Ballon d'Or 2019 (2 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
First time since 2010 that cr7 has fallen outside the top 2. This year really can't complain, but last year he deserved 1st.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Winning an international cup is the hardest task followed by the CL. Surely a Liverpool player should win, they were second in the league but unbeaten I think. Salah or Mane should get it. Ronaldo should be ahead of Messi for his international performances. Overall, Liverpool performances even against Messi himself were exceptional.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Winning an international cup is the hardest task followed by the CL. Surely a Liverpool player should win, they were second in the league but unbeaten I think. Salah or Mane should get it. Ronaldo should be ahead of Messi for his international performances. Overall, Liverpool performances even against Messi himself were exceptional.
They were, but again, is any of those players individually better than Messi? It's not a team award.

May 23, 2013
I wouldn't say hands down. He had a disgracefully bad Copa and just about every Liverpool player had an amazing season. Yes he deserves it this year but it wouldn't be a crime if a Liverpool player won it this year as well.

- - - Updated - - -

But Messi was the best in the CL and his league, which is why i'd give him the trophy....

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I never got the Messi hate here. Just stfu and appreciate the wonder you’re witnessing, you ungrateful swine.
Imagine watching a player who can dribble like Maradona while scoring at the same rate as Gerd Müller and being blinded by hatred of him, despite the fact that he doesn’t even play for a direct rival.

There are too many morons in this thread who don’t understand how to appreciate a once-in-a-generation talent.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Imagine watching a player who can dribble like Maradona while scoring at the same rate as Gerd Müller and being blinded by hatred of him, despite the fact that he doesn’t even play for a direct rival.

There are too many morons in this thread who don’t understand how to appreciate a once-in-a-generation talent.
right? not appreciating or trying to discredit Messi over some petty shit is ridiculous. the dude is the most talented player in the game. disliking him because he is a private person or plays for barva is some petty shit.

its almost as bad as a Juve fan not appreciating a manager who won 11 trophies in five years. granted, disliking messi is not near as bad, but still it reminds me of it. Disgusting.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
They were, but again, is any of those players individually better than Messi? It's not a team award.
I think Salah, Mane and VVD were more important and had a greater impact than Messi did last season and if Messi gets the award for winning La Liga then I'd say Sterling and De Bruyne should be there too because they won the domestic treble and were rampant all season. Messi's ban from after Copa America for his cheating comments doesn't look good either while Ronaldo won the Nations Cup. Don't get me wrong, Messi is legendary but giving it to Modric then Messi seems like a middle finger to Ronaldo for leaving Madrid even though admittedly Ronaldo doesn't deserve it this year.

May 23, 2013
I think Salah, Mane and VVD were more important and had a greater impact than Messi did last season and if Messi gets the award for winning La Liga then I'd say Sterling and De Bruyne should be there too because they won the domestic treble and were rampant all season. Messi's ban from after Copa America for his cheating comments doesn't look good either while Ronaldo won the Nations Cup. Don't get me wrong, Messi is legendary but giving it to Modric then Messi seems like a middle finger to Ronaldo for leaving Madrid even though admittedly Ronaldo doesn't deserve it this year.
Messi isn't just getting the award for La Liga, he was clearly the best player in the CL last season. Killed the group stage, killed Lyon, killed United (while they were on their honeymoon), and played great vs Liverpool scoring twice while creating a shitload of clear cut chances. The only Liverpool player who was close to Messi in the CL was Sadio Mane,

- - - Updated - - -

@JCK get a life my guy. I've seen your pics, you are too old for this childish shit.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
People need to finally realize that this is not a season award but for the calendar year. If you talk about individual impact, Lewa outscored messi this year in all competitions, in same amount of games. He outscored him in NT games (despite most of messis goals being in friendlies and only one in competitive games, while all of Lewas were competitive), he outscored him in CL. He got kicked out of CL earlier, but then the "team" argument people bring up for messi comes back in his favor. Hes also won a domestic double while messi lost the domestic cup against a much inferior team. Still, it should have went to pool. The fact so many of them had a great year doesent mean none of them deserves it. Alisson remqins my pick, having in mind previous winner(s)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Messi shouldnt win it, lost 4/5 competitions he entered. Carries barca? Lewa carries Bayern even more and they are a worse team than barca and outscored messi this year in same amount of games. Liverpool won an incredible amount of points (far more than any top team in any league i believe) this year, and won the CL, winner should come from them. Van Dijk or Alisson (won Copa America in addition, conceding as many goals as Messi scored in that tournament, one) should win it
Ronaldo didn’t win a single trophy in 2013. He lost the league to Barca (by a mile), he lost the Copa final to Atletico, and he got kicked out of the UCL by an inferior Dortmund side. Meanwhile Ribery won the treble that year. Guess who won the Ballon D’Or though?

This award has never been fair, unfortunately. The more marketable player will always win the award. Messi is a much bigger name than Van Dijk. Ronaldo is a sex symbol while Ribery has the misfortune of looking like Ribery.

The only exception is 2018, but I truly believe that Ronaldo would have won the Ballon D’Or that year if it wasn’t for the rape case. If you remember, the rape accusations came out around the time when the voting began, which no doubt had an impact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)