It happened before around the end of the Abbasid empire when Gengis Khan's mongols were destroying the muslim empire. Thats the environment Ibn Taymiya wrote in and he advocated a return to fundamentalism and his writings inspired Qotb centuries later and is still inspiring Jihadis to this day.

There will always be a popular return to fundamentalism which is really taking the example of the prophet from the Sunna (hadiths and Biographies). When things turn sour people think its God's punishment or they are weak because they strayed from the path god ordained. They then try to go back to that righteous path and fall onto the lap of the old texts. Any reform of Islam will be temporary. As soon as big trouble strikes a return to fundamentalism will become popular again. The only point of no return is to leave Islam altogether. Thats the only semi-permanent solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Internal Jihad and external Jihad are both in the Sunni tradition and have firm footing in the core sunni texts.. Internal Jihad is to work on disciplining oneself while external Jihad is .. external Jihad.
Groups like ISIS, Boko Haram, al-Shabab, etc. are all extreme "Salafi J!hadis" (i.e. people who are similar to the original Wahhabi movement) and in no way or form Sunnis.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Why arent they sunni
well My English ain't good enough to i can make a valid point about this but sunni belief never teached to their followers to make terror and violence. groups are coward hiding inside ordinary population.While I also believe that these group do not represent actual Sunni population and sunni principles but lack of education poverty and politics have influenced all these hateful bunch terror organisations fueled by petroleum dollar from arabic countries(they are a fucking puppet)I was born sunni(we have original islam) and Im proud of who I am. Nothing can change me and my belief. Its my belief that what I believe is superior than anyone else' s belief.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Groups like ISIS, Boko Haram, al-Shabab, etc. are all extreme "Salafi J!hadis" (i.e. people who are similar to the original Wahhabi movement) and in no way or form Sunnis.
Wahhabism is a reformation within Sunni Islam they are Sunnis. It is a return to how the earliest muslims practiced Islam based on the Sunna (prophetic tradition).
How on earth are wahabis not sunnis

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Wahhabism is a reformation within Sunni Islam they are Sunnis. It is a return to how the earliest muslims practiced Islam based on the Sunna (prophetic tradition).
i can barely call them sunnis anymore, they're more like wahabies who kill other people, they're brainwashed beyond measure, i don't even understand the mentality of the blind hatred towards them

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Have you ever met or heard a person calling himself a Wahabi?

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
they call themselves muslim who follow quran and prophet but their act show they are different with other sunnis And the difference between them now is night and day

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
they call themselves muslim who follow quran and prophet but their act show they are different with other sunnis And the difference between them now is night and day
Bro, you only label them just like many other Muslims or non-Muslims while you should know calling someone a Wahabi is totally wrong. It's just a propaganda to divide Muslims, especially Sunnis. The right word to use is extremists just like KKK.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
@Seven

When Trump said places like Brussels are dark, strange places now compared to 20 years ago, is that true? And if so, why?

- - - Updated - - -

Is Islam at fault? Maybe. The key suspect in Paris attacks was allegedly a homosexual who used to be a drug dealer (neither is a typical muslim who takes his religion seriously) but religion in general and Islam in particular is something a screwed up person can identify with and be easily brainwashed by its violent interpretation (and Islam, similar to other religions, has lots of room for such interpretations).
That's not exactly hard to believe. It's similar to the Republicans who preach against gay marriage yet have homosexual flings in airport bathroom stalls. They probably go to church every Sunday and preach the Bible despite their homosexual tendancies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
@Seven

When Trump said places like Brussels are dark, strange places now compared to 20 years ago, is that true? And if so, why?

- - - Updated - - -

That's not exactly hard to believe. It's similar to the Republicans who preach against gay marriage yet have homosexual flings in airport bathroom stalls. They probably go to church every Sunday and preach the Bible despite their homosexual tendancies.
i'd agree.

The previous major, Freddy Thielemans when he came to power quickly realised the huge voting group the newly immigrated would be. So he basically left them alone entirely, completely neglected proper patrolling, completely neglected proper integration, completely left them be, and generally abstained from taking any decision that was necessary, but would make him lose votes.

