Backups (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Recently I bought an Audigy Sound Card and it came bundled with Hitman 2. I like the game and would like to backup the CD just incase something happens to the original. It is a real piss off that I cannot backup a CD which by all rights is mine. Let me hear how you tackle this kind of situations. As it is I've damaged enough PS CD's and it's a piss off.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ancelotti

Oct 31, 2003
Send me a PM, I'll walk you through it. Even if you want to save an image file to your hard drive and use that with a cd emulator.....

OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    What a time to get banned ancellotti :wallbang:

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    I do have a cd/writer but never tried WinISO. Everytime I make a backup I can't use the CD. Looks like am missing some layer or something. I know this is to prevent piracy but all I want to do is keep my originals safe & use copies.
    Martin suppose I burn an ISO - Will it result in the same scenario? CD not playing. Oh and if it inappropriate we could continue this discussion using PM. :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    No, that's ok, we're definitely very on topic :D That's hard to say, I must admit I have no idea what metadata is actually stored in the iso. But I think you have a better chance of making an exact backup by going to iso. :)

And btw, making copies of digital material as backup, for your own personal use, is still VERY legal. ;)

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    Hey Torkel ;)
    Well I guess I try WinISO & see what happens. Oh & thanks Martin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)