Bad news for Lippi and Cuper (1 Viewer)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
uefa.com

Smoking banned in technical area
Thursday, 11 December 2003
UEFA is to introduce a ban on smoking in the technical area at all UEFA competition matches from the start of next season.

Improving football’s image
The move, designed to improve football's image, particularly with young people, was approved by UEFA’s Executive Committee at its two-day meeting at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland.

Unhealthy practice
UEFA’s technical development committee, comprising eminent members of the European coaching sector, had proposed the ban on smoking, which is considered as an unhealthy practice which can have a damaging impact. Sanctions could also be imposed on anyone found to be ignoring the ban.

Coach’s risk
“A coach risks to be sent into the dressing room, or other penalties imposed under the UEFA list of sanctions,” said UEFA Chief Executive Gerhard Aigner in announcing the ban. Referees and fourth officials will be urged to contribute to the application of the ban.

“No longer acceptable”
“In the present climate, it is no longer acceptable that we have smoking on the bench when smoking is being banned in so many places, and when we know that smoking damages health,” Mr Aigner added. “There are players sitting on the bench, and I think it is right and proper that UEFA stops any person from smoking there.” UEFA has also been working in partnership with the European Commission to promote a no-smoking campaign.

EURO preparations
During its two-day discussions, the Executive Committee heard a positive report from UEFA officials on the state of preparations for UEFA EURO 2004™ in Portugal, where work to have the infrastructures ready for next summer’s final round are continuing at full speed. It also named Germany as the hosts of next year’s UEFA European Under-21 Championship final round, and Poland as the hosts of the UEFA European Under-19 Championship final round in 2006.

Celtic Fair Play proposal
In addition, the committee agreed to nominate fans of the Scottish club Celtic FC for the 2003 FIFA Fair Play Award, which will be announced shortly. “We were all impressed with the behaviour of the Celtic fans at the UEFA Cup final against Porto FC in Seville,” said UEFA vice-president Senes Erzik, who chaired the meeting in the absence of UEFA President Lennart Johansson. “They were there in their thousands, and caused not a single incident during the whole week. The image they showed to the whole world was unique and fascinating.” Celtic fans have already won UEFA’s fair play award for their conduct at the match.

EU campaign
The committee also discussed the latest stage of the lobbying campaign with the European political authorities for sport’s specific nature and autonomy to be anchored in the future European Union Treaty, and agreed to start preparations for the tendering process to choose a marketing agency for the sale of UEFA Champions League television and sponsorship rights for 2006 to 2009.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    lol... we might see a really agressive Lippi from now on. Imagine how he'll react to a game like the one vs. Inter if he doesn't have his cigars to calm him down.

:scared:

and Cuper... he's already a maniac... without the smokes - a frikkin' nutcase.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    i hope Lippi will go easy and concetrate on giving instructions to the players during half time talk

or i hope the Juve dressing room have a hell of a ventilationg system

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++
    I can't believe this...they're banning smoking everywhere! When will it end?
    When people don't smoke anymore.

Fli, I'm excited about that new regulation! :cool:

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Fli, I'm excited about that new regulation! :cool:
    sure. then they will forbid alcohol, having sex. then sleeping, eating, laughing. then they will make us pay for the air we breath. they will take over our minds!!!!....

... i'm sorry.. :embarass:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

sure. then they will forbid alcohol, having sex. then sleeping, eating, laughing. then they will make us pay for the air we breath. they will take over our minds!!!!....
    I don't think people drink alcohol, have sex or sleep on the sidelines at football matches :p

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    bah ! Lippi looked classy with his Cigars :down:

This won't affect him though - cigars is one thing, cigarettes another.

I saw him chewing gum in the game vs Olympiakos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)