Backup keeper (2 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Well, as most of us know, Chimenti's contract ends at the end of the season, he's 34 and has never been the most reliable sub. So, we're going to need someone to replace him.

Who do you think it'll be? A Primavera player, like Mirante or Bonnefoi, or someone from outside the club, or will he be offered a new deal?
Sorry for the double thread ,I didn't see it at the first time.
Well Curci from Roma looked good to me.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juvefreak ] ++
But it wouldn't be a really competition!
Who do you want to buy? Frey or Czech? :D
So it doesn't matter who it is, it isn't really a competition. He is too good...
How about Niemi, Butt, or Abbiati. All could offer Buffon competition. You over-rate him.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Agreed, I think Buffon is a bit overrated these days, Czech is playing better than him at the momment.

I think we are getting a sub that is only meant as a sub, i really want the back-up to be competition though.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Buffon's had some problems over the past 2 seasons, getting beaten when maybe he would normally have stopped it...but the quality's still there, and I think he'll be in the top 3 in the world for many years to come.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
Agreed, I think Buffon is a bit overrated these days, Czech is playing better than him at the momment.

I think we are getting a sub that is only meant as a sub, i really want the back-up to be competition though.
No,I think that you can compare Cech and Buffon because of the quality of their defences.Chelsea have strongest defence then ours.
The rating of the goalkeeper depends on the defence infront of him,and how good was our defence last season?You can't blame Buffon for that ,he was just great.
This season he has just one mistake against Atalanta when he didn't get the Thuram's ball and that was an own goal.Other mistakes came from our defence.
Cech came to Chelsea from Rhenes where he raises the ball from his own net sometimes for 3 or 4 times at the same game.But now in Chelsea ,he was overcomed just 13 times in 36 games.
The point is that you can't blame Gigi, he is giving his best and I think that ,at the moment ,GIGI CANNA and NEDVED are our best players.
AVANTI GIGI,TU SEI NUMERO UNO!!!!!!

bigjesus

Apr 29, 2005
It is very difficult to compare Buffon and Cech. They have a different defence. Buffon has proved to be stable and play at a very high pressure for years. Cech has had a wonderful season at Chelsea - he is for sure a great keeper. I haven't seen many mistakes in this season.
Therefore I wouldn't say that one is better than the other.
In my humble opionion Buffion, Cech and Dida are the best goalkeepers of the world at the moment.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

No,I think that you can compare Cech and Buffon because of the quality of their defences.Chelsea have strongest defence then ours.
The rating of the goalkeeper depends on the defence infront of him,and how good was our defence last season?You can't blame Buffon for that ,he was just great.
This season he has just one mistake against Atalanta when he didn't get the Thuram's ball and that was an own goal.Other mistakes came from our defence.
Cech came to Chelsea from Rhenes where he raises the ball from his own net sometimes for 3 or 4 times at the same game.But now in Chelsea ,he was overcomed just 13 times in 36 games.
The point is that you can't blame Gigi, he is giving his best and I think that ,at the moment ,GIGI CANNA and NEDVED are our best players.
AVANTI GIGI,TU SEI NUMERO UNO!!!!!!
For the record, I dont compare the two goal keepers by their record, I compare by their performance on the pitch. I follow Juve's games (ofcourse) and also chelsea's. And watching the games I see Cech making more quality saves than Buffon.
I know chelsea have the better defense but u should see how Cech does when he is actually tested, he is like Buffon two years ago. While I think Buffon this year has only had a few great games like against Milan. As Cech has more games where he was great.

I know Buffon is ranked number 1 and Cech number 2 but this season I see Cech number 1 and Buffon number 2.

I think Buffon is capable of bieng number 1 for the years to come, but Im merely saying he hasn't performed better than Cech this year.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by bigjesus ] ++
In my humble opionion Buffion, Cech and Dida are the best goalkeepers of the world at the moment.
Full agree! And on the 4th spot...............Helge Payer :LOL:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So the point is, Buffon IS better than Cech,
but Cech performed better this season,
we will wait and see who is the best the years to come

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I'm surprised by how much faith you have in Bonnefoi given that he's never played a game for the senior team (am I right?)
they all play PES4, and there he is quite good :LOL:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)