I've worked at a security patrolling firm (securitas) between 2006 and 2009 before i went back to stury, so i have some clear views of the situation in person. Molenbeek was simply avoided by police. Absolutely no measures were taken against the lawlessness that was creeping in, and patrols remained thin of were simply not performed. If you wanted to get a cop in there, you'd bring 100 or they'd get molested, and if you brought 100 you'd get a riot because "there are cops in our neighbourhood wich is ours".
When we got an intervention request (alarm that went off at a client not part of my patroll list), you dont exit the car and check it out. Its molenbeek. You drive to the door, and stop if nobody is in that street. You look at it from the car, and call it clear or call police, who will not arrive untill 2 houres later.

Thats how it was, in 2006-2009.

Mechelen had a simular problem brewing 15 years ago. The city council issued streetworkers and made comittee's whom talked with the influental Iman's on how to improve, and put massive amount of patrols on the street. As of today, you cannot walk 3 streets after 20h without seeing a cop, but the place is completely fine, there are ALOT of racial mixes here, but they are decently integrated into the community and you'd have 0 issues apart from young moroccans acting tough and asking if you have a problem, but thats not really a threat, more of a nuisance.

- - - Updated - - -

A nice example about major THielemans (brussels)

in 2010, police was shot with AK-47's by a few people

He called it "un fait divers", and "not abnormal in a capital city.

One of the guys who blew himself up on tuesday, was one of the shooters in 2010.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i'd agree.

The previous major, Freddy Thielemans when he came to power quickly realised the huge voting group the newly immigrated would be. So he basically left them alone entirely, completely neglected proper patrolling, completely neglected proper integration, completely left them be, and generally abstained from taking any decision that was necessary, but would make him lose votes.

I've worked at a security patrolling firm (securitas) between 2006 and 2009 before i went back to stury, so i have some clear views of the situation in person. Molenbeek was simply avoided by police. Absolutely no measures were taken against the lawlessness that was creeping in, and patrols remained thin of were simply not performed. If you wanted to get a cop in there, you'd bring 100 or they'd get molested, and if you brought 100 you'd get a riot because "there are cops in our neighbourhood wich is ours".
When we got an intervention request (alarm that went off at a client not part of my patroll list), you dont exit the car and check it out. Its molenbeek. You drive to the door, and stop if nobody is in that street. You look at it from the car, and call it clear or call police, who will not arrive untill 2 houres later.

Thats how it was, in 2006-2009.

Mechelen had a simular problem brewing 15 years ago. The city council issued streetworkers and made comittee's whom talked with the influental Iman's on how to improve, and put massive amount of patrols on the street. As of today, you cannot walk 3 streets after 20h without seeing a cop, but the place is completely fine, there are ALOT of racial mixes here, but they are decently integrated into the community and you'd have 0 issues apart from young moroccans acting tough and asking if you have a problem, but thats not really a threat, more of a nuisance.

- - - Updated - - -

A nice example about major THielemans (brussels)

in 2010, police was shot with AK-47's by a few people

He called it "un fait divers", and "not abnormal in a capital city.

One of the guys who blew himself up on tuesday, was one of the shooters in 2010.
That is interesting, thanks. So in other words, they basically let the immigrants do their thing in exchange for votes. That's similar to what many here believe the Democrats are pulling with the border and illegal immigration.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That is interesting, thanks. So in other words, they basically let the immigrants do their thing in exchange for votes. That's similar to what many here believe the Democrats are pulling with the border and illegal immigration.
Brussels is a bit more dangerous than it was. But it was never that safe. On the other hand I'd say Baltimore or Detroit on another level. But yeah, Brussels was definitely not ruled well..

- - - Updated - - -

Also, underground mosques are a problem not just in Brussels. You have them in Antwerp too. It's easy to focus on Brussels and blame their local politicians for everything, but Antwerp has similar issues. And the bigger the city, the bigger the problem.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
yeah but normally people use salafi or sunni. But I did run into people who identify as wahabbi and they are sunni

- - - Updated - - -

How long does it take for a migrant to get citizenship? Isnt it like 5 years in the US and 7 in Europe? Can non-citizens vote?

- - - Updated - - -

i can barely call them sunnis anymore, they're more like wahabies who kill other people, they're brainwashed beyond measure, i don't even understand the mentality of the blind hatred towards them
Each group think they are the True muslims and everyone else is not. Read their academic work and you'll see how their version of Islam is based in the Sunna.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Brussels is a bit more dangerous than it was. But it was never that safe. On the other hand I'd say Baltimore or Detroit on another level. But yeah, Brussels was definitely not ruled well..

