Barcelona - Juventus (4 Viewers)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw the game live:
we played a quite normal game with some dangerous moments!
Nedved in the second half was just magnificent!In the first Motta was always with him!What a goal!!!I just screamed all over my house(my mom woke up......oops....):angel:
AND Then that XAVI ***k him!we one second later and Thuram would block the shot!
After Davids was sent off(No complainin' about that...)....we had 10 min to the end,to tell u the trith i didn't believed that we can score with 5-3-1 formation...and Zala all alone there!
Damn they were attackin' like crazy!From both sides,Riquelme shootin',But ALL the high balls were kicked by our AMAZING defence!What a work by Montero and THURAM!Only one ball had Kluivert in the et and BUFFON Made just an amazing save!!!!
JUST IMAGIN IT:Thuram Tudor and Montero those were our playmekrs in the et!well Zambo as well....
I Prayed for the penalties!
And then the FATAL Counter attack!!!
Biri from the right crosses and De boor with Puyol just watchin' our URUGUYAN BOY SCORE!!!!!!!!I WAS LIKE:eek::eek::eek:
THEN I RAN TO MY DAD AND GAVE HIM A BIG HUG WITH A KISS!
DAMN WHAT A MOMENT!!!!!
WHAT A CHARACTER WE SHOWED!!!!
U GOTTA WATCH IT!
WE SHOWED THEM A PIECE OF EXPIRIENCE!
I;m SO proud!!!!WE GETTIN TO THE SEMIS AND THE WHOLE CAMP NOU SITTIN STUT UPPED!!!!!!
Amazing!
Let's just be praise the boys!and for the semis,we''ll talk later!
THE BEST DEFENCE IN THE WORLD!
FORZA MONTERO!
FORZA FERARRA!
FORZA THURAM!
FORZA ZAMBROTTA!
FORZA BIRINDELLI!

AND OFCOURSE FORZA NEDVED!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE U JUVE!I LOVE U ALL!
GREAT NIGHT FOR US GUYS!
SEMPRE JUVE!!!!!!:touched: :touched: :touched:
:cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 20, 2002
I think i will change my nick name to ZALA-IS-GOD, but seriously i am so proud to be a Juve fan tonight the whole team tried so hard,

and TOM to quote my mum "Whats all that noise? have we won the lottery? "
hahaha

sheva

Aug 7, 2002
UNBELIEVABLE:D WOW, that a blow to Barca's hopes, not that they lost in the quarters but that Zala scored against them:D
I give it up to Ferrara, Montero and Thuram. Especially the latter 2, the look on Montero's face showed all of his dedication, commitment and effort.Thuram must of been soooo tired of clearing the f##king ball, full credit. Neddy worked his ass off but with no one to pass the ball to when Alex left, except for Zala and well sometimes it was better to pass it to the opponents and save time. However he did pull off the victory that we needed and he must also get full props becuse at the end of the day he did what he had to do. Lippi made tthe right subs, when Edgar was sent off he took off Alex who was ineffective and brought on Tudor . Perfect move, Zala had just come on before and at the end it was as if we lost a striker instead of our holding midfielder.
We are screwed for the Semis though as we will miss both Davids and Tachinnardi:frown: Tudor, will perform, but Conte has definately passed his prime and sorry to say is not fit for either Real or Man U. Maybe we could get 1 of either Davids or Tacchi's card's appealed, somehow, afterall the second yellow for Edgar was not a card, however red is red.
Anyway, due to the circumstances we have maybe even overachieved, so enjoy and cheers to all:D
Go Montero and Thuram:fero::fero::fero:IMMORTALS

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Ronaldinhoisgod ] ++And TOM to quote my mum "Whats all that noise? have we won the lottery? "
hahaha
:LOL: rock on mate! glad to see another fanatic here in britain where nobody has a clue that we are even playing :D

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
AND OFCOURSE BRAVISSIMO LIPPI!
For sure he was the man who found the words in those moments!
INCREDIBLE!:cheesy:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Wow what heroes all of them

Lippi is very lucky as my ananlysis would have been far more diff as his substitutions were a wee bit strange

Buffon was a hero and who says he never produces world class saves

Thuram was out of this world far and away the best player on the field, please play this guy in the middle

Ferrara a fave of Glen's was not so good in my eyes and I could not believe the amount of times he and Montero under lil pressure gave the ball away, it was really frightening

