Baltimore Riots/Freddie Gray (17 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I'm not sure I'd characterize it as "below-average intelligence". My guess is its pretty average. Normal distribution curves are very difficult to skew one way or the other, especially at large population sizes.

More to the point, the problem is that, like most people, police are average. But we hold them to higher standards of stability, restraint, avoidance of bias, ethics, and incorruptibility compared to the average person. That's a failure right there. Because the pay and the job isn't enough to warrant attracting exceptional people as a rule... they're pretty much not that far from bus drivers in that regard.

The worst examples you see are in countries where the police are not paid or underpaid... like South Africa. Corruption is almost impossible to prevent with enough bad apples as a normal portion of the general population.

What's probably most missing is better checks and balances to provide oversight. Rather than pretend there are no bad cops, the system needs to acknowledge that there are bad cops and there need to be reasonable ways of either weeding them out or putting them out of potential harm's way.
90% of the outrage isn't police killing or unfairly treating people. The concern is that they're not held accountable for their misbehaviour.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #564
    I wouldn't know.

Amazing though, asking two kids to not fight on your car gets you two broken eye sockets, broken nose and ribs. I'd say only in Baltimore, but obviously that would be a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

I took my family to the DC Zoo yesterday. Never again. I hate DC you don't feel safe anywhere anymore.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #566
    Only know its a part of B-more.

Or B-nomore.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if they will be charged for a hate crime.

Probably not.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Dundalk is a freak show even in Baltimore county. They literally speak a form of English I don't understand there. (Saying things like "berl" for "boil", etc.)

The few times I spent near there, however, were more at Bengie's Drive-In up the road -- and that in itself is a freak show (albeit a fun one).

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #570
    Not part of B-more main, only in B-more county.

- - - Updated - - -

Murrca.
    Oh, here is another one:

(maybe this is more specific to DC)

"excuse me" is now "skewm"....literally say skew then add an "m" at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

A girl that wears a lot of makeup or tries too hard...is "she doing too much".

Itztli

'Curious'
    May 12, 2011
    As a minority member here who has his run in with the cop/law enforcement, I feel as if I have something to offer in thread.

Growing up here in South Florida, my experience with enforcement was pretty ok. Nothing severe or out of the pages of 1992 LAPD guide to police enforcement. Most cop here do their job and reasonable enough, however their are some that feel the need to prove to someone that they are the law. Ego tripping dickheads. One in particular had the balls to try and shut a show that I went to with friends despite not having city ordnance or a noise complaint to do so. Another one tried to get me arrested for loitering despite the fact that WAS my car that I'm sitting on and yet doesn't do that for the white folk that were doing the same thing.. I have a friend get arrested for trump up charge upstate (speeding, which should be a fine)I've e situation in Baltimore is whole other world compared to what I've experience, but even then I've always been apprehensive when dealing with them.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #572
    Works both ways IMO. The national debate NEEDS to take race out of it. Black cops and white cops it doesn't matter. Anyone with a badge can be on an ego trip. Making this about race I guarantee you will make everything worse instead of solving the problem on hand: bad cops.

Itztli

'Curious'
    May 12, 2011
    Works both ways IMO. The national debate NEEDS to take race out of it. Black cops and white cops it doesn't matter. Anyone with a badge can be on an ego trip. Making this about race I guarantee you will make everything worse instead of solving the problem on hand: bad cops.
    :agree:

The friend that got arrested upstate was white as lily and go thrown into a county jail for something that should of been a fine. Cops here can get really assholish, especially when they need to meet quota

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/05/08/dundalk-man-violently-beaten-by-group-of-teens/

Of course not a peep in the national news about this. If it was a group of white teens attacking a black man of course we all know what would happen.
    that is just the white people holding the black community down !

racist white people like this old guy will do anything to keep the blacks down. they would even try to start a fight when to very civilized young women have an intellectual argument on the street.

i am with adam carolla on the cops issue. it does not matter if they are coloured or whatever. cops are usually not the brightest (why else would you pick that job ?) and if you give them a "reason" or even a slight trigger they will gang up on you, no matter your colour. make it harder for them to catch/arrest you and they will gang up on you just like those black folks did in dundalk. even if the suspect is already control you will see police men come running there just to have a chance to get a free kick at the poor guy on the floor.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    They say Maryland as "Murrland".
    :agree: Yep.

As a minority member here who has his run in with the cop/law enforcement, I feel as if I have something to offer in thread.

Growing up here in South Florida, my experience with enforcement was pretty ok. Nothing severe or out of the pages of 1992 LAPD guide to police enforcement. Most cop here do their job and reasonable enough, however their are some that feel the need to prove to someone that they are the law. Ego tripping dickheads. One in particular had the balls to try and shut a show that I went to with friends despite not having city ordnance or a noise complaint to do so. Another one tried to get me arrested for loitering despite the fact that WAS my car that I'm sitting on and yet doesn't do that for the white folk that were doing the same thing.. I have a friend get arrested for trump up charge upstate (speeding, which should be a fine)I've e situation in Baltimore is whole other world compared to what I've experience, but even then I've always been apprehensive when dealing with them.
    Nate. :heart:

Yeah, good to hear that you haven't received the ^%#* end of the stick too often. I hear enough about cops who are OK one moment, but with a different crew present they amp up to Major Dicks.

Did you call me a monkey?
    Look at that Hustini run...

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #578
    Why the hell would he call me a monkey...in danish...to Maddy whom I've blocked?

Furthermore why is it tolerated the Danes always speaking Danish when English is the set language?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I took my family to the DC Zoo yesterday. Never again. I hate DC you don't feel safe anywhere anymore.
    Really? Even with each patrol car sitting on the corner of every block?

Oh, they only work for the political class, so they don't really care about you?

Got it.

Maggot criminals.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #580
    Really? Even with each patrol car sitting on the corner of every block?

Oh, they only work for the political class, so they don't really care about you?

Got it.

Maggot criminals.
    you honestly can't even look at some without getting an ignorant comment directed at you.

And I saw no police either around the zoo. It's connected to the red line metro which shoots right from metro center so you know you are getting the riff raft there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)