Barcelona - Juventus (6 Viewers)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I am sorry I have to disagree, no not with the amazing forum bit but with you saying is getting to 1'4s is a good achievement as its not, the likes of Real madrid, Milan, Juve, Barcelona,Man United and some others like Bayern should be looking to win or at the very least be in the final itself. We have underachieved in this competition if you consider how smaller teams like Ajax have done
Well u right that a team like Juve should not be that happy with a 1/4 finals,but i meant that comparin' to our last 3-4 years in Europe is still a succes.
But,well this i guees the reason why we should progres to the semis'....:)...:angel:U right DEnco.but i won't be much dissapointed i f won't make.
LOVE JUVE!
My prediction:
2-2 or 1-2.(Forza Juve!)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Lol,That would really funny if barca kicked out without a single defeat.......However.....I want just us to go forward to the semis,
doesn't matter how will do it.
Forza.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Lippi holds the key o this match although Di Vaio is not helping much but hopefully that stint against Roma will galvanise him into action. I am hoping that Lippi will resort to an attacking formation. The whole midfield except Nedved has been defensive oriented - Even Camo seems to be spending too much time in Thuram's position! How else can you explain Thuram on the right wing in Roma's game? Granted our defense is poor but being too defensive will only result in more pressure to the defenders. If we could exert more pressure on the Barca instead of waiting to break up their game a la Tacchi then we will definately manage to get through. Sadly all the Juve games that have been shown to this part of the world have been mediocre - Let's hope for a change. Forza Juve!!!
Forza Juve

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++
Well that's just it, the underachivement of Juve and other Italian clubs has given fans an ínferiority complex. As if we were just by-standers to Real Madrid's path to glory.

This has to stop. And what better way to stop it than to beat Barcelona in the quarter-finals and get on our way to Old Trafford.

Yes, I'm hoping Juve will reach the finals. Why should I hope for less? It wasn't too long ago that we participated in three of them.

So let's cross our fingers or hold our thumbs or whatever we do for good luck in our respective countries. 'Cause if the fans can't have hope, then who can?

So what if we get disappointed if Juve loose? That's what supporting a team is all about.
I perfectly agree. Till 4 years ago, Juve were always the favourites for the Champions League (after reaching 3 successive finals and a semifinal). A quarterfinal placing would be a half failure for us, because Juventus are better than Barcelona, Ajax, Valencia, Inter or Milan. You don't win the italian league just by luck, you must be a very good squad to do so. Only Utd and Real are up to Juve's level (Real can be at an even higher level if they play on a good day), but the rest of the teams are all beatable by Juventus.

I can't understand how Juve's form changes from the league to Europe, hope we can invert this tendency tonight!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i think that's what it says.....seomthing about him training alone because of an injury :scared:

i'm not sure either, but it doesn't sound good!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I read the news somewhere else. It said that Camoranesi trained by himself last night, but there are very good probabilities that he will play, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Square

Oct 6, 2002
we can win this one. we have a full strength team minus trezeguet but i expect di viaio to play well tonight...

zambrotta should play at left back because hes got pace and has been playin real well recently. againt barca he contained overmars - he wasnt a threat all night.

del piero will play one of his best games ever tonight. the second against roma - he was amazing.

my only concern is lippis negativity and tudor not being in defence.

we need to see a PASSIONATE JUVENTUS!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
what would be wierd if juve tie with Barca 2-2.

Barca would exit the champions league without a single defeat!! :D

"barcelona broke a champions league record for successive wins,had an amazing unbeaten run against top teams from all across europe and were kicked out at the q-finals,preserving their unbeaten record."

:D

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Camoranesi hasn't been as good as he was at the start of the season. Let's hope he gives it all tonight!
This is because for some weird reason he's also playing a very defensive role as opposed to earlier when he was used purely as an attacking winger.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Lippi introduces match at Camp Nou

Marcello Lippi speaks about the important match in Barcellona. He said tha Juventus is in a good shape.

1-1 at the end of the firs round at Delle Alpi. Lippi would like to repeat that game. “I like that match. I wish we repeat that result. Now we have Del Piero and Di Vaio that are in better shape that in the firt match. I have to leave Trezeguet in Turin but we are used to play without important players”.

“We make our best to take the semifinal. I saw Barcellona against Real Madrid. It’s a very strong team; the tie was right”.

www.juventus.it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)