Davids even if we went out would be a huge hero for me as he gave everything only if the front players could have shown a little passion, he was brilliant and no matter what anyone says he is excellent thou he does try to do too much at times

Tacchinardi was alright nothing special but played to his usuall std

Zambrotta if only he can stop running into a cul de sac and then dive, he will have me as a fan , very lucky not to concede a pen as he brought down mendietta

Camo was bad and did little

Birindelli what a magnificent cross enuff said another hero just for that

Dp was anonymous and he would have borne my brunt if we went off, it was a cowardly display by him staying in the midfield doing very little and not helping the attacker but i was still in shock when he was brought off

Nedved , they should name some streets after he and Thuram

Di Vaio he is a clown and talk about a headless chicken was just going offside unnecessarily

Zala what a priceless goal and a hero but he is rubbish lets be frank, lets play him in all the awya games in Europe

Compared to the first game this was terrific and if not 4 Lippi we would have won home and away

Aug 20, 2002
The Juve fans at the Nou camp did us proud i could hear them quite clearly from time to time even though they were situated miles from the pitch and there were very few but you could still hear the chants of "JUVE, JUVE, JUVE" :touched:

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
ha, I agree with you Denco about naming streets after Nedved and Thuram.!!!

What a game..if I never see another game the free to view box was worth every penny of the £90 today!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Thats Juve! Never giving up and fighting till the end! When I saw Zalas goal, I screamed and jumped like a chicken! We made it! Montero was bull! Would love to see Tudor or Iuliano next to Ferrara, who was usual!
Nedved is a hero! Del Piero was covered too well, Tacchi made a stupid foul, and now we have lost our central mid for the first leg! Zala-is-god!

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
Hunger , Concentration , Motivation , SPIRIT

heroooooos , gladiators ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

they were barave , they really wanted it and believed in it

bad game for juve till the turn point of the match (davids sent off ) they really should what they are made of i am really proud

gigi : superp

thuram : he is a fighter man of the match no doubt

ferrara : did good job marking kluivert

montero : shaky at first half , fantastic at extra time

zambrotta : i am sure that he ran more than 20 kilometeres at that game ,, he is important element no doubt

camo : he was bad bad bad

tach : brave and hard working againest 6 barca midfielders alone between davids sent out and the coming of tudor

davids : despite the send off , he was the best juve player in the first half

nedved : brought down and beated but as always kept running going forward battiling for the victory

del piero : nothing much

di vaio : 6 or 7 offsides in 45 min ?

zala : his work rate is great but he needs much more to be juve reguler ,, great goal

birindelli : no mistakes , stopped overmars , battled against luis enrique , great cross for zala

tudor : fighting spirit , great as ever with high balls , good defensive mentality .

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Holy crap we really sucked, I can't believe this ever happened! Montero and Tacchi already ruled out for Real, Ferrara and Nedved only one yellow away. Barca had one if not two penalties turned down, we had absolutely zero firepower, Del Piero was horrible, ditto Di Vaio. And then out of nowhere.. Thuram clears in the box [as usual], Nedved gets it to midfield, finds Zalayeta with his back to the goal, tons of Barca players around him, takes his only lousy opportunity to find Biri on the wing, cross comes in and who else than Zala to score. The most unpredictable thing I have witnessed in quite a while. Life is so unfair and the Barca fans must hate Graham Poll.

Forza Juve!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
to quote my dad

" an eighteen year old jumping about like a madman..its only a game"

:D
How about someone who was breakdancing without music!!? (i never even breakdanced before)!! :LOL:

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Life is so unfair and the Barca fans must hate Graham Poll.

Forza Juve!
not only barca ,, remeber italy - croatia game in worldcup , arsenal - newcastle last season

unfair ? i don't think so ,, thier strickers were crap

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I agree, all juve players showed great heart...

as well as Thuram and Nedved performed, you have to give so much credit to Lippi for turning the game around!!!

His substitutions were very brave (taking out DP, DV and Camo!)
and he changed the tactics perfectly.

as soon as he changed the formation, Nedved was given more room and he cause more trouble to Barca and juve scored.

it was also perfect because the threat from the wings decreased as Thuram and Biri stayed back.

taking off Del Piero and keeping Zala is something that many people found wierd. but it was the best choice since Zala is better in playing the lone striker. (+ DP wasn't doing much)

Forza Juve!! (add this game to the same chapter in history as the Italia-Holland Game!!)
poor De Boer!

