Balázs Dzsudzsák - AM L - PSV (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Date of birth 23 December 1986 (1986-12-23) (age 23)
Place of birth Nyírlugos, Hungary
Height 1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)
Weight 72 kg
Playing position Winger, Attacking midfielder​

Early life

Dzsudzsák was born in Nyírlugos in Hungary, and he was known among the villagers as "the kid who spends most of his time at the local football ground." His talents were discovered quite early, and was signed by Olasz Focisuli, a football academy for young talents and was a sure way towards Debreceni VSC. When he was 17 years old, he played for Létavértes on loan from Debrecen in NB3 (the Hungarian third division). Dzsudzsák made his debut for Debrecen in 2005.

Club career

PSV

The Hungarian international signed a five-year contract for PSV on 24 October 2007. The left winger was originally to make his transfer to PSV in the summer of 2008, although the departure of Kenneth Pérez from the PSV squad prompted PSV to speed up his transfer to January 2008. PSV scout Piet de Visser stated that Dzsudzsák "is an incredible talent. He is fast, good in the combination, can pass his man and give a good cross. You don't see them like this very often anymore. He is a modern left-winger."

Dzsudzsák made his Eredivisie debut on 12 January 2008. The match ended in a 1–0 win with Feyenoord. Dzsudzsák was in the starting XI in this match and recorded three shots on goal. In the next round, he scored his first league goal. That match ended in a 1–1 draw with VVV-Venlo. Dzsudzsák recorded his first assist on 23 January 2008 with the match ending in a 3–1 win over Sparta Rotterdam.

He managed to score three league goals in his first season, helping PSV win the Eredivisie title.

The 2008–2009 season saw a new team coach arrive in Huub Stevens. Defensive tactics didn't stop PSV finishing 4th in their Champions League group. The defensive tactics meant that Dzsudzsák didn't perform particularly well. Dzsudzsák scored his first hat trick in a game where PSV beat ADO Den Haag 6–0 at the Philips Stadion on 5 February 2009 in an Eredivisie match. He played a total of 32 league matches during the season, scoring 11 goals and 9 assists.

2009–2010 season Fred Rutten took over the team. He was named Man of the Match in a 4–3 victory over arch rivals AFC Ajax in the third Eredivisie round on 15 August 2009. Dzsudzsák scored two goals and one assist in the match. Dzsudzsák won the World Player of the Week title and named in the Team of the Week. Dzsudzsák finished the 2009/10 season with 14 goals and 16 assists.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
Oh wow. Every time I saw him he's been impressive. Most notable performance I can remember, don't think I'll ever forget that game. Look at what he does to van der Wiel and the other defender. :D

Of course, he could be wildly inconsistent.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Oh wow. Every time I saw him he's been impressive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q8mWMlbe-4 Most notable performance I can remember, don't think I'll ever forget that game. Look at what he does to van der Wiel and the other defender. :D

Of course, he could be wildly inconsistent.
"WELCOME TO FENERBAHCEEE ISTANBUL"
And as usual, Turkish people are welcoming players to their teams.

There was rumours about Real Madrid wanting him a few months ago.

faank

Sep 27, 2008
I know him well. I am admittedly biased - we're from the same country after all - therefore I'd like him here but not sure that he'd be a right fit. After watching him for three years in PSV, I firmly believe he's better than Afellay who seems to be liked by many around here (not by me, though). Dzsudzsak has a wicked left foot, really good shot and excellent crossing ability. Scores plenty goals for a winger, mostly from distance (iirc, scored at least ten in his last two seasons in PSV). Decent dribbling. He can cut to the middle and shoot with his right, too. Sounds exactly what we need but don't get your hopes up yet. He should be stronger and a little bit faster imho. He's also not the strongest mentally - he may have off games every now and then, I don't think he's consistent enough (although this changed a bit for his last season, I think he was by far the best and most consistent player in PSV). I'm also not sure he'd be a good fit in our 442 where the wingers must do it all - Dzsudzsak never had important defensive duties in any of his previous clubs. Also, let's not forget where he plays - signing players from Holland can be hit or miss. I think he'd help us after all so if the price is right, I'd not be against a move. Anything around 8-10 million would be reasonable. Anything higher, not so much.

Oh, and don't watch youtube videos of him, you'd probably want to sign him right away. Kid scored and assisted several huge goals over the last two years. PSV beating Ajax 4-3 last season is a good example of how good he can be. edit: hehe, I see that match cannot be forgotten easily :)

Jul 2, 2006
How serious is this rumour?

"WELCOME TO FENERBAHCEEE ISTANBUL"
And as usual, Turkish people are welcoming players to their teams.

There was rumours about Real Madrid wanting him a few months ago.
At the beginning of summer he was one of their targets along with Krasic but they got Stoch and Dia instead.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
Seen a lot of him last season. He is quit impressive, has good dribbling skills and highly creative. But a move to Juve might be too soon for him. I don't think he will leave PSV already.

I wouldn't be against this move, but I prefer Dzeko or Krasic.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I know him well. I am admittedly biased - we're from the same country after all - therefore I'd like him here but not sure that he'd be a right fit. After watching him for three years in PSV, I firmly believe he's better than Afellay who seems to be liked by many around here (not by me, though). Dzsudzsak has a wicked left foot, really good shot and excellent crossing ability. Scores plenty goals for a winger, mostly from distance (iirc, scored at least ten in his last two seasons in PSV). Decent dribbling. He can cut to the middle and shoot with his right, too. Sounds exactly what we need but don't get your hopes up yet. He should be stronger and a little bit faster imho. He's also not the strongest mentally - he may have off games every now and then, I don't think he's consistent enough (although this changed a bit for his last season, I think he was by far the best and most consistent player in PSV). I'm also not sure he'd be a good fit in our 442 where the wingers must do it all - Dzsudzsak never had important defensive duties in any of his previous clubs. Also, let's not forget where he plays - signing players from Holland can be hit or miss. I think he'd help us after all so if the price is right, I'd not be against a move. Anything around 8-10 million would be reasonable. Anything higher, not so much.

Oh, and don't watch youtube videos of him, you'd probably want to sign him right away. Kid scored and assisted several huge goals over the last two years. PSV beating Ajax 4-3 last season is a good example of how good he can be. edit: hehe, I see that match cannot be forgotten easily :)
very good post, thanks for sharing with us mate.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
He is from Hungary. Is this mean he is non-EU? I thought he has potential to be a good winger, he will be good alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)