Bangsbo interview (1 Viewer)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Here's something for the Scandinavians (and other people who understand danish)

A interview with Juventus' assistant manager Jens Bangsbo. He talks about his work and life in Turin.

http://www.tv2regionerne.dk/video.asp?Id=150855

It's not often we get to hear him speak like this, so I'm really sorry that it's not in english... but we get to see the palyers training and stuff... so just watch anyway...

For thoose who understand... enjoy! :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Anyone can translate?

I never heard him speak or read any interviews of his. In fact I thought he didn't even know how to speak! :D

OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    once again... if you understand danish (or swedish or norweigan) here's another interview with Juve's assistant manager Jens Bangsbo.

Just a small one after the Juve - Sociedad match...
    Click here

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    Here's something for the Scandinavians (and other people who understand danish)

A interview with Juventus' assistant manager Jens Bangsbo. He talks about his work and life in Turin.

http://www.tv2regionerne.dk/video.asp?Id=150855

It's not often we get to hear him speak like this, so I'm really sorry that it's not in english... but we get to see the palyers training and stuff... so just watch anyway...

For thoose who understand... enjoy! :)
    Hey thanks for this Kaliman, i have no idea what he's saying :down: but the training bits were :cool:

Would be nice though if there were some kind sould who would be willing to tell/translate the gist of what Bangsbo said :D

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    Yeah, nice video! I was surprised to see an interview with Bangsbo. He seems like he barely goes into the limelight.

But I know that he works extremely well, controlling the players diet and every bit of food that they eat. He makes sure about the training regime so as not to overwork the players and avoid injury.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    well, i may have a slight idea. correct me anyone, if you know the real facts.

but i remember in a tv feature once that bangsbo emphasized on the importance of the players' diet. i think he is very meticulous in watching over their intake. also, the training is a very important aspect. he's a great physio which contributed greatly to juve's success as many players were kept away from injury last year.

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    Isn't Bangsbo supposed to be leaving the club soon, isn't that so? If he is, why?
    No, he's not leaving... He was offered a job at a university in Copenhagen, which he talked about accepting. But he later said that he couldn't leave something this good behind. He will stay with Juventus for now.

I read an interview with him a couple of months ago, where he talked about how well his family has adapted to life in Turin. So I'm optimistic... :)
    and surely he must be happy with the salary since he was bumped up to assistant manager... ;)

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++

Would be nice though if there were some kind sould who would be willing to tell/translate the gist of what Bangsbo said :D
    It's kind of his story at Juventus.

Ok, here goes... as I remember the story/interview.

Bangsbo has written three books about physiotherapy and tactics in football. He's a respected man in that part of football, and Juve couldn't resist offering him a job. They came to Denmark and offered him a job as some kind of physio/trainer/consultant, which he accepted after a meeting with the club.

He was in charge of the players health basicly. Working to prevent injuries, controlling their diet and so on...

After a year Juventus decided to use his tactical knowlegede as well, so they gave him the job as assistant manager, working closely with Lippi.

Bangsbo decribes it as a greater responsibility and quite a task. He explains how they analyze the opponent, plan the training.... everything :blah: :D

He also talks about how easy it was adapting to life in Italy, how everyone welcomed him, supported him. He praises the italians for their warmth and kindness.

Then there's something about the celebrity status. He was surprised that so many people would notice him, want his autograph and so on... he also speaks about how important it is, that the traning sessions are closed. Cuz when the fans visit in the summer, you can barely think cuz of all the noise from the many Juve fans.

The italian reporter speaks about how important Bangsbo is for the team. What he's done and the credit he deserves...

lol... that sucked, but you got idea right?

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

It's kind of his story at Juventus.

Ok, here goes... as I remember the story/interview.

Bangsbo has written three books about physiotherapy and tactics in football. He's a respected man in that part of football, and Juve couldn't resist offering him a job. They came to Denmark and offered him a job as some kind of physio/trainer/consultant, which he accepted after a meeting with the club.

He was in charge of the players health basicly. Working to prevent injuries, controlling their diet and so on...

After a year Juventus decided to use his tactical knowlegede as well, so they gave him the job as assistant manager, working closely with Lippi.

Bangsbo decribes it as a greater responsibility and quite a task. He explains how they analyze the opponent, plan the training.... everything :blah: :D

He also talks about how easy it was adapting to life in Italy, how everyone welcomed him, supported him. He praises the italians for their warmth and kindness.

Then there's something about the celebrity status. He was surprised that so many people would notice him, want his autograph and so on... he also speaks about how important it is, that the traning sessions are closed. Cuz when the fans visit in the summer, you can barely think cuz of all the noise from the many Juve fans.

The italian reporter speaks about how important Bangsbo is for the team. What he's done and the credit he deserves...

lol... that sucked, but you got idea right?
    No no.... that diddn't suck and yes i got the idea :thumb:

Thanks for this Kaliman!! :) It's nice to know more abt him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)