Azzurri's Team Play needs more Attacking Flare (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by primo_mp ] ++

this i'm recently starting to believe, especially after the world cup. i mean, south korea aren't even that good on the offensive side. but italy just lost focus. they aren't that consistent anymore sad to say..:frown:
Do remember that our 2 best defenders (Cannavaro and Nesta) were absent on this occasion.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
i hope so. but trap doesnt make it any easier. he convinces foolish and ignorant azzuri tifosi such as myself that its HIM who causes the problem....im sure NOBODY else thinks so....;)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
i hope italy get relegated from the world rankings....
How exactly is that going to happen? Even if they are ranked 500 there is no place to be relegated to;)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
they might get relegated by being banned from playing football forever because they suck too much!!!

Picture Del Piero, Vieri, Canna....playing Cricket ;) :LOL:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
getting back to the topic.

i feel that italy need a clean out. not just players, but starting from the top and working there way down to the toilet cleaners.

I mean, for 50 years now, there has been controversy......Mazzolla and Riva couldnt play together, without even trying it. Baggio and Zola. Baggio and Del Piero. totti and Del Piero. the list goes on with how the hierachy of the national team influences the coahes decision on tactics etc...

for me, i think italy has an abundance of players to fill two squads and both could be competitive.

keepers are great.....and with buffon, toldo and cudicini, i think we are set.

As for defenders, i think players such as Materazzi, iuliano and panucci should not be there. Not to mention Negro or any other lazio defender. We have Nesta and Cannavaro as our centre backs, for back ups, Bonera, Ferrari and legrotagli(spelling) should be there. We have the likes of Coco and Zauri for full backs. Zaccardo was mentioned, but i feel he might be a lil young yet. And Zambrotta is playing left back for juve now so he could be used at either right back, or left back. Oddo was great, but this season he has lossed it.

As for the midfield, when a team has players like totti, pirlo, fiore, di natale, Camoranesi (if he chooses italy), zambrotta...what more can we ask for in attacking abililty??? all italy needs is a coach who will pick those players in the squad and actually play the correct team to make it work. for the defending midfield or centre midfield, ambrosini, Marecsa and even Brighi are capable. Ambrosini has the experience, but i think this season we have seen maresca play great and he IMO going to be a future star for juve and italy. Brighi is young still, but has shown that he has what it takes. Tomassi, guttuso, di biagio and zanetti shouldnt be near this team. They add nothing in the offense area of the game. Actually, a player such as tacchinardi would be more useful overall than those players. Zanetti showed nothing for us in that WC, and he was given a go.

And i think with Camoranesi, Zambrotta, coco, Zuari, fiore and di natale, we boast a good wing attack. that is if the formation and strategy is set appropriately.

As for our attack...Del Piero, Vieri and Inzaghi are the only strikers who are still playing well this season. Montella and di Vaio last season were both guns but this season they havent performed well. Maybe a player like Miccoli could inject something new off the bench. Also, Di Natale could be used upfront as well depending on the formation. not to mention camoranesi who can play upfront feeding off the main striker.

so, here would be my squad:
buffon toldo cudicini
nesta cannavaro bonera ferrari legrota... coco zauri
ambrosini maresca brighi fiore totti camoranesi zambrotta di natale pirlo
del piero vieri inzaghi miccoli

thats 23 players....i know the defense is young, but it still has exeprience.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
getting back to the topic.

i feel that italy need a clean out. not just players, but starting from the top and working there way down to the toilet cleaners.

I mean, for 50 years now, there has been controversy......Mazzolla and Riva couldnt play together, without even trying it. Baggio and Zola. Baggio and Del Piero. totti and Del Piero. the list goes on with how the hierachy of the national team influences the coahes decision on tactics etc...

for me, i think italy has an abundance of players to fill two squads and both could be competitive.

keepers are great.....and with buffon, toldo and cudicini, i think we are set.

As for defenders, i think players such as Materazzi, iuliano and panucci should not be there. Not to mention Negro or any other lazio defender. We have Nesta and Cannavaro as our centre backs, for back ups, Bonera, Ferrari and legrotagli(spelling) should be there. We have the likes of Coco and Zauri for full backs. Zaccardo was mentioned, but i feel he might be a lil young yet. And Zambrotta is playing left back for juve now so he could be used at either right back, or left back. Oddo was great, but this season he has lossed it.

As for the midfield, when a team has players like totti, pirlo, fiore, di natale, Camoranesi (if he chooses italy), zambrotta...what more can we ask for in attacking abililty??? all italy needs is a coach who will pick those players in the squad and actually play the correct team to make it work. for the defending midfield or centre midfield, ambrosini, Marecsa and even Brighi are capable. Ambrosini has the experience, but i think this season we have seen maresca play great and he IMO going to be a future star for juve and italy. Brighi is young still, but has shown that he has what it takes. Tomassi, guttuso, di biagio and zanetti shouldnt be near this team. They add nothing in the offense area of the game. Actually, a player such as tacchinardi would be more useful overall than those players. Zanetti showed nothing for us in that WC, and he was given a go.

And i think with Camoranesi, Zambrotta, coco, Zuari, fiore and di natale, we boast a good wing attack. that is if the formation and strategy is set appropriately.

As for our attack...Del Piero, Vieri and Inzaghi are the only strikers who are still playing well this season. Montella and di Vaio last season were both guns but this season they havent performed well. Maybe a player like Miccoli could inject something new off the bench. Also, Di Natale could be used upfront as well depending on the formation. not to mention camoranesi who can play upfront feeding off the main striker.

so, here would be my squad:
buffon toldo cudicini
nesta cannavaro bonera ferrari legrota... coco zauri
ambrosini maresca brighi fiore totti camoranesi zambrotta di natale pirlo
del piero vieri inzaghi miccoli

thats 23 players....i know the defense is young, but it still has exeprience.
1. defence: i dont like materazzi and iuliano and all, but the azzurri still needs them..zaccardo should be played in friendlies for experience..have faith in Oddo, i think he's good(like fiopre who didnt have a good season last season..) but not now..and also watch out for Matteo Ferrari..i think he's quite good..bonera, legrota, zauri r good..but m not really impressed by coco this season

2. Midfield: i like the offensive style that italy doesnt have not, but they still need a 'battler' like gattuso or di biagio...there must be a good balance in midfield between attack and defending

about ur squad..quite impressive :cool: just put in another midfield workhorse...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i thought that a battler would be Maresca....and he has great abitility to connect the midfield with the forwards.

guttusso and di baigio just dont cut it at international level.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
yes, i get your drift.......but, Davids has flair as well and is able to dribble a few players and even score. Thats what Maresca has as well, he can defend very well in midfield, but he is able to score goals and do what Davids does.

Guttusso might be good for running down players, but once that ball touches his feet, theres nothing...he has no other qualities at all.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Trap was at Bergamo today watching the Atalanta-Juve game and observing Zambrotta in his new position. Hopfully Zambo impressed him so that we can say Ciao to Panucci.

Ohh, and because DP got injured and Totti is not in form Trap is considering calling back Baggio! :cheesy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)