- - - Updated - - -

Also, underground mosques are a problem not just in Brussels. You have them in Antwerp too. It's easy to focus on Brussels and blame their local politicians for everything, but Antwerp has similar issues. And the bigger the city, the bigger the problem.
i've worked in Schaarbeeck, often having to visit molenbeek/anderlecht on interventions

i've lived 3 years in Hoboken and went to the gym at hoboken kiel for 4 years now, been hanging in antwerp (deurne-borgerhout, north section) eversince i've went back to study.

Antwerp is cleaned up, well monitored. Sure it also has a few problems now and then, but it has improved tremendously over the past 2 decades. Apart from some moroccan posing, there really isnt anything noteworthy here. You can totally walk the area's here as a slutty female at night, and at worst might receive a few whistles.
Sure, you get some troubled youth there, but nothing alike brussels

Brussels ? Has issues with black gangs (mostly african descend), has issues with rampant racisalism, criminality, and lawlessness in certain districts.

The way the city counsel acts on its issues, can be best seen in how they handled their red light district

Antwerp has cleaned up the place entirely. Its confined to a few blocks, well monitored, clean, and has a club located in it. From time to time i go eat spare ribs with my old class in a restaurant wich borders it, and its a totally chill zone

Brussels has the most filthy urine reeking street, and several blocks of rampant uncontrolled prostitution, mostly imports, and all kind of street corner hooking.
It was like that in 06-09, and last time i was in the area (train station borders it), it was still exactly the same.

Its the best example of how antwerp deals with its issues, and brussels doesnt

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, but they deactivated his ID and it has not been used to acces the plant since he got killed.

Dont bother too much with this news. The worst you can do if you can acces a plant, is that it shuts down, so you cause some economical damage because of its down time. Creating a meltdown would require to override several security measures, altering the settings of the proces controll emergency system etc etc.

You need a team of engineers working on that for houres, without anyone activating emergency shut down(totally harmless).

Unlike what the green fascists want you to believe, its impossible to create a new chernobyl, just by pressing some buttons. No sane country has build that idiotic type of reactor for 4+ decades

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
its impossible to create a new chernobyl, just by pressing some buttons. No sane country has build that idiotic type of reactor for 4+ decades
well I'm kinda in chernobyl country, learned about this stuff a little, so awaik no rbmk-based nuclear power plant is stationed in Belgium. But it's still creepy, because before 1986 rbmk-type plants were considered safe. It always takes a precedence, but in this case even precedence is too much.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's been done where I'm from too :D
Where are you from?

- - - Updated - - -

But we're talking petty crime in Brussels, right? Detroit has a lot of violent crime, although recently the problem has subsided a bit, partly in thanks to the police department.

It also seems Belgium is lacking a bit with respect to intelligence or decision-making with security recon. It seems authorities were warned about a possible attack, but perhaps they couldn't locate the crew involved. On the other hand, Germany seemingly stopped a couple attacks recently, but perhaps they got lucky.

Is that your dunce cap?

How long does it take for a migrant to get citizenship? Isnt it like 5 years in the US and 7 in Europe? Can non-citizens vote?
It is five years if you meet certain criteria. Non-citizens are not allowed to vote in Presidential elections, but there have been cases of illegals somehow registering and voting. That's why some argue proof of citizenship needs to be shown, or at least some sort of ID. Democrats say even showing an ID at the booths is racist and discriminatory. :rolleyes2

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, but they deactivated his ID and it has not been used to acces the plant since he got killed.

Dont bother too much with this news. The worst you can do if you can acces a plant, is that it shuts down, so you cause some economical damage because of its down time. Creating a meltdown would require to override several security measures, altering the settings of the proces controll emergency system etc etc.

You need a team of engineers working on that for houres, without anyone activating emergency shut down(totally harmless).

Unlike what the green fascists want you to believe, its impossible to create a new chernobyl, just by pressing some buttons. No sane country has build that idiotic type of reactor for 4+ decades
I suppose if they blow up a portion of the plant that it could cause some issues though. Perhaps not a total meltdown, but more like a Fukushima type event. If it's possible to get close enough.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
well I'm kinda in chernobyl country, learned about this stuff a little, so awaik no rbmk-based nuclear power plant is stationed in Belgium. But it's still creepy, because before 1986 rbmk-type plants were considered safe. It always takes a precedence, but in this case even precedence is too much.
It takes a lot to fuck up a nuclear power plant, though. It's not like you can sneak in and push the "meltdown" button.

Terrorists would have a lot more luck with dirty bombs than trying to recreate a Fukushima earthquake and tsunami.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)