Beijing 2008 Olympic Games [SEE THREAD RULES ON PAGE 1] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Atm, the standings look like this

1. USA 4pts (3:2)
2. Nigeria 4pts (2:1)
3. Holland 2pts (2:2)
4. Japan 0 pts (1:3)

Japan are already out so Holland's job could be easier. USA-Nigeria will decide everything. The winner there will win the group , while with a draw a mini table will be created and USA will qualify (they'll win the group if it's a scoring draw).

You think 1x (USA to win or draw) is a good bet here ?
It could be, but I don't know, we lost Freddy and Bradley so there goes our creative forces. You never know with us against African teams who are ferociously quick (see Ghana in 2006).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm pretty sure we will start him. Only problem is who will get the ball the great youngster? Hopefully Feilhaber will be able to create for us and hold down the midfield.

You support the US?

K_Mac

Apr 15, 2006
i know....i'm pissed that the rivalry isn't that strong anymore. but you would slaughter us in American football. But we'd destroy you in basketball:p

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i know....i'm pissed that the rivalry isn't that strong anymore. but you would slaughter us in American football. But we'd destroy you in basketball:p
Indeed. Only the losers care about PSU basketball in State College. We have never done well with that sport.

K_Mac

Apr 15, 2006
is he really the only up and coming heir to la Nazionale after Buffon? Italy's GK options have been severely limited in recent years.

OP
Christina

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
  • Thread Starter #375
    is he really the only up and coming heir to la Nazionale after Buffon? Italy's GK options have been severely limited in recent years.
    No. Consigli is a very good keeper IMO, he reminds me of Buffon in many ways. Fiorillo is also rated highly, but I have yet to see him play.

Anyway, Italy needs just a draw against Cameroon to avoid playing Brazil in the next round.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
    No. Consigli is a very good keeper IMO, he reminds me of Buffon in many ways. Fiorillo is also rated highly, but I have yet to see him play.

Anyway, Italy needs just a draw against Cameroon to avoid playing Brazil in the next round.
    damn you were faster Cristina:)
    Fiorillo is very good.i watched him in U19 tournament last month

OP
    Christina

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
  • Thread Starter #378
    damn you were faster Cristina:)
    Fiorillo is very good.i watched him in U19 tournament last month
    :D

Consigli is playing for Atalanta in the up-coming season, he's back from being on loan at Rimini. Although Coppola is still probably going to start, I'm sure Consigli will appear in cup games and such.

Suhail

An The Inter Fu**er
    Dec 3, 2006
    Im deeply in love with the u21/u23 italian team ... just soo passionate .. saw them at the toulana festival and they won that ... giovinco was awesome

and here they are dusting aside olympic teams ... i agree with casiraghi brazil are scared of italia ...

oo and :bigscarf: are soo lucky to have gio :) :cool: probably the biggest talent around ... maybe even beats pato :) this is coming from a milanista

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)