Azzurri Thread (22 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
The senior team already has a group of excellent midfielders while leaving out players like Locatelli and Sensi.

Then the U21 team has our Fagioli and Miretti in a group where they are not even totally the stand outs. Casadei, Ricci, Oristanio, Esposito, etc. While also having Pafundi in the senior squad at 17.

I wonder what made the talent pool so skewed towards midfield. It's so much better than attack at all levels of Italian football.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I feel like we need to do what other teams do and not worry about leaving talents in the u21's etc. Just call them up.

Also fagioli should've been called up.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Who though?

The only one who is really "desperate" for a senior call up from the U21 is Udogie imo. The rest have too much competition. Even at LB with Spinazzola and Dimarco we are well covered, Udogie is not a given to play, but with DImarco injured he should have been called instead of Palmieri.

Another player can be Fagioli who is great. Yet with Verratti, Barella, Pellegrini playing his kind of football at a higher level it might just be best for Fagioli to play these matches in the U21. His time will come soon.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
When was the last time there was literally 0 Juventus players in the Italian NT? This is kind of sad tbh.
i don't give a shit about this italy. didn't even know that they play today, just checked the result after opening the thread

sad? maybe, but why would we care. elkann is right to cut ties with figc, they are scum and deserve everything that's the consequence of terrible management for decades. chiellini, bonucci and chiesa helped this country to enjoy a surprise euro win, that should be the last time this club bails them out until this management is in place

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)