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
season 97/1998.......quarter-final against Dynamo Kyiv 1-1 at the Delle Alpi and we all though it's over........two weeks later in Kyiv: 1-4 for Juve.............i'm thinking of that match a lot these days. Juve are able to do it again.

told you guys..........juve are always good when they being understmated by the opponent(or at least being the most likely to lose). i ,actually, gonna miss barca next year. So who's next? Zizou's Real?? BRING IT ON

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
I'm extremely happy! I was optimistic before the kick off and it turns out I was right to be!:extatic:

Considering the amount of pressure we were under I think the whole backline performed great! One can complain about individual mistakes, but to me that shouldn't overshadow the fact that they got it right so many times!!!

As many others said Thuram (to be the best in defence at the same time as being a key "midfielder" is just outstanding) and Nedved (to keep running like that after 114 minutes is inhuman - if this guy doesn't get the golden ball then there is no justice) were the best, but praise must go to the entire team for defending so valiantly. Personally I don't agree at all with someone who said that Birindelli was one of the worst on the pitch, I thought he did just fine.

Zala, while we're all grateful for the goal, had an awful game. As usual you could say. I have a better first touch on the ball than this guy. He only got one right in the entire game, but how right he got it!

Lippis substitutions were quite strange, I thought. I can understand bringing in Birindelli who with his speed could cover Overmars, who was giving us real trouble. But DiVaio out so soon only to bring in Zala was completely unnecessary. Alright, so DV had a bad game, but who has ever seen Zala have a good game?(Against good oposition that is).

Taking out Del Piero was a bit understandable as he was aiming to defend a lead and Del Piero looked a bit tired. Still, taking out Zala at that time instead would have gone over just fine with me.

As things worked out I don't feel I want to waste time critisizing substitutions.

Commentating on Barcelona whe should find ourselves so lucky that they ran out of ideas in attack, their (poor) crosses to Kluivert and their unimaginative plays through the centre made things easier for our defenders. They were attacking constantly and had they found a way to vary their attacks a bit we might very well have gone to penalties.

We should also say thanks to Patrik Andersson for being so slow and bad in general. As a swede it hurts to see this guy being played off the park by Nedved, as a Juventino it feels great! He was never a slow player to begin with and after his injurys it's gone from bad to worse. Unfortunately for him he's doesn't have the same eye for the game as Ferrara to compensate with.

IMO Radomir Antic has been a found out as a limited coach, his team didn't perform well and he did nothing constructive to change it. Bringing on Riquelme, a player that he had blasted before kick off turned out to be fruitless. The fact that they got so many chansces is a merit to the team, the fact that they didn't convert is a de-merit to Antic. He should simply have changed the way they played. I'm not too upset that he didn't:D

By saying that Barca played unimaginative I certainly don't mean to devalue Juve's defensive performance. It was nothing short of heroic. Not many teams could have taken that kind of pressure ten-man down.

A negative thing that should be said about our team is its limited bench. We are simply not up to par with Europe's other great teams when it comes to back-up players, particularily in midfield. And in my opinion, we're also lacking in quality strikers. But this is old news and I'm sure I'm not the only one hoping for Moggi to rectify this in the summer. Anyone saying that Miccoli wouldn't have a place in this team is dead wrong, IMO. He's miles ahead of Di Vaio, Zala and Salas. And three good strikers on rotation is definitly not too many.

This post got quite long but to summarise:

Forza Juve! Forza Juve sempre!!

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
you're all wrong about del piero!
just get back and watch how he managed to keep the ball and ease the pressure rather than jeopardizing juve's cl future.
I was really amazed by his regulating midfielder skills:reminds me of early dp...

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Holy crap we really sucked, I can't believe this ever happened! Montero and Tacchi already ruled out for Real, Ferrara and Nedved only one yellow away. Barca had one if not two penalties turned down, we had absolutely zero firepower, Del Piero was horrible, ditto Di Vaio. And then out of nowhere.. Thuram clears in the box [as usual], Nedved gets it to midfield, finds Zalayeta with his back to the goal, tons of Barca players around him, takes his only lousy opportunity to find Biri on the wing, cross comes in and who else than Zala to score. The most unpredictable thing I have witnessed in quite a while. Life is so unfair and the Barca fans must hate Graham Poll.

Forza Juve!
I think your being too harsh. If you can't appreciate a great defensive game, why did you become a fan of an Italian team in the first place?;)

Btw, does this mean you will support Real Madrid in the semis? Strange news to see that Man U already forfeited the game... Or don't we belive in unlikely comebacks?;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)