Barcelona - Juventus (2 Viewers)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Lippi: Barca can be beaten

Marcello Lippi is optimistic that his Juventus side can beat Barcelona in the Nou Camp on Tuesday.

The Bianconeri take on the Spaniards in the Champions’ League needing a win or a high score draw after the 1-1 result in the first leg two weeks ago.

"It will be a game against a quality side but one that we are more than capable of beating," he said. "The first leg result hasn’t compromised anything and I’m hopeful."

However, the Italian giants won’t be able to count on the goals of David Trezeguet who has failed to recover in time from a shoulder problem.

"Obviously it is a blow that we haven’t got Trezeguet but I have Di Vaio and Del Piero," explained the tactician. "They did well against Roma and will do even better against Barca."

Although Juventus have impressed in Serie A, their form in Europe has been mixed and the Delle Alpi clash against Barca didn’t leave many impressed.

The Spanish Press attacked the Bianconeri for their negative approach in the game but Lippi has hit back.

"I would like to remind everyone that in the eight years that I’ve been with Juventus we have won great praise on the continent for our style of play," he maintained.

"We’ve won the Champions’ League, as well as appearing in two more finals, and we won the Intercontinental title.

"Then if someone watches us on one occasion and isn’t impressed then there really is no reason for us to worry too much about that."

Barcelona: Bonano; Puyol, De Boer, Andersson, Reiziger; Overmars, Xavi, Motta, Luis Enrique; Saviola, Kluivert.

Juventus: Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Davids, Nedved; Del Piero, Di Vaio.

Ref: Poll (England).

Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I was hoping Tudor would start instead of montero he got us this far and he is on good form as shown against Roma.

Hopefully he will at least make an apperance!!!

Forza Juve!!

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Juve better win this game, I've just splashed out dosh for a set top box so I can watch live tonight!
Respect:cool:

We didnt test Barca at all in the 1st leg, This time around Juve will rape Barca in their own backyard:D If we score first, I hope we dont relax cause our boys at the back seem to get the gitters! Foza Juve

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Good thing I can't watch this game because I'm going to a concert ... my nails and my nervs would not survive it. Hopfully there'll be good news when I come home :cheesy:

FORZA JUVE! :kiss:

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
barca is so optimistic... they already think about their possible semi-final opponent..
and also the media is on barca's side... barca is handled as the big favourit... everywhere

but IMO this is exactly the advantage for juve...
it's important to be optimistic... but barca is not only optimistic - they are arrogant bastards!!!
barca are in the next round with a 0-0, but they will still atack from the first minute on, because the atmosphere will be gr8...
and just one good counter attack in 90 minutes could bring the lead for juve.. - then the situation looks different... then barca would already have to score two goals in order to reach the semi-final....
i also think a 1-1 draw is realistic, so a penalty shootout would decide, which team would face manu/real

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I'm confident that Juve will finish the job before the penalty kicks! :star: They just need to play like they did against Man Utd away and it'll be alright.

DelSing

Apr 22, 2003
DAMN

Look who's the ref for the game, ****ing Grahmn POLL, what is the uefa doing he suck dick he dont' have the ability to ref a CL game shit

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
BARCELONA (4-4-2)

bonano
puyol
andersson
de boer
reizeger
overmars
motta
xavi
luis enrique
kluivert
saviola

JUVE (4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2)

buffon
thuram
ferrara
montero
zambrotta
camoranesi
tacchinardi
davids
nedved
del piero
di vaio

forza juve :star:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)