beckham quits as england captain (1 Viewer)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I think McLaren was gonna resign Becks anyway, so he wanted to make it look like he resigned himself lol

I think Gerrard would be the best choice, cause:

- He has more caps than Terry

- He's a DM, which is the best position for a captain (controls whole field)

- I just can't forget the Istanbul final, "what a captain" I thought at that time :agree:

But of course, who gives a shit about England :D

PS Canna the best Captain at this WC (Ballack is close though) :D

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Andy said:
Beckham was never a suitable captain. Anybody who cries twice during the World Cup without lifting the actual trophy is not a suitable captain.
Not to mention that he publicly stated that he intentionally got himself booked, so he could miss the next game, some time ago. What a role model!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
mnementh said:
I'd give it to Joe Cole, the current only good english player.
Only good english player. Please, is there any need to make completely idiotic comments like that, you might dislike the english NT but thats a ridiculous thing to say

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I hope the new England captain will keep the captain status long enough to avoid watching Rooney as a captain...

Gerrard prooved that he is much more of a real leader than Lampard
and Terry favourism would create more problems in the defence IMO,
Gerrard already won officialy a hyper status...

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
More problems? For a start we don't have any problems.. and for two JT is the second best centre half on the planet so why would it be favouritism, he'd play anyway!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This is the NT this is not a FC,
equally good players have to fight for the same places,
every coach has his favourite players and biases,
the press (and the players) tend to create scandals out of those selection and create trouble within the team, the new coach sould respect/keep some balances.
Beckham's popularity avoided to become any major issue so far because
of his unquestioned hyper status in his home by all the supporters,
now the new selection must be a person with experience, respected and tolerated by all, with leader caracteristics and also a special... spark...

the only person after Beckham wich has this special ... care ... from the press and ppl is Rooney,
but he is too young, attacker and ... tempered

in the midfield (natural selection for captains) Gerrard comes close but Lampard isnt that far away,though the "fight" between them was already happened and Gerrard already won the "prize"

but in the defence Ferdinand,Campell and Carragher would question the superiority of Chelsea's player, some would say they are older, some would say they are equaly good, respected, popular etc
talks would emerge from here:D

Robinson is out of question...

IMO CM Gerrard is the wisest selection to avoid conflicts.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seven said:
I think Beckham's a good player, yes. I'm not a fan though.
Look, anybody who blames the state of the turf for a missed spot kick simply should not be a captain. Beckham is a goddamn joke of a captain, and England will be better off with a real fighter wearing the armband.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Tom said:
Only good english player. Please, is there any need to make completely idiotic comments like that, you might dislike the english NT but thats a ridiculous thing to say
Yeah, even I will admit that does not make much sense.

Dano

Jul 5, 2006
I'd definately go with John Terry. He's demonstrated how good of a captain he can be at Chelsea, and that is enough for me to declare him my favourite choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)