Azzurri's Team Play needs more Attacking Flare (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think its a blessing that Camoranesi is going to play for italy and that zambrotta has changed to a left back role. Italy need both these players as we do lack wingers. Camoranesi is better at attcking than Zambrotta, and as far as i am concerned, we have no left back as coco is either injured, or not good enough. And Zauri isnt a player like Zambrotta.

if Camo is on the right, and Zambro is left back, this could give the chance to Fiore, or Di Natale on the left to play. Both these players are playing good enough and they will add more creativeness on that left side.

As for Baggio coming in....well, its great to hear, but o be fair...why shouldnt zola be called up then as well?? he has played just as good as baggio, if not better thus far this season.

I believe its wrong to bring in Baggio or Zola though, these are friendlies and we should give players like Miccoli or even Cassano a go as they are our future and they are very good players. Miccoli is having a blinder of a season and i think he should be Del Piero's replacement when he isnt available.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
i think its a blessing that Camoranesi is going to play for italy and that zambrotta has changed to a left back role. Italy need both these players as we do lack wingers. Camoranesi is better at attcking than Zambrotta, and as far as i am concerned, we have no left back as coco is either injured, or not good enough. And Zauri isnt a player like Zambrotta.

if Camo is on the right, and Zambro is left back, this could give the chance to Fiore, or Di Natale on the left to play. Both these players are playing good enough and they will add more creativeness on that left side.

As for Baggio coming in....well, its great to hear, but o be fair...why shouldnt zola be called up then as well?? he has played just as good as baggio, if not better thus far this season.

I believe its wrong to bring in Baggio or Zola though, these are friendlies and we should give players like Miccoli or even Cassano a go as they are our future and they are very good players. Miccoli is having a blinder of a season and i think he should be Del Piero's replacement when he isnt available.
I agree on most of the things that you said but right now Fiore is playing on the right and doing very well there,but I suppose he could be tried on the left,the same thing goes for Di Natalie. However,I doubt we will even play with a left winger...Camo will start on the right with Pirlo creating infront of the defence and a ball winner alongside him (most likely Gattuso,Ambrosini or Di Biagio). As for the Baggio predicament,if he is called up then so should Zola,and Miccoli and Cassano will most likely than not be fulfilling U-21 duty.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yea,and with Cannavaro and Nesta at his side we should have no problems keeping opposing offences at bay.

Zambro's new nickname - il nuovo Maldini:D

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #87
    ++[ originally posted by nina ]++

Ohh, and because DP got injured and Totti is not in form Trap is considering calling back Baggio!
    Oh great, this is just the new apporach that we need for the NT! Trap needs to wake-up! Somebody kick his head hard and get some senses into his decisions pleeease!?

And about il nuovo Maldini. i'm confident he'll impress in LB position. though i still want him back in the right flank.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    What sense does it make wanting him at right wing now that we have Camoranesi who has proved more effective in that position of the pitch?

littleken

Feb 6, 2003
    If Italy do makes it to Euro 2004 Final, I believe a Italy can have a good attacking formula by playing this

Buffon

Coco Cannavaro Nesta Zambrotta

Pirlo

Camoranesi Cassano

Totti

Del Piero Vieri

Since Pirlo once was an attacking midfielder and even a foward, he can help the attack. Zambrotta can be good at attacking, considering a left back.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by littleken ] ++
    If Italy do makes it to Euro 2004 Final, I believe a Italy can have a good attacking formula by playing this

Buffon

Coco Cannavaro Nesta Zambrotta

Pirlo

Camoranesi Cassano

Totti

Del Piero Vieri

Since Pirlo once was an attacking midfielder and even a foward, he can help the attack. Zambrotta can be good at attacking, considering a left back.
    Coco at right back and Zambrotta at left back , ridiculous but I do think that Trap can use that as he loves to complicate matters while I do not see him ever playing Totti,, Cassano, Dp Pirlo, Camoranesi and Vieri in the same team. He might do it in a benefit match but after 5 minutes , he will definitely take off Cassano, Dp and Pirlo and bring on Gatusso, Tomassi and Di Biagio

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    You make me laugh Dennis, I've grown so accustomed to his formations it should hardly surprise me yet I find amusement in the obvious :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)