Azzurri Thread (117 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
FUaNrRgWUAEDN7A?format=png&name=large.png

Lol but I was told Mancini was going to change after the Argentina game
Change what? He said he was going to try different players, are they not different? He also said he couldn't invent attackers to use.

Fact is if you rotate 7 or 8 players in the currently available Italy squad this is what you get left with. Or do you want Miretti and Fagioli to play against Germany?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Change what? He said he was going to try different players, are they not different? He also said he couldn't invent attackers to use.

Fact is if you rotate 7 or 8 players in the currently available Italy squad this is what you get left with. Or do you want Miretti and Fagioli to play against Germany?
Change the old farts who have no business playing for Italy anymore.

Florenzi, Acerbi, Biraghi, Cristante, Politano. This is dreadful.

He has Calabria, he has Gatti and Scalvini, he has Spinazzola, he has Locatelli and Ricci, he has Raspadori.

And yes, Italy has to change so Miretti and Fagioli against Germany are a better option than Cristante and Politano

He is not managing a club, he does not have to win anything right away, he does not have super expensive older players who have to play to find a buyer. He won the Euros, just extended his contract and has the perfect opportunity to overhaul the national team completely and he still trusts people who are worse than what got him eliminated from WC.

Also, he literally just a few weeks ago called out Serie A clubs for not trusting young players. Same guy who didn't even have Zaniolo on the bench vs Macedonia and now puts out a team like this.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

He is trolling. Mancini changed 10 players, everyone but Donnarumma.

This is as experimental as it gets after 10 players rotated from an already injury impacted squad. Let's see what works.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
And their replacements is what exactly? You talk like there's tons of options in different level.
I literally listed them all above.

Calabria is a very good fullback, Florenzi is his backup ffs. Spinazzola is better than Biraghi, as is Dimarco. Scalvini and Gatti cannot be worse than fucking Acerbi who barely moves. Luiz Felipe is better.

Locatelli is better than Cristante. Raspadori is better than Politano.

Except Gatti and Scalvini (who has almost a 1000 minutes in Serie A this year, very good) they are all established Serie A players and have some actual hope of improvement.

Playing an U23 team against Germany and losing 6-0 would be better growth.

Saying that this team might lose by that anyway lol.
Find one U23 level player (Serie C) I listed above please

Literally better and younger players are sitting on the bench in a competitive game and you're talking about a Berardi-Politano, Bonucci-Acerbi, Di Lorenzo-Florenzi, Emerson-Biraghi and Jorginho-Cristante as some positive changes.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I literally listed them all above.

Calabria is a very good fullback, Florenzi is his backup ffs. Spinazzola is better than Biraghi, as is Dimarco. Scalvini and Gatti cannot be worse than fucking Acerbi who barely moves. Luiz Felipe is better.

Locatelli is better than Cristante. Raspadori is better than Politano.

Except Gatti and Scalvini (who has almost a 1000 minutes in Serie A this year, very good) they are all established Serie A players and have some actual hope of improvement.

Find one U23 level player (Serie C) I listed above please

Literally better and younger players are sitting on the bench in a competitive game and you're talking about a Berardi-Politano, Bonucci-Acerbi, Di Lorenzo-Florenzi, Emerson-Biraghi and Jorginho-Cristante as some positive changes.
Under 23 means Under 23, not Serie C (as in Juve U23).

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Under 23 means Under 23, not Serie C (as in Juve U23).
So why would you then make fun of 'U23' as if the benched players under the age of 23 are worse than the players playing?

- - - Updated - - -

He is trolling. Mancini changed 10 players, everyone but Donnarumma.

This is as experimental as it gets after 10 players rotated from an already injury impacted squad. Let's see what works.
Lmao dude please. You were here 10 days ago bitching about Di Maria over Dybala and Berardi because they're younger.

I never said Mancini wouldn't make any changes, I specifically laughed at him before Argentina for sticking with the same players who eliminated him from WC while calling out Serie A clubs for not trusting youngsters to which you came here and claimed the Argentina game was their swan song and he will incorporate younger players after that.

Now you're pretending that Berardi-Politano, Bonucci-Acerbi, Di Lorenzo-Florenzi, Emerson-Biraghi and Jorginho-Cristante are some positive changes.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Go look at the current available players of this match squad. Who's on the bench.

Mancini has Ricci, Pobega, Cancellieri and Gnonto on the bench. If you ask Whooo? For the last two, I wouldn't blame you. Ricci and Pobega a step too soon too. Random kids against a full-strength best available German 11 except Henrichs. Is basically begging to be raped.

Only ones I see on bench that deserve to play and are improvement are Barella and Calabria. The rest dont matter. I include Raspadori in that. Not impressed by the idea of him being a starter for Azzurri. Has to earn his moments like the other rotational randoms.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Go look at the current available players of this match squad. Who's on the bench.

Mancini has Ricci, Pobega, Cancellieri and Gnonto on the bench. If you ask Whooo? For the last two, I wouldn't blame you. Ricci and Pobega a step too soon too. Random kids against a full-strength best available German 11 except Henrichs. Is basically begging to be raped.

Only ones I see on bench that deserve to play and are improvement are Barella and Calabria. The rest dont matter. I include Raspadori in that. Not impressed by the idea of him being a starter for Azzurri. Has to earn his moments like the other rotational randoms.
Nations League is just UEFA’s way of trying to milk more money. This is a training game so Mancini is doing the right thing experimenting.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

Dude, again, Calabria, Luiz Felipe, Spinazzola, Barella, Raspadori are all there on the bench and better players than the guys on the pitch. Nobody is talking about Pobega and Ricci taking over the reins over night.

I am talking about Mancini calling out others for not trusting young players while he continues doing things like tonight and he will continue doing them. Jorginho, Immobile, Berardi and others will continue playing in the next qualifications cycle. It is the message he is sending to other players and fans that he won't trust and experiment with younger players even in a glorified friendly game.

It is not about one off game, it is about overhauling the system that has Itally not qualifying to the last 2 world cups and being humiliated at the other two.

Point is there is literally no future with Acerbis and Politanos. At least give the kids a chance or stop blaming others (Mancini)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)